shape
carat
color
clarity

Monster Pearl Pendant with Blue Moonstone

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last November I visited Sarah at Kojima Pearl and selected this monster two-toned Tahitian pearl to come home with me. After much thought, I decided to take it to Stephen Vincent Design in Minneapolis and asked this pearl might inspire Stephen to create something special. It did! :bigsmile: I picked up this wonderful pendant today.

First, the description and a photo of the pearl from Kojima Pearls.

MonsterPearlVendorPhoto.jpg

MonsterPearlDesc.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stephen suggested using 18k red gold with a blue sheen moonstone on top. There are organic red gold "drips" coming down the sides. I think it looks amazing.

Pendant_2545.jpg

Pendant_GlamourShot.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I brought in my own 22" red gold rolo chain to be used with the pendant. Stephen considered the view that I would have when wearing the pendant. I tried to get a wearer's eye view in these shots.

Pendant_From Above.jpg

Pendant_From Above2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A few more pictures of my new pearl pendant. I took these photos next to my front door, and you can see my mock orange shrub reflected in the pearl.

Pendant Top with Mock Orange_2529.jpg

Pendant with Mock Orange_2528.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Finally, a couple of neck shots. I was wearing my tsavorite cab set in green and red gold today as well.

These photos were taken with two different cameras in two different places, hence the change in sweater color. It really is the same sweater.

Thanks for coming by! :wavey:

NeckShot_2545.jpg

NeckShot_409.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl that is stunning! What a unique and interesting piece. I love the "wearer's view". Lovely.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such an interesting pendant! That sure is a killer pearl and I love how it was set with the drips of rose gold and the complimentary hues of the blue moonstone. It is gorgeous! How creative to consider the "wearers" view!

Beautiful :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Very creative :appl: :appl: :appl: That is one huge pearl with a cute hat of a moonstone. Enjoy.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful custom pendant. Love the look of the finished creation. Isn't it nice not to look like everyone else? Enjoy! :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you K9, Enerchi, MZ, 4Ranch Girl, and NacreLover!

I had forgotten just how big this pearl was until I opened the box with the finished creation yesterday. I love that it has some presence. :cheeky:

I loved the idea when the designer suggested a moonstone cap. I would never have thought of that, but I think it is so cool. Soon afterwards a pair of moonstones appeared for sale on the Artistic Colored Stones website, so I snapped them up and had the same designer make me a pair of matching earrings. Photos are over on the Colored Stones Forum.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-blue-moonstone-earrings.174465/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-blue-moonstone-earrings.174465/[/URL]

Yes, it is great to have pearls that are beautiful, but don't look like everyone else's pearls. :appl: :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd go further and say there is beauty to be had in pearls that are not the standard white round......

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^I agree totally, MZ! ^^^

That "flaw" makes it unique and totally 'yours', and that's what appeals to me about this pendant - is so amazing! Great pearl selection Flygirl!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That is one cool pendant, and I love the chain.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems|1336050587|3186508 said:
That is one cool pendant, and I love the chain.
Thank you, LG, for your nice comments.

I never had rolo chains until a few years ago, and discovered that I liked the design a lot. So, as gold prices were going up several years ago, I hunted around on-line until I found a couple of rolo chains in rose gold that were still priced at 'old gold' prices. I am soooo happy that I purchased them then. Prices for simple things like chains to hold pendants are eye-wateringly high these days. ;(

Wow that is very cool and unique! I love that the designer thought about what *you* would see.

Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results