shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

tammy -- from everything i've read CP is just not an indicator for pregnancy the way it may be for ovulation. i looked and looked to try to find something that supported some sort of pattern, but as far as my research found CP won't tell you anything at this point. sorry :(

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Enbc, thanks so much for the reassurance. If you find the anti-worry pill, I think all of us would buy it!
My residue doesn't come out too well on its own either but I forced the issue with the bath. Just don't like the idea of it building up. If its not tmi, how do you remove yours? If I'm not allowed baths maybe there's another way. 
How are you feeling? I hope a little more relaxed after the u/s. Hugs. 

Tammy, I never check cp but I hope it's a good sign. Might be too soon to say for sure. Fingers crossed!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I used to insert a tampon and immediately take it out and the Crinone clumps would come out during/after that action.

Tammy, I never checked CP so can't help you out, but sounds promising!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for indulging my crazy. I think I can safely say that I'm reaching at this point. :rolleyes: My temp hasn't had it's usual nosedive day yet, wondering if/when that's going to happen this cycle. It's usually between 4 and 7 DPO. I'm definitely the other side of the statistics for that whole implantation dip theory! :devil:

ETA I realized that if we do conceive this cycle we'll have a Christmas baby, literally! My EDD would be 1/5 and they'd take me about 10 days early because I have to do another c/s. I don't know if the idea excites or terrifies me tbh! :lol:

DH said we'd have Dec, Jan, Feb and March birthdays, he'd be the "odd one out". Of course I took that opportunity to say it'd probably be another girl so he'd be outnumbered 4 to 1. HAH!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock

tammy77|1334957289|3176586 said:
ETA I realized that if we do conceive this cycle we'll have a Christmas baby, literally! My EDD would be 1/5 and they'd take me about 10 days early because I have to do another c/s. I don't know if the idea excites or terrifies me tbh! :lol:

DH said we'd have Dec, Jan, Feb and March birthdays, he'd be the "odd one out". Of course I took that opportunity to say it'd probably be another girl so he'd be outnumbered 4 to 1. HAH!

I have been totally MIA but I wanted to say my EDD would be Jan 5th too! Well that is if I go bu my ovulation day. This cycle I ovulated on CD12, which is super early for me so It would be a couple days off if I went by my last period. I hope we are cycle/pregnancy twins!!

BS- I have been thinking such good thoughts for you!! I am so glad you conceived and I give you a ton of sticky dust!!

Jen_91909- How is this cycle going for you? When will you find out how many follicles/eggs? I hope the slightly different protocol works out for you!

SarahlovesJS- I think I remember you live in VA and go to school in Charlottesville? I live a couple hours north and my husband, my dog, and I have all had Lyme disease :(( It is terrible but lucky for us we are doing so much better. I hope the transition off BC goes smoother! I watched The Business of Being Born, which is about homebirths, and it was a big shock but it did make me want to try without an epidural. Who knows when it comes down to it.

Haven- I missed your whole TTC time! Congrats on your little baby! I am sure you are thinking about what books you will read with the little one.

AFM, I am on my second cycle on Metformin. There was nothing in my bloodwork or ultrasound to indicate PCOS but he said that he has seen it regulate cycles of people without PCOS so he put me on it to start. It really has seemed to make my cycles shorter and more regular so I am thrilled about that. I think I probably have a really borderline case of PCOS though, because I am reacting so well to the met. It does upset my stomach some but I am dealing with it pretty well, especially because I ovulated on CD 12 this cycle!! I have been anywhere from CD17-CD30 something.

I have been super positive this cycle, which is not like me at all! I have realized I can actually be pretty down/negative in a lot of things and TTC this long has made it worse so I am really trying to change my outlook. It is kind of nice to be excited during the tww instead of anxious/sad. Who knows how long that will last though!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Jgator, thanks! That's really helpful info. 

Tammy, hoping this is your cycle though I know what you mean about the idea of a holiday baby.  Don't worry about the crazies. I've had a mad case of them lately. Hope they're not contagious. 

Indecisive, welcome back & thanks for the positive thoughts. I'm glad the Metformin is working so well for you. I've heard lots of stories of Metformin alone leading to a bfp. Hope you have good news to share soon!

