shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of resetting diamond studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

urbinsissy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a pair of .25 carat round diamond studs set in a high profile (about 1/4 inch from bottom to top of setting), 4-prong yellow-gold setting. Would you happen to know an approximate cost to have them reset in a lower profile 4-prong white-gold setting? Since I''m not really up on jewelry restyling I''m not sure what cost should be and thought I''d ask all you experts :) Thanks
19.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I''d guess $100-$150 based on quotes I received last year for the same thing. It''s mostly for the labor & polishing.
1.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Internet pricing for the mounts runs any where from around $100 up to around $200, depending on the style, in white or yellow gold. A vendor may charge a setting fee as well.
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost had my studs reset and called *many* jewelers and found one that was willing to charge a bit under $100 (I think they quoted 85 for WG screwback basket settings). This was a nonchain store that did repairs and sold just a bit of jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results