Royal Jewels

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
can this be real diamonds?

madde3_3004JID_vi4.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Teriann|1335540574|3182211 said:
Honestly Danny, that's the most contructive critisim I've ever heard! :D (the communication major in me is clapping :appl: )

Teriann, you are very kind! Thank you for your comments. My beloved late aunt was a communication major! :appl: What a nice post! :wavey:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1335658236|3183213 said:
So far I'm pleased with what we've seen; and lets not forget that (hopefully) there will be plenty of years to see what lies in the jewellery boxes ;-) Let's just give the Duchess some time untill the Duke & she are more active in royal duties (think about State Banquets, Royal Variety Performances), and certainly lets wait till the Diamon Jublee events before making conclusions about Catherine & jewels. Hey! It's just merely an year since the wedding!

Bobby

Bobby, I'm glad you take the long view and I will too! :wavey:

Best,
Danny

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine|1335773204|3183848 said:

No. We've seen this pair at another gala for the WCF in New York and then we concluded that they are not real diamonds. I have a closer photo in my files.
By the way, wasn't Queen Silvia also set to attend this year's gala dinner in NY? I was surprised that HM wasn't there...

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1335720976|3183480 said:
First, let me apologize for not posting this sooner. I've been swamped at school with state testing. :((

I had a birthday a few weeks ago, and my mom found a massively cool present...coloring books and paper dolls from Queen Elizabeth's coronation. So yes, that means these books are 60 years old. They are in good shape; the paper dolls have not been punched out, the clothes haven't been cut out. Just a few of the pictures have been colored. These are just plain cool!!!!

Happy belated birthday, Maria! I hope you'll have a wonderful year :)
Nice present you mom gave you! Are there jewels to go with the dolls and dresses? I can only imagine tiny tiaras and necklaces ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday (2nd May) The Duchess of Cornwall, Honorary Air Commodore, received the Freedom of Thame on behalf of Royal Air Force Halton and took the salute at the Freedom Parade outside Thame Town Hall. Her Royal Highness, dresses in lovely blue, wore the new pearl and diamond choker, her pearl and diamond earringsand the RAF badge:

143671565.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...uchess-of-cornwall-wears-news-photo/143671565

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
And a planet that fell out of orbit & landed on her head. :D

--- Laurie

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
BANGKOK, 5 May 2012 (NNT) - His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej today celebrated the Coronation Day with other royal members.

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej left Sirirat Hospital with Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn and Her Royal Highness Princess Siriwanwaree Narirat to perform the royal ceremony at Amarindra Vinichai Throne Hall in the Grand Palace.

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej was officially crowned as Rama IX, the 9th king of the Chakri dynasty, on 5th May 1950, four years after his accession to the throne.

03_1.jpg

04_1.jpg

13_1.jpg

0034.jpg

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1336089283|3186986 said:
And a planet that fell out of orbit & landed on her head. :D

--- Laurie
I think that Camilla looks very beautiful in her blue ensemble with the pearl choker.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1336232586|3188157 said:
BANGKOK, 5 May 2012 (NNT) - His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej today celebrated the Coronation Day with other royal members.

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej left Sirirat Hospital with Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn and Her Royal Highness Princess Siriwanwaree Narirat to perform the royal ceremony at Amarindra Vinichai Throne Hall in the Grand Palace.

His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej was officially crowned as Rama IX, the 9th king of the Chakri dynasty, on 5th May 1950, four years after his accession to the throne.