Afm, nothing new to report. Hopefully I've calmed down from my freak out a bit. Thanks again for all of the support!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

Hi Ladies! Jsut popping in to send some sticky dust to Bright!

BFP's tend to come in waves so hopefully we'll have lots of company soon!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Girls,

It's Saturday night, tomorrow I'll be 8dpo and the tests are whispering to me already. UGH. Please remind me why it's stupid to test anytime before 12DPO! I know, I know. Just look back at the BFN's on my six previous charts. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, hope everyone's doing well. Hugs!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, missrach! Hope you're well & baking away!

Tammy, stay strong-you can do it! So hoping this is your month!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend! I've been lazy & trying to catch up on sleep from last week. This week will be another long one.
Also trying not to worry as much as possible. :rolleyes:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Indecisive - Hi there!! Yep, I went to UVA..I graduated in 2009. I am back in the Richmond area now. The Doctor thinks I may have gotten Lyme in Cville. I am so sorry you've all experienced Lyme. It is not fun...I am so glad you're doing well though. VA is full of Lyme, and our doctors are finally figuring that out, thank God. I had to go all the way to Maryland to get a good Lyme doctor. It was a frustrating, long trip.

Bright - Glad you're not worrying, I think that is really important. I am keeping you in my thoughts though!! :)

Tammy - I am feeling you. I gave in and tested for like the last 3 days..BFN, BFN, BFN. I am just now 11dpo. Silly Sarah. :rolleyes: Let's commit to waiting until it'll be starting to give us real results!

AFM my BC symptoms subsided last week after O, but now I am having either phantom or early pregnancy symptoms. First, TMI alert! Ok..my boobs are heavy and painful. I feel like they won't fit in my bra. I am swollen, I can't even get my engagement ring on if I am wearing my wedding band. I am having lower-abdomen cramping and I feel just swollen and big. I don't even count fatigue because I always have fatigue. My lower back is killing me more than normal, I can hardly walk sometimes..that could be lyme and unrelated though. I have a ton of CM and it won't stop..this does not usually happen to me. It's like my underwear are wet all the time. Finally, my stomach is upset..Blegh. Like my normal PMS symptoms, but on crack and early (don't usually get swelling or crazy CM). Hopefully it's a good sign and not just phantom crazy hormones and/or remnants of coming off BC!

How is everyone else on this Sunday? :wavey:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Sarah I responded to you in the other thread but I'm hoping your other symptoms are good signs. It seems everyone has different experiences coming off bc and during early pregnancy. Hang in there!

Bright, still sending you good thoughts and prayers. Hope you are holding up okay.

Tammy keep holding out a little longer if you can. Sending you loads of dust!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1335142367|3178091 said:
Sarah I responded to you in the other thread but I'm hoping your other symptoms are good signs. It seems everyone has different experiences coming off bc and during early pregnancy. Hang in there!

Bright, still sending you good thoughts and prayers. Hope you are holding up okay.

Tammy keep holding out a little longer if you can. Sending you loads of dust!

Thanks Monkey!! I am learning patience (I suck at that) and trying to not stress and stay relaxed. It'll happen soon hopefully, but stressing and worrying and wondering won't help.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock

Bright -- hope things are going well for you! basically to remove the residue i use a very clean index finger (nail trimmed short!!) and carefully get as much of it as i can reach. its pretty much just like checking cp (and likewise may be easier y putting a leg up on the side of the tub), but with ickier results. i can see where a bath might not be so great -- you don't want water going in (esp warm water from the tap which is more likely to carry stuff b/c it sits around in the heater). the doctor said doing this is fine. when i was doing crinone every day i tried to clean things up every other day or so. altogether its really quite a revolting experience but that's how i've been trying to cope. i'm hopeful that my OB will get anything else that's left in there when i see her for my annual on tues. the fertility doc didn't even look (he didn't use a speculum before my scans, just the wand). i hope this is helpful and doesn't gross everyone out too much.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Enbc, thanks-I really appreciate your candor. This is such an annoying (& gross) problem & it's really helpful to hear solutions that worked. That residue makes me feel so icky! I felt so much better after my bath (until I started freaking out) so its good to know of other ways to fix this. 
How are you doing? I hope your annual exam goes well. Have you officially been released to your ob? Yay!

