shape
carat
color
clarity

Miss World Called Off the Wedding

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Best Call EVER!!! :appl: :appl:
It seems rough right now but as Winnie the Pooh says ....there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ...just leave off the part about I will always be with you(lol)
BTW YOU have NOTHING to be embarrassed about he should be hanging his head in shame and embarrassment at what a low life piece of **&^ he is. His parents should be embarrassed!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
KUDOS to you!! I was reading through the deleted thread but I didn't get a chance to form my thoughts before it got deleted. I'm so glad you were able to find the courage to call off the wedding and that you are letting everyone know exactly what kind of scum he is. As for the dress...maybe you can save that for when you meet a genuine MAN to marry!!! I'm glad the tough love that other posters gave you and talking to your therapist were enough to help you get through it! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kudos to you for making a really tough decision! :appl: I hope that you feel better and better about your decision each day. Hugs....

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on doing the right thing for YOU!
good luck with the tests.
keep the ring and get as much $ as you can for it.
the dress?! send it back? sell it? donate to a charity and take a tax write off?

again, congrats. i cannot say enough to convey how glad i am that you broke it off.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm glad you called it off and started making the calls to the guests. It must be such a relief to have made a decision.

Sell the ring, and sell the dress! diamondbistro and preownedweddingdresses should do the trick.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I'd give the ring back unless he tells you he doesn't want it, then sell it. In many if not most states it's his til you get married. I also would set up an appt for STD and HIV testing right away.

I am glad you ended it and I think you will be happier in the end.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Big, big, BIG hugs for you! I know we don't even know each other, but I feel such a huge sense of relief for you. Your troubles were on my mind last night. It WILL get better from here, I promise you. There is a quote that I remember reading on Pinterest a while back:
"When you stop chasing the wrong things, you give the right things a chance to catch you." This statement stuck with me because how ever cheesy it may be, it's so completely true. You will be just fine, even though you probably don't believe that right now.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I promise you that you are doing the right thing. It may not seem like it now but you will see the bigger picture down the road and be so thankful you made the choice that you did. You will get through this and we are here for you when you need to talk!

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Sending you hugs and strength MaryGrace. You are a strong woman for taking care of yourself and respecting you. I can tell you each month after gets brighter;-) Sell your ring when you are ready..take an exotic vacation with it or treat yourself to something you wouldnt usually buy, just for you. Celebrate the wonderful person that you are.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marygrace, I know this is so hard, but you have definitely made the right decision, and I for one am extremely impressed by your courage, because obviously this was an extremely difficult thing for you to do and you did it anyway. That counts for a lot. You've taken control of your life, and that is an amazing thing. This should prove to you that you are much stronger than you know. I know it's rough right now, but stay strong and do what's best for you, because things will get better. (((hugs)))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I am so relieved to read this! Seriously, girl, you deserve much, MUCH better. And you have NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO BE EMBARRASSED! In fact, you should be proud. HE should be embarrassed. If it were me, I'd have e-mailed all my invitees the whole story and cc'd him on it. :lol:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marygrace:

First, I owe you a big apology. I am very sorry that I did not believe you. Now that I know its true, I want to say I support you totally. I can say from my own past experience that you have absolutely done the right thing. You deserve love, respect, fun, intelligent conversation, nurturing, and peace. Because of what you've done, I am sure you are on the road to finding it.

Big hugs,

-Minou

haute_couture

Rough_Rock
rubybeth|1335471010|3181674 said:
HE should be embarrassed. If it were me, I'd have e-mailed all my invitees the whole story and cc'd him on it. :lol:
:lol: :lol: THIS! It's so perfect. :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm always happy to admit when I'm wrong.

1) you're not a troll
2) you're not dumb

Congratulations on your decision. Your other moniker was fitting...because the world is your oyster now. Best of luck to you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THANK GOD! Seriously. I'm not particularly religious but I am so thankful you called off the wedding.

Next steps, you have a little work to do before you can wallow and grieve (and you should and will do this, just put it off until you've done the rest).

Move out if you live with him. Make a clean and total break. Tell him why in whatever format you want (letter, conversation, whatever) just to get it out of you on away from you. Then just put it out of your mind. Change your phone number if he starts bugging you. Change your FB status to single. And change your mindset to single. Get tested for STD's now and then again in 6 months. Full screen of anything possible.

Keep going to therapy. Be really good and pampering to yourself. Don't think about men, or kids, or weddings or anything else.

IF anyone in your life is negative, shut them out. If they are obnoxious tell them so, then shut them out. You did the right thing and do NOT let ANYONE tell you differently.