Thanks, AmayasV! I love your posts on the Thai royals, as they don't get much attention here are on the other boards that I frequent...
I really enjoyed the last photo, where Queen Sirikit is waving. So nice :)
AmayasV, you seem to have a great interest in that royal family, so I'd like to ask you somethink - I looks like Rama IX only leaves the hospital to attend only the most important of events and is usually sitting (either on a wheel-chair or a sort of throne) and in the photos HM looks very frail... Do you know if that's true?
I also noticed that the three most important royal ladies - The Queen and the Princesses Sirindhorn and Srirasmi) were dressed in hues of pink, while others were in shades of yellow/green. Is there a particular significance in these colours fro them?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Looking at various photos from royal weddings, I noticed something in the jewels Crown Princess Victoria wore at Martha-Louise of Norway's wedding in 2002. As we know, the anethyst parure in the Bernadotte collection consists of a tiara/necklace, a pair of bracelets that can form a choker, a pair of earrings, a large pendant brooch and a small one. In the photo we can see the tiara, the smaller brooch and one of the bracelets. But HRH also wore a pendant on the riviere, which is not the one from the large brooch. Since we know that there aren't any other spare parts of in the parure, what did the Crown Princess hung from the necklace? Any guesses would be useful.

054252002052.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Daily Mail has an article with many photos on the upcoming exhibition Diamonds: A Jubilee Celebration. The photos are all new and I will appear in the new book, I assume.
Apart from the ones mentioned in the article, among the 100 exhibits are going to be: Queen Victoria's diamond collet necklace, earrings and fringe brooch, QV's small crown, the "Best" diamonds and a jewelled snuff box from Frederick the Great's collection.

Note: the Delhi Durbar necklace is featured only because it contains one of the Cullinan diamonds ;-)

It was interesting to read the Teck Corsage Brooch's "new" name... Wonder what the story behind it is...
Also, I find it strange that they didn't mention the tiara that came with the three rose brooches, don't you think?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Since I mentioned the rose brooches... Looking at this photo again and again, I keep wondering what the occasion might've been. Something important for sure. Lets hope that we'll see sth similar (in terms of grandeur) at this year's celebrations:
untitled5.jpg

Anybody knows when this was taken?

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Bobby,
I found the photo on getty images. States taken in Melbourne, 1954: Queen Elizabeth II on the balcony of Government House, Melbourne, during her tour of Australia, March 1954. (Photo by Fox Photos/Hulton Archive/Getty Images).

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1336242649|3188223 said:
Thanks, AmayasV! I love your posts on the Thai royals, as they don't get much attention here are on the other boards that I frequent...
I really enjoyed the last photo, where Queen Sirikit is waving. So nice :)
AmayasV, you seem to have a great interest in that royal family, so I'd like to ask you somethink - I looks like Rama IX only leaves the hospital to attend only the most important of events and is usually and in the photos HM looks very frail... Do you know if that's true?
I also noticed that the three most important royal ladies - The Queen and the Princesses Sirindhorn and Srirasmi) were dressed in hues of pink, while others were in shades of yellow/green. Is there a particular significance in these colours fro them?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

Bobby,
Because I'm thai and interest in thai royal family and others asian royal courts.I have no idea about HM's health issues ,after Princess Galyani Vadhhana's funeral in 2008 I looked him sitting on a wheel-chair from then.He gets much better than his last birthday celebration ,looked so tired and (maybe)couldn't control his hands. On 20 April 2012 their Majesties visited the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, locally called Wat Phra Kaew, to observe mural paintings on the gallery surrounding the temple’s Uposotha.

555000005211401.jpg

On 27 April 2012 @ Sra Phathum Palace with Princess Sirindhorn and Thanpuying Dasanavalaya Sorasongkram ,the only daughter of Princess Galyani Vadhana.

555000005542503.jpg

The princess in pink and two row pearls in the last photo is princess Clulabhorn ,the youngest daugther of HM. Princess Srirasmi didn't attend the event. IMP the colour doesn't matter its depennd on their testse.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1336243701|3188236 said:
Looking at various photos from royal weddings, I noticed something in the jewels Crown Princess Victoria wore at Martha-Louise of Norway's wedding in 2002. As we know, the anethyst parure in the Bernadotte collection consists of a tiara/necklace, a pair of bracelets that can form a choker, a pair of earrings, a large pendant brooch and a small one. In the photo we can see the tiara, the smaller brooch and one of the bracelets. But HRH also wore a pendant on the riviere, which is not the one from the large brooch. Since we know that there aren't any other spare parts of in the parure, what did the Crown Princess hung from the necklace? Any guesses would be useful.

