shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for my ruby?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the settings you've picked out are very similar to the engagement ring of Sarah Ferguson, see her ruby ring half way down this page
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/royal-jewels.73838/

her ruby is a bit pink tho. also i dont like the "flower" look you get from the prongs being at the outer ends.

Here are some other setting eyecandy...i think i just prefer smaller halos in general.

ruby5.jpg

ruby4.jpg

ruby2.jpg

ruby1.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
This!

The ruby in this ring is 5cts, so the diamonds are probably quite large also, but what I like are the proportions, so I would think the same ring, only smaller proportions could work. It also looks like the ruby would sit snug down in the halo, which I really like.

ruby sample.jpg

ruby_side.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I talked back and forth with IDJ last evening to work out proportions. This is the look/size I feel will work for me. They'll change shank and prong colors.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I forgot the pictures.

IDJ-8262-8170-3.JPG

IDJ-8262-8170.JPG

IDJ-8262-8170-2.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MUCH nicer.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Uppy, I was just about to suggest that sapphire ring from IDJ! I called about that one a few weeks ago for my oval sapphire. It's going to look STUNNING with your ruby :love: :love: :love:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy, I like the last setting you posted the most! I also like the leon setting that was posted a few posts back, the one with the pears in the halo along the shank.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1336566417|3190915 said:
I talked back and forth with IDJ last evening to work out proportions. This is the look/size I feel will work for me. They'll change shank and prong colors.

I think she will look beautiful in that setting!!! :love: :love: :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
colorluvr|1336566119|3190909 said:
This!

The ruby in this ring is 5cts, so the diamonds are probably quite large also, but what I like are the proportions, so I would think the same ring, only smaller proportions could work. It also looks like the ruby would sit snug down in the halo, which I really like.
Where did you find this beauty? Any chance we could get the same mounting from them?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1336579410|3191093 said:
colorluvr|1336566119|3190909 said:
This!

Where did you find this beauty? Any chance we could get the same mounting from them?

I found the setting on the 1stdibs website. It is from SHREVE, CRUMP & LOW - which used to be David & Co (or is it the other way around ?), there is contact info which I can email to you =) This ring is for sale for only $88,000 :-o however, I'm sure a good part of that price is the fact that it is a 5ct ruby... so check your email!!!

quintilis

Rough_Rock
The newest option from IDJ is my preference for that style, or the 23rd street options - personally I prefer the "less pointy prong" look.

This'll be beautiful! :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've made my down payment. IDJ is creating a 10 stone halo (F-G, VS, excellent cut, ~20 pts each) mounting. The shank and prongs for the ruby will be yellow gold, and the halo will be white. The outer prongs will be minimized. They've been really responsive. I'm very eager to see the outcome.

I would LOVE it if someone would be willing to photo shop both my stone into the mount, along with changing the color of the band?

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I can't help with the photoshopping Uppy but I love what you've chosen! :appl: Perfect in my eyes, I've always liked the outer prong style halos because to me they make the diamonds look a little more like petals :)) Love it! Your ruby should look stunning.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a link to the setting you're using?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions are wondeful; lots of bling presence but yet not overpowering the ruby. Your ring is going to be spectacular!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1336793119|3193615 said:
It will be custom made for my stone by IDJ, But they have an example on their site. The reason for these specific pictures is that the sapphire is about the same measurements of my stone, so I could get a good idea how the .20s would look. Here's the link to the similar setting: http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_28&products_id=11178&cType=ER&fb_source=message

That will look great with a ruby. Have you sent your stone off? Wonder if they do those in rounds?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've got it packed up to go on Monday when I can get it sent Registered Mail. Since they're doing mine custom, I'm sure they would do a round.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy-- Any update on your ruby ring? I would love to see it, completed or WIP! :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, here's the story. I just sent this message to a friend as an update:

I'm so bummed. Talked to Luann (at IDJewelry) on Thursday. She checked about the mounting. It was finished and was to be shipped to IDJ. Unfortunately, it wouldn't arrive until Monday and that was the beginning of their two week break. Luann asked that it be held until the end of the break so it wouldn't be sitting around waiting for them to return. So, it will take another two weeks before its ready for the ruby to be mounted. I wanted to see the mount before being set to make sure it all looked as I wanted. She said she'd send pictures before mounting. I've heard this same tune since beginning of June. :( So far, except for quick responses to my questions, I'm not very happy with this experience.

This means about ten weeks from start to finish. :nono:

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Uppy--

That is no fun-- I am sorry. I am sure it will be worth the wait though!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'd better hear something this week. :angryfire:

rubymd

Rough_Rock
uppy. It is with IDJ right? They are back today since I heard back on my request for a quote for jackets this morning. Maybe you should give them a ring. I can't wait to see the finished piece.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I think I will, ruby. Looking at your beautiful ring has got me tapping my foot in impatience again.

rubymd

Rough_Rock
Uppy thank you very much! And I can't wait to see your ring. As you can tell I love rubies in a sarah(/diana) setting. Personally, I think rubies are so timeless and regal set that way esp with chunky diamonds around them. And with the color of the ruby you have found it is the best showcase you could have given the stone. Your ring will stop traffic when it is done.
Hopefully they can get it out the door to you very soon.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I just spoke with Luann at IDJ. They are just finishing up the photos of the mounting. I wanted to see it before the ruby went in just in case something isn't exactly right. With any luck I may have it on my finger by the end of the week!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results