shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond district NY city

dbug

Rough_Rock
Going to NY

Recommendations about any store would be great.
So far I have heard about
Anter Jewelry
David S Diamonds
Sea Wave Diamonds

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ID Jewelry is the one preferred by most members of Pricescope.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is about an hour away but I'd definitely go to Good Old Gold.
They have superbly cut diamonds and lots of tools to help evaluate diamonds, good policies, service and prices.

www.goodoldgold.com

5278 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(516) 798-5151

Here on Pricescope we hear so many horror stories of people getting ripped off by the sharks swarming the waters of NY's diamond district.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1334685171|3173362 said:

www.goodoldgold.com

5278 Sunrise Highway
(516) 798-5151

We hear so many horror stories of people getting ripped off by the sharks swarming NY's diamond district's waters.

I was going to say this as well. While your compiling your list of vendors to visit, I would be very sure to study up on the importance of the diamonds cut. I'd have the HCA available on your phone so that you can reject stones, there is also a 'cheat sheet' floating around that can be helpful. My point is, know more than just what color and clarity are, the cut is going to be the most important characteristic of your diamond and the more you know about it the better you will feel about your purchase.

Also be prepared for some very pushy sales people, they will do everything from tell you if you don't buy this stone now, that someone else is coming back later to buy it. That the sale price is only good until the end of the day. That if you don't buy this stone the owner (whoever) is considering it for their personal collection because it is just so beautiful....blah blah blah. A good vendor will encourage you to educate yourself and will want you to be happy and comfortable with your purchase.

I think the two vendors mentioned already are a great start GOG and IDJ. Actually if you haven't already done so, GOG has some amazing educational videos on their website.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Another vote for ID Jewelry! I'd also recommend making an appointment with Diamonds by Lauren, another highly recommended PS vendor. I've worked with ID with great results, and though I haven't had the chance to buy from David at DBL yet, their customer service is fantastic, and their current designs and workmanship are outta sight. Soon enough!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm another for IDJ, GOG and DBL ... and please please PLEASE... bring your camera - fresh card, full batteries, and click away!!! Take shots of EVERYTHING!!! I am no where near being able to hopping on a plane to NYC in the immediate future, but would love to lust over any photos you can post!!!

Have a great time in NYC (I'm seething with jealousy on your diamond district field trip :Up_to_something: ;)) :bigsmile: )

naveride

Rough_Rock
I don't know which store is best. My reccomendation is to go back and forth between more than one store. That's the advantage of being in New York City. I've had every cliches sales techinique you've heard of used on me. I would say find a few you like at at least two different stores and go back and forth saying "Seller A told me he could get it for this. What can you do seller B?" After going back and forth 6-7 times I finally got what I think was a decent price. I didn't get the last $50 until I was at the register preparing to hand over the cash. Anyway, you probably can get a slightly better deal with a diamond you see yourself in New York, but after buying in person and online, I am buying online from now. The convenience and ease is so much better that it's worth it to me. But, to each their own.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1334685171|3173362 said:
They have superbly cut diamonds and lots of tools to help evaluate diamonds, good policies, service and prices.

www.goodoldgold.com

5278 Sunrise Highway
(516) 798-5151

Here on Pricescope we hear so many horror stories of people getting ripped off by the sharks swarming the waters of NY's diamond district.
yup, GOG :!: .. :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results