054252002052.jpg

can it be a part of the second bracelet?

00741-webb.jpg

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Perhaps this photo of demi-parure (minus tiara) will help:

sweden%20amethysts.jpg

I think one of the above posters is on the right track mentioning the other bracelet. Maybe the pendant is one of the larger end pieces as seen in the top right of my photo.

Picture from a newly discovered website!

theroyaluniverse.com

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Good thought, BB -- looks like it might be this one:

sweden%20amethysts2.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
does someone have the photos of silvia at the nobel 1986 when she wore this set
she had many of the items in her hair she maight have had the pendent victoria wore with the necklace

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine|1336392081|3189148 said:
does someone have the photos of silvia at the nobel 1986 when she wore this set
she had many of the items in her hair she maight have had the pendent victoria wore with the necklace

Here is the photo that you mean, Josefine. Back in 1986, Queen Silvia wore the smaller brooch from the parure and a diamond hair-slide.
The larger brooch was used in front, securing HM's sash, while the pendant was used on the necklace.
Silvia86Nobels.jpg

I am convinced that The Crown Princess remains the only person to have worn the oval peandant to date.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1336353912|3188962 said:
Perhaps this photo of demi-parure (minus tiara) will help:

sweden%20amethysts.jpg

I think one of the above posters is on the right track mentioning the other bracelet. Maybe the pendant is one of the larger end pieces as seen in the top right of my photo.

Picture from a newly discovered website!

theroyaluniverse.com

JewelFreak|1336388948|3189135 said:
Good thought, BB -- looks like it might be this one:

Might be! Now we only need to find a proof that the clasp of the bracelet is detachable. We already know thet it has a hook ;-)
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1336258511|3188329 said:
Bobby,
I found the photo on getty images. States taken in Melbourne, 1954: Queen Elizabeth II on the balcony of Government House, Melbourne, during her tour of Australia, March 1954. (Photo by Fox Photos/Hulton Archive/Getty Images).

Thanks! It must've been the first visit by the new Queen to her realm down there.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine|1336392426|3189150 said:
i guess this is the same necklace her doughter Birgitta wore at her brother¨s wedding, i do not have a good photo does anyone have one of birgitta wíth this necklace?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsfujita/3291801179/

Yes, that's the one - five rows of pearls with a large cab sapphire in a frame of 17 diamonds at the clasp.
Unfortunately, the photos I have are either b/w or not clear.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have a question - we have often seen Princess Madeleine and once Princess Victoria with the drops from the Connaught tiara as pendants on a fine chain. The resault is a lovely, simple necklace. But has thier mother, Queen Silvia, ever worn this necklace?

Princess%20Madeline%20of%20Sweden.jpg

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i do not think silvia has worn the pendents alone, she has worn the tiara as a necklace.
Madeleine has worn a pendent on a reviere diamond necklace

prince.of.preslav|1336425132|3189478 said:
I have a question - we have often seen Princess Madeleine and once Princess Victoria with the drops from the Connaught tiara as pendants on a fine chain. The resault is a lovely, simple necklace. But has thier mother, Queen Silvia, ever worn this necklace?

Princess%20Madeline%20of%20Sweden.jpg

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what webbsites do you look through if you want to have your info on royal jewllery

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
i tought i may have seen them before.
Silvia willl be in NY in a week or so for a gala

prince.of.preslav|1336083193|3186906 said:
Josefine|1335773204|3183848 said:

No. We've seen this pair at another gala for the WCF in New York and then we concluded that they are not real diamonds. I have a closer photo in my files.
By the way, wasn't Queen Silvia also set to attend this year's gala dinner in NY? I was surprised that HM wasn't there...

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results