shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s An Oldie!- My Rose Cut Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

currada

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I have seen a few post lately on rose cut diamonds, and I wanted to share my ring with everyone. I found it hard to capture in pictures the cut of the diamond. The facets on the diamond are all on the top and form a pyramid upwards that ends in a point. The bottom of the diamond is flat- I''m sure the experts can descibe it better than I- but wanted to post some pictures for all. Hope you like it as much as I do.... posting a few pictures but takes me some time to load them up.

Darlene

send3.jpg

currada

Rough_Rock
Sorry the pictures are so large- I tried to shrink them but I guess I need more practice.

send4.JPG

currada

Rough_Rock
another

send5.jpg

currada

Rough_Rock
last one you can kinda see how the diamond comes to a point.

send2.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty and unique. I love the setting.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, nice ring! great pics, they really show the detail well!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
what a great ring! The ring is beautiful and the cut of the diamond is soo unique and pretty!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Outstanding! I love rose cuts++ and original (vintage) settings. Thanks for shring this beauty.

cheers--Sharon

lovemybigassch

Rough_Rock
oh, I love that! I just saw this cut for the first time recently, and I feel like I need to have one!! That, and briolettes (did I spell that right?) are my new obsessions for 2005
36.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--that is a very lovely rose cut. I''ve seen a couple in person but yours is really beautiful and full of life.
30.gif
1.gif

Congrats!
36.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing this beautiful ring!!
30.gif

I love the one pic where you are holding the shank between your fingers. The stone is so clear, your fingers show right thru!
1.gif

currada

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments. I tried to get a real close up picture so you could see the cut of the diamond and the craftmanship of the ring- It also has 18 rose cut accent diamonds. Unfortunately in getting the picture so large the diamond appears cloudy and included which isn''t the case it''s as clear as a bell.

Funny when I first got the ring, I took it to a B&M jeweler recommened by a friend that did in house repairs. After looking at the ring in his crowded store- he told me the stone was fake and probably glass. A very embarassed me protested... and it could only be settled by him bringing out his diamond tester to show me that I was wrong. Luckily he was the one that was wrong and apologized for his error- and I found someone that specialized in antiques who knew what it was and was able to make the repairs needed.

I don''t blame the original jeweler- even though I was about to toss my cookies at the thought of the money I spent on this fake- I still frequent his store he has great knowledge of jewelry- just know now if your dealing with antiques its better to take it to someone who specializes in them.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
What is the carat weight, color and clarity? It looks huge on your hand. Do your wear it as your engagement ring or is it just a fun piece?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful ring. I love the shape of the stone. I don''t think I''ve ever seen a good close up of a Rose cut until now. Thanks!

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
It's very lovely - I am very partial to old cuts, but have yet to own a rose cut. One like yours would be peachy!

They really throw out the colours though, don't you agree. I know my OEC does.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous ring. I am jealous!
3.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
WOW,
What a beautiful ring and setting. I have never seen a rose cut diamond before and absolutely love it
30.gif

currada

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyones interest- I love to hear comments from those with the same
obsessions as myself.

PearCrazy- The diamond as been evaluated as H-SI.. the size would be hard for you to determine
by carat weight unless you are familiar with rose cuts- because rose cuts have all their carat weight visible to the eye so to speak. It is just over 8mm so it has the spread of a 2 carat- I think it also looks large because the stone starts mid point (where the diamond is flat) and then the facets pyramid upwards towards you as you hold the ring. Hard for me to explain...

Bagpuss- I totally agree with you about Old European Cuts- I love to look at all the modern brilliant cut diamonds that are posted in this forum and to follow their search for the perfect cut and color combination- they always turn out gorgeous... but for my myself I prefer to buy the older cuts.. the flashes of color and the look of them win me over. Although this rose cut doesn''t really throw any colors its more of a white flash.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ah, love older cuts! Thanks for showing us close-ups of your rose cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results