Votes: 8 57.1%
  • White Akoya AAA

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Golden AkoyaAA+

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! My 21st birthday was on April 9th and my Amazing parents gave me $500 to go towards something "that I can keep and remember my 21st" so obviously I need to buy a piece of jewelry! I was thinking pearl studs but I already bought a 1500$ pair from Brian Gavin as my birthday present to myself and $500 wont get me much of an upgrade. So I have decided that I would like a lovely set of pearls! The only problem is that I am having trouble deciding which strand I want. Again, my budget is $500. I already have a set of pink freshwater pearls from Pearl Paradise for my 16th birthday and I loved that experience so I would Like to order from them again. Also, I am 5 foot 1 and 110 pounds so I'm petite. My pink pearls are 6-7mm and I like the size but wouldn't mind going a bit bigger.

Here are my choices:

Freshadama White (7.5-8mm)
Freshadama%20white.jpg

Blue Baroque Akoya pearls (8-8.5mm)
703x324e.gif

White Akoya Pearls (6.5-7mm AAA)
white%20akoya.jpg

Or I can stretch the budget and get the Golden Akoya Pearls (8-8.5mm AA+)
gold%20akoya.jpg

I will try inserting a poll incase anyone doesn't feel like leaving a comment. Thanks everyone for your help and opinions!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I voted blue akoyas - Happy Birthday!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Go for the Gold.

Apply the 20% off code that is currently available before Mother's Day, and they are only $520.

20% off with code MOM2012

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for that code! I was using the 10% one on the front page! Unfortunately the gold strand is already discounted so I cant use it on that one. But if i decide on a different strand that coupon will help a lot.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I vote for the blue baroque. Or, how about the 8.5 to 9mm AAA strands? PP sent me some pics of that vs the Freshadama strands and I really couldn't see a difference...then you would have money on studs as well :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue gets my vote! The color and luster look amazing and they're larger size.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
get something you would wear when 40 and when 60.....

i don't think you can go wrong with any of those.

i am drawn to the blue.........

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a great strand from catherine! nice find!
i too can vouch for catherine as a trusted vendor.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the blue baroque, they're the prettiest in the batch you posted. Those Catherine Cardini pearls are nice too.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I chose blue akoyas.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there was not a bad choice among them!
i think you'll be pleased with the blues for many a year.

rengb6

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your advice! I love the blue akoyas the most but am afraid because they are nacre over a bead that they will not last me through my entire lifetime, but they are just so beautiful! Which is why I decided to buy the white freshadama strand, with the money my parents gave me, to remember my 21st birthday(I have read that they can last much longer than akoya) and then I will treat myself to the blue Akoyas! It seems that the 7.5-8mm has sold out, I have obviously taken to long to decide. I will either ask if they are truly completely sold out on Monday or I will just buy the 8-8.5 and hope that I do not find them to big. Thanks again everyone! I'll post pictures when I get them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is no such thing as "too big".....you will find this out as you get older. seeing small pearls on a woman "of age" looks weird.

we were watching a doc last night {The Captains} re the star trek captains and the woman being interviewed had on a strand of pearls.....first thing out of my mouth to hubby was "those pearls are too small for her"....and i would have added that a longer strand would also have been more becoming to her.

congrats on buying something with an eye and thought to wearing it a life time!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Lucky girl!! You bought yourself a ring (or sis you decide on the pendant?) and BGD pearl studs for your birthday. Now a beautiful strand of pearls from your parents. You definitely will remember your 21st! Happy birthday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results