shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on this diamond, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slwbalci

Rough_Rock
I've learned a lot from discussions and opinions on this site. I'm about ready to buy a diamond for the first time (I gave up on my previous attempt due to helpful comments and concerns given by posters here). As many others, I'm looking for something "pretty good" while sticking to a strict budget. She likes princess cuts (which actually will look wonderful in the setting I chose).

Here's the diamond I found:

$2,750
.79 princess cut/GIA certified/"ideal cut"
color: H
clarity: IF

depth: 71.9
table: 65
girdle: thick
L-W: 5.08 x 4.99 x 3.59

polish: very good
symmetry: very good
fluorescence: none

Is this a good diamond for the price? From all that I've read, it seems pretty decent. Am I missing something?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
From looking for comps currently available thru PS Vendors, the price looks VERY good. I would have expected a hefty premium for the IF clarity. But the diamond you posted is priced less than VS comps currently available.

You might want to get some more info,........ crown height, and check the Prin Cut Charts to see how the Cut Class compares. The specs you posted show this to be a possible 1A/1B Cut, depending on the crown height. Very nice! I''d also suggest you check on the girdle to be sure it''s consistenty thick with no uneven thin spots, possibly in a potentially detrimental spot.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why IF ? that grade can hardly be called "good deal". If it means something special to you that is fine, of course.

I wish there were pictures and Ideal Scope to talk about, as is the numbers sound nice but do not show the diamond looks
7.gif

DoctorDan

Rough_Rock
Hey, sounds like we''re in the same boat, even looking for comprable diamonds!

I''m interested to hear what peope have to say about this, too.

slwbalci

Rough_Rock
Why isn''t IF a good deal? I also expected a higher price for this clarity. H color is fine... We looked at many rings together in the past and many were H color and she still loved them (looked white enough to the eye). But I think she doesn''t want anything below that, for those she definitely started to see ''yellow''. I wasn''t specifically looking for an IF, but this seemed like a great deal...... like I said, I''d like the best I can find for a strict budget.

Thanks for the info on the crown height and what to check for on the girdle. I will try to get pictures, but I haven''t bought this ring yet (although I''m very close).

TLS

Shiny_Rock
some people feel that "IF" is overkill because nobody but you will know it''s an IF, also you could probably buy a bigger diamond if you dropped in clarity and it would still be eye clean (unless you are getting some kind of great deal, but I don''t know the comps on this size, clarity etc.). I personally didn''t want to pay for clarity that can''t be seen with my eyes, but everybody has to make up their own mind about their priorities and everyone ranks their priorities differently.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results