shape
carat
color
clarity

Help on Diamond for Dummy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorDan

Rough_Rock
What do you all think of this diamond? I''m looking for the best deal I can find on princess cut for, preferably, under $3,000 after it''s been set on a ring.

Price: $2104.70
Laboratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.70
Color: F
Clarity: VS2
Shape: Princess
Depth: 73.4
Table: 72.00
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: -
Fluorescence: N
Measurements: 5.01*4.97*3.65

My impression, based on a week''s worth of knowledge, is that this is a decent deal. Let me know if I''m way off and I''ll hit up the tutorial again! I''ve tried to integrate table/depth percentage into my new searches for good diamonds.

What do you all think of this diamond for my budget?

Is there anything other than the information listed here that is particularly crucial for me to evaluate the deal I''m getting?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont pay much attention to princess cut diamonds because I dont like the looks of them but until a princess expert comes along do you have any more info on the girdle?
It is very important because some of them have greater duribility issues from too thin a girdle.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t guess based on those numbers how brilliant this might be... but this is the sadly usual scenario
7.gif
Looks aside, this sounds like a good one (following the wisdom on "fancy shapes" under the "knowledge" menu on top of this page) - no terrible detraction, definitely no excuse colorless and clean, nothing special known about it''s cut.

If the money is ok for the color and clarity you must know already (from a search, right ?). With no diamonds to sell, I don''t know more about prices than the PS database here
2.gif

DoctorDan

Rough_Rock
Yah, valeria...this is one I found within my price range with what I thought were good specs from the PS search function.

I do not know anything about the girdle, as nothing is listed about it. Does this imply something about the diamond I should be wary of?

Any advice?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/1/2005 123:18 PM
Author: DoctorDan
I do not know anything about the girdle, as nothing is listed about it. Does this imply something about the diamond I should be wary of?
There are so many listings with some glitch here and there, that... I would just imply nothing and call the seller for detail.

Just IMO, of course.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2005 12
6.gif
5:33 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 1/1/2005 123:18 PM
Author: DoctorDan
There are so many listings with some glitch here and there, that... I would just imply nothing and call the seller for detail.

Just IMO, of course.
The specs you posted look pretty good so far.

Second Val''s comment. Contact the dealer and get the girdle info.

While you''re on the phone with them, ask for the crown height as well. Then you can compare to the Cut Charts at Gem Appraisers.com. Just click on the DIY link in the left hand tool bar, select Princess cut, enter your info, and the DIY will grade the cut for you. You''ll also have the charts available to compare specs to as well.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results