shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD stones on hold for studs - feedback on stones/settings

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I just put the below two stones on hold at BGD. Lesley said they will be on hold for 48 hours so I am hoping to get your feedback on them today and pull the trigger on them by tomorrow. Please let me know your thoughts on stats and pricing value.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...ls/0.623-j-si1-round-diamond-ags-104056309013
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d...ls/0.612-j-si1-round-diamond-ags-104056309019

Also, I am still wavering on classic martini's versus 4 prong basket. Lesley said that she sells way more martini's. I will soon have a newborn and a three year old tugging at my ears so I want something sturdy. I will most likely get jumbo friction backs. Not a fan of screwbacks. I like the way the martini's make the stone look so round, but I do not want something uncomfortable and poking into my ear hole. I also do not want it to dissappear from the side view. I feel like the basket setting may give more ear presence from the side view and might be more comfortable. Anybody get martini's and wish they had gotten baskets or vice versa? Anyways, any feedback appreciated.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: BGD stones on hold for studs - feedback on stones/settin

I think the stones are gorgeous :) as far as settings...I have bezels so I'm no help :) I think either one would be beautiful.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have 4 prong baskets and just prefer an even number of prongs! :bigsmile: My prong tips are small and do not make my round stones look anything other than round. This is an awful picture, but my studs are .65 each so just a tiny bit bigger than the ones you are looking at and you can see that they look round!

IMG_2243.JPG

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

SLG, thank you! I was worried a little about the location of the inclusions but I really don't think they are going to bother me. I think going with J's like you did will get me a little more carat weight for the buck!

Diamondseeker, thanks so much for always responding to my never ending threads on studs! I love the size of your stones on you so I am hoping to be equally happy! As much as I'd like to see what all the excitement for martini's is all about, I can't help but be attracted to the 4 prongs and the basket setting. I think it might just be a better fit for me too! I am taking your previous advice though and getting the jumbo friction backs!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love my 3 prong martinis - as Kenny says, people vary! :D

I find mine still have a presence on profile viewing, they do not poke into my piercing hole at all, the friction back holds them very well... I love them! but, I do not have a newborn in my world and mine are smaller at .44 and .43 (also J's from BGD) .

Nice stones, btw!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

beautiful stones! I think that your decision on settings is really going to come down to visual preference. At this size I don't think you will feel any "poking in your earlobe" to keep them secure. I have .41's from BGD and they are extremely comfortable. I don't prefer a high profile on any of my jewelry, so I went with martini's. No matter what you get, the oversized friction backs are a must.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

I also wouldn't be concerned with one being more sturdy than the other. I wear my martini's daily with a 3 year old, 18month old, and a new born.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi, thank you for your feedback. Do you find that the martini's look triangular at all to you due to the prong placement? When I look at the up close macro shots, I notice it, but when they are on the ear, the stones just look so clean and seem to be floating.

Ponder, thanks so much! Good to hear that your martini's have stood up with such a growing family! Congrats on the three little ones btw!!! I will definitely get the jumbo friction backs for sure! Do you notice any triangular look due to the prongs? I only seem to notice it in up close macro shots. On the ears I don't notice it at all.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Had to go to the mirror to check! No. They are enlarged so much in photos that it's noticeable, but IRL the prongs on my diamond size, are barely noticeable. They def do not look triangular. What shape is "sparkly"??? :D IMO, the studs just float on my ears.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in the martini camp--I love how they sit in the earlobes w/out protruding outwards too far/drooping effect. BTW, I have 2 active toddlers and have not lost an earring yet w/ the friction backs!

Check out my post w/ pics for comparison:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-59-ctw-bgd-martini-diamond-studs-t168257.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/my-1-59-ctw-bgd-martini-diamond-studs-t168257.html[/URL]

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi, thank you so much for checking out your stones for me! Makes me feel better!

Mom2boys, your earrings are GORGEOUS! What a lovely size! Thanks for your feedback on the martini's and toddler situation! I think I may just go for it and try the martini's.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi,

Get the jumbo friction and get the earrings insured!

I'm probably the only person in the whole world this has happened to, but my son once was climbing around on me or something (I don't remember) but his FINGERNAIL got caught under my stud and somehow managed to yank my earring out! It was the oddest thing and quite unexpected.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock

Lizzy, I don't even notice the prongs until I practically put my nose up to the mirror. The are so small they just blend into all the sparkles. You are going to love the diamonds no matter what setting you get. I get complemented on my little .41's all the time and I catch people staring at them when they are talking to me. They are so sparkly they are distracting. Lol.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Well my favorite settings are 8-prongs but if you are for sure choosing between the martinis or the 4-prongs, I vote for the 4-prong. I think I'm like DS in that I like an even number of prongs :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stargurl78|1335464207|3181548 said:
Well my favorite settings are 8-prongs but if you are for sure choosing between the martinis or the 4-prongs, I vote for the 4-prong. I think I'm like DS in that I like an even number of prongs :bigsmile:

Me too, and the added bonus is the 8 prongs make your diamonds look even bigger!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:wavey: Lizzyann! you've got 24 hours left - what are you thinking? Do you like the diamonds (they are lovely!!) and what about the settings? Lots of suggestions here... are you leaning one way or another?

1vote for the 3 prong!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Thanks everyone so much! I ordered them today in the martini setting! Very excited!!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Woo hoo!!! You will love them!! and when will they be delivered to you?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results