shape
carat
color
clarity

Men and diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/9/2004 11:59
6.gif
7 AM
Author: Mara
I don''t care if men wear diamond, why should all the fun be relegated only to women?!

My hubby has a diamond in his wedding ring, it''s a tension set titanium and gold ring. The diamond is .38c. It''s beautiful and he gets tons of compliments on it. He may have been able to go a bit larger, aka .50c but I think anything bigger than that and he would have felt it was a bit odd. But the ring showcases his stone nicely. I''ll try to post a picture later today when I have some more time.

That said, I adore the Benchmark channel style rings for both men and women (someone posted something similar earlier), aka rows of diamonds with metal in between. I don''t know about big honking stones for men (sorry VT!) because to me that''s almost too feminine, but I like smaller stones into a ring (just don''t do a pinky ring style!) or something like the tension set because it''s modern and doesn''t look unmasculine.

My two cents!! :) Have fun.
Mara
so what size rb is too big for a men ? i found out 3 ct is too big
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bigger than MINE is too big!!
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think men jewelry is the nicest, rings included.

Jewelers have the nicest rings ! Not sure if this is a habit of the trade or what, but I have yet to see one case when the ring on the jewleer''s hand is not a true conversation piece - usully perfectly tastefull and at least among the nicest things in the shop
2.gif
So... why not ?

I happen to work in a reasonably women-deprived environment, and it so funny to hear the guys compare pieces of jewelry whenever the time is right and any relevant girls are at least a mile away. Believe me, the time is often right !
11.gif
Anyone noticed the same ?

r000-10-01W.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ana- I'll change the setting, but I'D like to wear that diamond! :)
On a man- I can picture a big fat old guy wearing it on his pinky, hovering over a bowl of macaroni! :)

OKOKOK, I WILL admit this. There is a square Jeff Cooper band that has tiny guymonds in it. I could live with that. The shape of the ring is tres cool. But my guy only wanted a plain band and left the bling to me. I have a problem with men and ANY jewelry. Yikes! Sorry fellas!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2004 3:46:54 AM
Author: valeria101

Jewelers have the nicest rings ! Not sure if this is a habit of the trade or what, but I have yet to see one case when the ring on the jewleer''s hand is not a true conversation piece - usully perfectly tastefull and at least among the nicest things in the shop
2.gif
So... why not ?

r000-10-01W.jpg
HI:

I guess my (jeweller) Father was the exception....wore only a watch....not even a wedding band!
Vive la difference..............(pardon my French)

cheers--Sharon

(but I''ll take that one in the picture thanks--I like large masculine rings and I dare say my manish hands can handle it...)
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2004 2:56
6.gif
1 PM
Author: ursulawrite
I''m of the opinion that men who covet diamonds are listening to their inner Liberaces too much. But who am I, anyway? You should go with whatever makes you happy!
Hah! And, I''m in agreement. But, I do like some of the more subtle masculine ones. I just know hubby wouldn''t wear one. Had a hard time getting him to wear a wedding band.
6.gif

Scott Terence

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I just posted my new ring from Boone Rings here. I hope the linking works.

Best regards,

Scott

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
This is the only example I''ve ever seen of a men''s band with diamonds in it that I''d personally want my guy to wear. It kind of doesn''t count because the diamonds are baguettes, so wouldn''t really catch light like a round would and wouldn''t call much attention to themselves, but I LOVE this band for a guy.

6653.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results