Mp, thanks, lady! I'm trying to put this from my mind as much as possible. I'm broken out (still) & tired but that might be my crazy schedule talking. Not much else in terms of symptoms. I'm still feeling extremely cautious & am not thinking of myself as pregnant yet, except to make the necessary diet modifications (& worry of course!) I hope you're doing well &, though I'll miss hanging out with you in jbp, I'm happy you're able to make the jump to the big thread. Hugs to you. 

Sarah, very hopeful those are early pregnancy symptoms rearing their heads.  When will you test?

Tammy, so hoping this is your month, lady

Hi to everyone else!

Afm, just made an appointment for my first ob scan. The soonest my re's office could do it is next Thursday, 5/3. So I just have to wait & try to put it out of my mind as much as possible. I did poas last night at 17dpo & it was much darker than my last test 4 days ago. Trying not to obsess. It will be a busy week & next weekend is our anniversary & dh's birthday so it should be easy to distract myself. 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I totally understand where you are coming from. I had the hardest time acknowledging I was pregnant until after our ultrasound at 9 weeks because I was just so convinced the other shoe was going to drop at any moment. To a certain extent, I still have that feeling at 15 weeks, and I can only imagine that it would be worse after experiencing both infertility and an early miscarriage, as you have. As hard as it will be to wait, I think it is probably good that you are waiting until next week to have your ultrasound because you will have more definitive results at that point and God-willing be able to see the heartbeat! Dust, dust, dust!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mp, yeah I haven't really let myself get excited yet-still trying to protect myself. I can understand why you felt that way after the infertility struggles plus the stupid lab error. (which still makes me mad!)
 I just now looked up my edd (Christmas day if I calculate from
my lmp/December 27 calculated from o date) so I could figure out where I'll be for next week's u/s. I should be just 6w (6w, 1d?) then so I'm hoping I will get a definitive answer then without having a warning then having to wait on pins & needles for a week. Perhaps it's a few days too early to see a hb though? (assuming there is one)
Thanks for the dust & support on this crazy journey. 

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Tammy- sort of a late reply here, but better late than never, right? Personally, I think just about anything is fair game during the TWW. My little guy flew cross-country, went ziplining, drank (it was my wedding cruise!), went on rides at Disney World (this was after my BFP, right around 14dpo), etc. The baby doesn't even share a blood supply until closer to 5-6 weeks. Honestly, I say bleach your teeth...because if you don't now, you'll could potentially have to wait a long time.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Girls,

AMC, I'm sure that you're right. I have about 3 more days before I can be pretty sure one way or the other. I guess I should get a move on if I'm going to do it. That said, I don't feel confident at all about this month. It stinks! I broke down and tested early yesterday like a fool, which of course it was BFN because it's the earliest possible date to get a BFP and something like 80% or more are false results. Still, the nagging dread has set in and just refuses to go away. :|

So far I've resisted testing today. I'm home alone tonight though, so I'll have to lock up all of the tests and force myself to drink copious amounts of water to make testing impossible. All bets are off tomorrow though, not even going to lie.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thinking positive thoughts for all of you! :)) Bright, can't wait for your US! I think it's reasonable to hope for a hb at 6w1d!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Tammy, you're 11dpo today, right? Crossing my fingers that you have great news for us tomorrow!

I guess I have (almost) a 2ww myself now. :sick:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Bright and Tammy I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Especially Tammy, hoping for a BFP tomorrow! :appl:

Afm symptoms are still here. Boobs, super smell, swelling, back pain, cramps, tons of cm (gross, I know), etc. been nauseous a lot today too and feel generally horrible. But tests are showing BFN..so I guess it's phantom symptoms. And of course it gets even more complicated since I've now had two positive ovulation days this month. Tests showed positive about two weeks ago (April 11 I believe) and then I got a positive again yesterday. I know this is just my first month but I am so frustrated with my body right now. Blegh. I think I'll stop testing constantly, the BFNs are getting me down. I know, I know, I need to have patience! Just was hoping because of all the stupid symptoms. Today I am 12dpo and still bfn, so...I'll keep waiting I guess.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1335212582|3178689 said:
Tammy, you're 11dpo today, right? Crossing my fingers that you have great news for us tomorrow!

