shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me replace the "plastic" in my mom's old ring

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Please help me replace the "plastic" in my mom's old rin

Thanks LD and Chrono - I bow to your better judgement and experience in this case - rather a pity though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks for your input everyone, sorry for the delay in response as I've been away for a couple of days for the most part.

No, I wouldn't recut the sapphire. To spend the money on that stone...as LD said, it would not meet my PS educated standards. :lol: I actually kind of like that it's black. I'll tell my kid that this is what Grandma got...and with mommy's knowledge passed down, she'd better do better if she wants a sapphire! :rodent:

I think these will just be rings to give to Amelia if she wants some "real" jewelry to play with. At some point, she'll probably pawn everything anyway. ;(

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TG,
My mother also has some of the crappiest diamonds and coloured gemstones. I might not wear them but at the same time, cannot bear to part with them due to sentimentality. I know exactly how you feel because everytime I look at them, I remember seeing her wear them out to dinner or some other function and it brings back those emotional feelings/attachment.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1334321065|3170048 said:
TG,
My mother also has some of the crappiest diamonds and coloured gemstones. I might not wear them but at the same time, cannot bear to part with them due to sentimentality. I know exactly how you feel because everytime I look at them, I remember seeing her wear them out to dinner or some other function and it brings back those emotional feelings/attachment.

Chrono, I agree. I'm happy to keep these as is and think of her. Someday, when she's no longer with me, I imagine I'll put them all on at once and just miss her.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

So can we see the pad you mentioned :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

innerkitten|1334586764|3172289 said:
So can we see the pad you mentioned :)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ps-gift-finally-my-amelia-ring-pad-by-richard-wise-setting-by-leon-mege.127094/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-ps-gift-finally-my-amelia-ring-pad-by-richard-wise-setting-by-leon-mege.127094/[/URL]

And I just realized that Coda asked me a question which I never saw. Oops. :oops:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Wow! The finished product is pretty amazing and unique since you don't see many pads around. Or I don't at least. I know only one person that owns one and it's more of a pastel pad. When I'm speaking to her I have to keep myself from looking at her ring :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

innerkitten|1334604750|3172561 said:
Wow! The finished product is pretty amazing and unique since you don't see many pads around. Or I don't at least. I know only one person that owns one and it's more of a pastel pad. When I'm speaking to her I have to keep myself from looking at her ring :)

Thanks! I do love the ring...it's perfect in representing my daughter, whose favorite color is pink. :knockout: ::)

It was enough for me as far as colored stones go. Never bothered to buy another, and I'm happily back in the diamond camp now. I've seen plenty of gorgeous stones from PSers in person, but I've just been happy with this delicate ring. ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results