OWN your new nickname. I think Miss World suits you better. Ask the moderators to change your name to it.

It's like pulling off a band aid, hurts a lot really fast but in the end it's better.

We are here for you honey. We really are.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have made the very best decision! So glad that you value yourself enough to make this very wise choice for yourself!

There will be real love out there for you - be patient and with time you'll look back at this chapter of your life and breathe a big sigh of relief that you didn't go down this path.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the only question that now remains is: Who was the dude in the flannel shirt???? (JOKING! I keed, I keed, ILander. :wavey: )

MaryGrace--I'm so happy for you, and this thread is turning out to be such a lovefest. It's so wonderful to see it.
How are you doing? Have you told your family? I know how easy it is to worry about what *everyone else* will say/think/do, but keep telling yourself that this isn't about them. This is about you, living the best version of your life possible. And that possibility starts today. Good luck!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not comment on your other thread, but I did read the entire thing and I feel you made the right decision :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Haven, this is now turning into such a wonderful uplifting outpouring of support === as only PS can do!!

I sincerely hope that you are feeling more and more positive about your decision MG, as you read this thread. We are a very diverse crowd, but we are truly wanting what is best for you and are here to support your decision.

Agree as well with all the recommendations to just be upfront and tell every and anyone, why you called it off. You have NOTHING to hide from or be ashamed about. None of this was your doing!

As for the ring - please keep it (don't throw it away cuz someone else will find it and THEY will reap the $$$ benefits of it!) and treat yourself to something you really desire - travel? clothes? RSP contribution? designer purse? whatever you desire - treat yourself to something special. IT won't symbolize the old, it will represent the new - a new chapter. Please sell that ring and use the money for yourself!

(what is the plaid connection? is there a photo of a male relative near your computer??)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I read your other thread, but never responded because you were already getting so much advice.

But, I have to tell you how proud I am of you. I know how hard it must have been to call off the wedding, even though you KNEW it was the right thing to do. I'm so relieved for you that you did the right thing. Knowing you've done such a wonderful thing for yourself has truly made my day. So, so proud of you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for having the strength, courage and wisdom and wishing you a bright and happy future with a man who is worth your love, dedication and trust. Sending you virtual hugs and lots of PS dust to make it through these difficult days and certainly towards a better and healthier future!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I missed the other thread, but from what I see here it seems like a huge congratulations is in order!

I wanted to chime in because I called off an engagement a few years ago and I wanted to reassure you that it's fine, it's just a party, people forget, and you'll be amazed at the support you will get. It will all be absolutely fine, I promise. When you get over the shock you'll see how exciting the future is now that you have done this amazing, brave thing for yourself.

:appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME NEWS.

Read the other thread in disbelief. You've had one lucky escape marygrace. Best of luck for the rest of your (infinitely better) life.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I read through the other thread but didn't comment. Just want to echo everyone else and congratulate you on having the courage to make the best decision for you. I know it's natural to feel embarrassed, but you have absolutely no reason to feel that way. He should feel humiliated, but not you!

I know it probably feels awful right now, but I guarantee you will look back on this and feel nothing but relief that you dodged this bullet.

D

Deactivated member 42515

It was a hard decision you made, you're a very brave woman. I admire you for taking your life and changing it.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad that you found the strength and the courage to call off the wedding! I'll admit, that when the first thread went missing I didn't think that you would do it but I am SO HAPPY for you that you did! Now hold onto that strength and courage to help get you through the next few months. Please don't waiver on your decision, keep reminding yourself that you have done the right thing and that you owe it to yourself to be rid of that A hole and that you deserve a happier healthier life without him!!!

Please remember that in times of weakness that EVERYONE on this board will be here to support you through the tough times. You are not alone in this. :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GOOD . FOR . YOU!

Seriously, I applaud your strength.

Just give the ring back, or mail it.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on making a very courageous decision, MaryGrace. I hope that your family and friends offer you the support and respect you deserve, because it truly was the right thing to do.

I'm also going to suggest that you return the ring to your former fiance. 1) It may technically/legally be his, and 2) bringing an object with that much bad karma attached to it into your life in any way doesn't seem like a completely clean break with the past.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
MaryGrace, I'm so glad you called out for help, you say you needed some tough love but all credit to you for being ready to listen. I hope you just get some control back over your own life and that some good things lie ahead for you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the "give the ring back" camp, btw. I don't really want to see you on Judge Judy having to explain what an a$$ this guy is in a year and then have to pay damages for tossing his property away. Just give it back to him, don't say anything about it other than "I believe this is yours". And walk away to a better life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results