I guess I have (almost) a 2ww myself now. :sick:

I um, am only 9 DPO today. :oops: You know I'm awful about testing early! :lol: I'm curious about tomorrow's temp, today it was LOOOOW, I don't like it. Urgh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

SarahLovesJS|1335215787|3178741 said:
And of course it gets even more complicated since I've now had two positive ovulation days this month. Tests showed positive about two weeks ago (April 11 I believe) and then I got a positive again yesterday.

That's why you're not supposed to use OPKs after your initial positive. I would use them until my surge faded (I would get anywhere from 2-5 days of positives in a row), but that was it. Your LH can flucuate throughout your luteal phase...It's totally normal. So stop using the OPKs, you'll drive yourself crazy!

Do you chart, or just use OPKs? The other possibility is that you didn't ovulate when you thought you did on the 11th. OPKs only show LH surges, they don't confirm ovulation. You can surge and not ovulate.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

Hey everyone!
Tammy, wishing you luck this cycle... Are you going to hold out for 12dpo?

Sarah, I know how you feel... Some if my strongest symptoms were the first month we tried. I wondered after if I was just more tuned into my body or what... But either way your symptoms did sound promising. I don't think you're totally out at 12dpo.

Bright, I can't wait for you to have your ultrasound next week. Every milestone can bring some peace of mind. It's amazing how much of the ttc process is just spent waiting and waiting and thinking and analyzing.

Hi to those I missed and thanks to those who asked about me. :wavey:

Afm, AF finally showed her face a week late last week so I'm getting going on my next ivf cycle. First is the pill until may 3rd. Starting this Sunday I will be overlapping lupron injections with the pill for about 5 days then will be strictly on lupron for maybe another week...they haven't told me specifically yet. The lupron is new for me this cycle. Then I will add in the stimulating injections. Egg retrieval will probably be around the third week in may. Glad to be getting going again and I hope this cycle is a good one. I really don't want to have to go through it again after this.

Lizzy if you're out there, did you use lupron on your protocol? If so, how did you feel on it? I've heard some scary stories about side effects.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock

BrightSpot|1335192435|3178416 said:
Mp, yeah I haven't really let myself get excited yet-still trying to protect myself. I can understand why you felt that way after the infertility struggles plus the stupid lab error. (which still makes me mad!)
 I just now looked up my edd (Christmas day if I calculate from
my lmp/December 27 calculated from o date) so I could figure out where I'll be for next week's u/s. I should be just 6w (6w, 1d?) then so I'm hoping I will get a definitive answer then without having a warning then having to wait on pins & needles for a week. Perhaps it's a few days too early to see a hb though? (assuming there is one)
Thanks for the dust & support on this crazy journey. 

Hey Bright - some early US stats from my history - my first us on 2/8 showed just the sac and a teeeny dot of a bean (yolk sac), and when we went back the following week, the HB was there and the bean was measurable as 6w1d (I had no idea how far along I was since my LMP was something like 60 days prior to that first scan). So here's hoping you get to see that fabulous flutter! I don't know how late to see the HB is considered 'within acceptable guidelines' that would be interesting to know. My BFP's were SUPER dark at the tail end of week 4 when I first tested (if I was 5w1d at that first US) and beta was over 8000 (but you're done with betas, right?) I'd go ahead and POAS if you want, and if those lines continue to get dark, and even 'steal' color from the control like mine did I would certainly not worry. MS nausea also kicked in for me at about 5w4d, so you may get that feeling even before your appointment.
Have fun with your anniversary and DH's birthday!! definitely plenty of good things to distract you from counting down the days.

Sarah - CM was definitely noticeable for me, I wasn't TWW'ing as I was convinced I was about to need to start clomid when I was actually PG, but I for sure noticed creamy, loition-y CM.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Ok, getting a bit less complicated, lol. And I won't even whine about the symptoms..I'll just say insert whine here.

AMC - I kind of stopped charting, I am lazy. So I was just using OPK every day and looking at CM. I am thinking either my first OPK positive was not actually positive or as you and others said it was just a LH surge without ovulation. I tested one more time today and got a DEFINITE positive and a smiley face on my digi (did not get that before on April 11..I just went by the cheapy test). SO...I think I may actually be ovulating NOW as opposed to two weeks ago. :naughty: So..I am banning myself from pregnancy tests until when my period would be due (May 4). And I am also taking your advice..no more OPKs this month!!!

