shape
carat
color
clarity

Grandmother's engagement ring

narual

Rough_Rock
The one from the jeweler is a decorative outer box with their logo, and inside it is an unmarked box that's a 2 part number rather than a hinged one. The lid has padding on the inside and their logo, the base is white leather(ette?) and holds the ring straight up instead of at an angle. It seems quite large to me, and a bit awkward... better for someone giving a wrapped present than popping a question, maybe.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! You must be thrilled. It almost looks like the center stone is floating within the halo in some of the photos, very cool look.

I prefer the red box.

liz

narual

Rough_Rock
OK, no more photos. I think they did a fantastic job of replicating the details of the original. I'm not sure if I like the real thing or the rendering better... the rendering really felt like it was inspired by Apple. But I'm happy with the results, I think.

The final appraisal, if anyone is curious:
Lady's platinum engagement ring, with one G color, VS2 clarity, step cut diamond. The diamond weighs .80 carat, measures 4.94mm wide by 5.28mm long by 3.27 mm deep, and is set in a platinum bezel. In addition, there are twenty-two round brilliant cut diamonds, G color, SI1 clarity, with a total weight of .10 carat. The engagement ring weighs 11.60 grams.

narual

Rough_Rock
OK, one more photo just because I'm in a good mood and snapped this as part of an excuse for borrowing the lens.

A few weeks after we met she told me that she'd sworn she wouldn't cohabit with anyone again without a ring on her finger (because the prior relationship lasted like 7 years before there was a ring there, and he never really asked her, she basically finally asked him and bought herself the ring with his assistance but not interest). When I convinced her to move in, I gave her this, so she wouldn't be breaking her oath. :)

It's an adjustable hello kitty ring made from swarovski (however you spell that) crystals. :)

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love BOTH rings! That is very sweet you bought her a ring before she moved in. Love the sentiment in that. :appl:

And, I prefer the red box. It looks really classy. You can give her the jewelry store's box later, too, since it's nice to have those kind of mementos.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the ring turned out beautifully! thanks for sharing those great pictures :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That turned out SPECTACULAR!!! :appl: :love: :appl: I love that bezel/halo setting! Wow - what a stunning setting---- congratulations on the design and the engagement!

Which box did you go for? Really, once you flip that lid, WHO CARES!!! She'll be so thrilled with the ring!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring!! :appl: Thanks for coming back with pics. The setting is beautiful and the diamond really cleaned up SO beautifully. She is going to love it! Bravo :appl: :appl:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
The ering turned out beautifully. They did a very nice job meeting your specs and I love the use of the heirloom stone and still keeping a few design features of the original. Well done!

narual

Rough_Rock
She said yes. :)

narual

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your help. :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!! Great news - you both look so happy!!! great camera shots, too

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It looks perfect on her...you did good! :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did very good! I love the diamond in it's new gorgeous setting. I also love the weight of the setting. You two make the cutest couple!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! :appl: congratulations! The ring is beautiful! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it turned out beautifully and looks amazing on her hand!!! :love: Fabulous job - congrats to you both and thanks for the pic - you're a great-looking couple!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautifully!! I love how much thought you've put into your lady's ring, she is a lucky girl! Please come back with handshots!! :appl: :bigsmile:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's done. Looks great! Love the pic of the two of you :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just now seeing this thread - I can't believe what a perfect blend of sleek elegance and respecting the original design. You (and the designer/jeweler) did a fantastic job. I love the simplicity of the gallery and imagine it must be really comfortable to wear.

Congratulations - you look like a lovely couple and the ring looks great on her! I hope she was surprised, touched and loved it.

stonecutter2

Rough_Rock
That ring is so beautiful, well done, sir! Very classic with a modern twist. Congratulations to you both!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Good things come to those who wait. Beautiful ring and very special.

InnaR

Shiny_Rock
I adore your ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Love the ring, stone and how it echoes the original design! Well done! :appl:

narual

Rough_Rock
Thank you all very much! She loves it! The wedding's going to be in January :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results