Jen - I am glad I am not alone with crazy first month symptoms! Looks like I may not actually be 12dpo...and may actually be at ovulation. I am a failure at this testing thing. Wishing you tons of luck on this next cycle!!

Missrachel - Thank you! I'll keep an eye out again..

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Hi ladies, it's been so busy for me at work lately I haven't had any time to post a reply, although I have been quickly checking up on you all.

Tammy, I so hope this is your month. We are almost TWW buddies this month. Don't worry about testing too early, I started at 8DPO. If I get a BFP this month (which is unlikely) my EDD would be Jan 5.

Bright, continuing to keep my fingers crossed for your sticky little bean.

Sarah, I had no problems coming off BCP, so I can't comment there, but these last two months have had so many phantom pregnancy symptoms I have now given up symptom spotting. I do however hope they are preg symptoms for you.

Mia, you must be just about finished our last pre-TTC cycle. Yay!

AFM, 11DPO here and all BFN. I am not too hopeful this month as my temp has not really rised over 36.50 and have virtually no pains etc. I am so over this process already.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, thanks, dear! 11dpo is still very early. Hoping you have good news for us in the next day or 2. This process is definitely an emotional roller coaster though. Hugs to you. 

Sarah, the symptoms totally make sense if your body was gearing up to o the first one but didn't quite make it but is trying again now. If you temp you can get a better sense if you did o or not since opks just predict the lh surge but don't confirm o. Good luck!

Miss rach, thanks for checking in. Wow, I have a serious case of beta envy! I'm finished with mine but they were dramatically lower than yours 
(36.1 beta at 12dpo, 82 beta at 14 DPO) My last test on Sunday at 17dpo was darker but not super dark (test line almost as dark as the control line but not quite) No nausea yet for me. So you got off to a much stronger start than I but I hope things improve enough to make this a viable pregnancy. 

Jen, yep, waiting, worrying & analyzing is pretty much the name of the game!
I'm glad your ready to go for cycle #2. I hope you tolerate the Lupron well & that you get lots of eggs that fertilize & make it to a healthy day 5! Also hoping this is the last time you have to go through this. 

Tammy, sorry-don't know what I was thinking. Ok, so you're 10dpo today. Only 2 more days! Cheering you on like crazy!

Hi to everyone else!

Afm, not much to report here. I've been working much longer hours than usual & am really feeling it. I suppose most of the minimal symptoms I'm having could be attributed to work conditions (fatigue, some dizziness plus breakout that is likely hormonal). No m/s yet. I can't believe it's still a week & 1/2 until my u/s. Sigh. 

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I just wanted to come by and tell you that your betas are very similar to what mine were like back in August. Alex is now 10 days old. :love: I'm sending you tons of sticky dust, and hope your ultrasound goes extremely well. I know the waiting sucks big time, but you're doing a great job by trying to keep yourself busy!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, just wanted to ditto S&I. If I remember correctly, Missy also had betas in the same range, so I don't think yours are anything to worry about. I kept testing until 21dpo, and my test line only got close to equal with the control line, never darker. I think Rachel's betas were just on the higher end of the range. But it just goes to show how variant they are and how they do not necessarily predict pregnancy outcomes. Hoping the next week flies by for you! It's such a stressful time, but I do think it is good you've got work to distract you.

Sarah, overanalyzing symptoms is a right of passage. What helped me was to realize that most people do not really start to get pregnancy symptoms until after they get a positive test. Hopefully you will get some clarity soon!

MLK, hang in there. I would think if you test again in a couple days, you should have pretty definitive results. It's so frustrating when it doesn't happen immediately, but I'm thinking of you and sending dust your way!

Jen, so hoping your new protocol works and gets you the results your hoping for!

Tammy, just a couple more days! Sending lots of dust your way!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, I did have low betas! I believe I got 49 at what I was calculating as 14 dpo and 129 at 16 dpo. I never really got the "common" pregnancy symptoms either, so I'm wondering if that had anything to do with lower betas? Not really sure how that works.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results