carat
color
clarity

.93 J SI1 AVR. Pic Overload

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date
D

Deactivated member 42515

So, I'm in the market for a 1.6-1.7ct AVR. Before taking the leap in June or July and buying my diamond, I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS, I NOW know why

The AVR is a chameleon. Different lighting equals a different diamond. You will never ever get bored with this one. In certain lighting, its blue and in some its pink. Being a J, in some lighting it does have a creamy look but most of the time, it faces up white and so so so bright!

So, while I have this little fire ball in my hands, I thought I would take some pics. I feel that there's a limited amount of pics of AVR's on here so I hope to add more and show people how amazing this diamond really is.

I'm sending it back on Tuesday because someone is in line to buy the diamond. Hope its a PSer!!

Specs:

Carat Weight: 0.93ct
Color: J
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Width: 6.23mm
Length: 6.24mm
Depth: 3.95mm
Table Percentage: 52.13%
Depth Percentage: 63.52%
Crown ∠: 35.02°
Crown Depth: 16.75%
Pavilion ∠: 41.20°
Pavilion Depth: 43.86%

The link
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9167/

AVR1.JPG

IMG_1359.JPG

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

YUM

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sitting pretty with my Tacori band

IMG_1367.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

Outside

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1372.JPG

IMG_1373.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

With Mr. Bear

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

With some fake flowers :wavey:

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

D

Deactivated member 42515

Maybe this is too much... should I stop? :halo: :halo: :halo:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOO!!!!

AMAZING! That is a blingtastic stone. But it's not yours? it belongs to someone else? how could you get to take it home then? (but we are glad you did to take those shots for us!!!)

Beautiful!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Enerchi|1334448576|3171205 said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!

AMAZING! That is a blingtastic stone. But it's not yours? it belongs to someone else? how could you get to take it home then? (but we are glad you did to take those shots for us!!!)

Beautiful!

What happened was that I am looking for a J SI1 stone and I just saw this on Thursday night and put it on hold. I called GOG Friday morning to pay the wire transfer and told them I am just ordering the stone to look at and send back. I had already emailed Jon about this and he told me it was a great idea. But I guess, this stone is very popular and Marie and Linda at GOG told me that this stone was already getting a lot of calls. So I told them no worries, I'm not keeping it, and they told me to just take a look and send it back to Tuesday because I guess the person who wants to actually buy the stone needs to order a setting also. I hope this makes sense. No one had actually bought the stone yet, I believe it came back into the inventory when bastetcat returned it and thats when I saw it Thursday night.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Sorry about the chipped nail polish

IMG_1391.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

IMG_1394.JPG

IMG_1397.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! Beautiful :love:
I want!! :cheeky:

YayTacori, are you able to clearly see the flower pattern from, say an arm's length (like if you're typing or have your hand on the sofa or table)? Or do you need to hold it really close (like 6 inches from your face) to see it?

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so, well, it is none of my biz, but you wanted a J SI 1 stone but not this size??? :confused:

I'm confused, but thanks for the beautiful pic's...luv these AVRs...saw Jon posted the other day that he has more arriving very soon...awesome.

So did you decide that you still want a J SI 1 after looking at this one? Just wondering. He must have another one coming in soon...just guessing...LOL! :idea:

Ok, sorry, just reread your original post...guess i missed your first sentence, duh! Good for you. so are you convinced this is what you want now?

D

Deactivated member 42515

hoover|1334464361|3171371 said:

YayTacori, are you able to clearly see the flower pattern from, say an arm's length (like if you're typing or have your hand on the sofa or table)? Or do you need to hold it really close (like 6 inches from your face) to see it?

Hey there Hoover, I tried it on it and am in the midst of typing with it on my finger and I can see the facets and the flower pattern. It definitely looks different than a RB even from far away. Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask :)

D

Deactivated member 42515

ariel144|1334467067|3171387 said:
Ok, so, well, it is none of my biz, but you wanted a J SI 1 stone but not this size??? :confused:

I'm confused, but thanks for the beautiful pic's...luv these AVRs...saw Jon posted the other day that he has more arriving very soon...awesome.

So did you decide that you still want a J SI 1 after looking at this one? Just wondering. He must have another one coming in soon...just guessing...LOL! :idea:

Ok, sorry, just reread your original post...guess i missed your first sentence, duh! Good for you. so are you convinced this is what you want now?

I'm sorry Ariel144, let me clarify. In February, I contacted Jon about how I wanted an AVR in June or July. I told him what I think I want from seeing videos and pictures. Which is a 1.6-1.7ct J SI1. He told me that since he doesn't have exactly what I want in his inventory, as the time gets closer, he told me to contact him 3 months prior so he can actively search for a rough with my specifics.

TIme is getting near and before I ask him to take the time and effort to look for a rough, I wanted to make sure that a J color and SI1 clarity would be good for me since non of my local B&Ms carried this combo, I had never seen it before. So the reason for ordering this diamond and sending it back was to make sure that I was comfortable with a J color and SI1 clarity before I asked GOG to go through the trouble. :wink2:

ETA: oops, sorry. Didn't see that you had edited your past post. Yes, I really love the AVR. And I know SI1 are pretty much different for each diamond as eye clean goes, but I can't see a single thing :) and I love the J color. It really faces up white and maybe in two kinds of lighting did it look a little creamy. I really hope that Jon has my diamond in for cutting! That would be awesome possum!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a beautiful stone! It makes me really want one!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1334449166|3171211 said:
Enerchi|1334448576|3171205 said:
NOOOOOOO!!!!

Beautiful!

What happened was that I am looking for a J SI1 stone and I just saw this on Thursday night and put it on hold. I called GOG Friday morning to pay the wire transfer and told them I am just ordering the stone to look at and send back. I had already emailed Jon about this and he told me it was a great idea. But I guess, this stone is very popular and Marie and Linda at GOG told me that this stone was already getting a lot of calls. So I told them no worries, I'm not keeping it, and they told me to just take a look and send it back to Tuesday because I guess the person who wants to actually buy the stone needs to order a setting also. I hope this makes sense. No one had actually bought the stone yet, I believe it came back into the inventory when bastetcat returned it and thats when I saw it Thursday night.

Ah HA! MAkes total sense- see one to be sure it's for you.... wise, very wise!!

And glad that you found out it IS the one for you! Its a beautiful stone - I'm sure the new owner will be thrilled with it. Thanks for doing that research and posting for the rest of us to view it. :))

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely beautiful! Must have been incredibly difficult to part with it! ;(

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow the AVR is lovely!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Tuckins1, I part with it on Tuesday and I am dreading the day. I got it Saturday and I woke up this Sunday morning longing for it. And the first thing I had to do when I woke up was have it in my hand as stare at it. Haha is that weird? ;P

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
wow what a beautiful diamond ! it is the perfect size/color/clarity for me ! I hope I can find one like it in July .

hoover

Shiny_Rock
YayTacori|1334471731|3171410 said:
hoover|1334464361|3171371 said:

Hey there Hoover, I tried it on it and am in the midst of typing with it on my finger and I can see the facets and the flower pattern. It definitely looks different than a RB even from far away. Hope this answers your questions. Feel free to ask :)

Cool. Thanks for letting me know!
:D

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's gorgeous!!!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!!!This AVR is gorgeous!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Its funny because when I see the photos on their website, I never seem to get excited about them. I seem to only see the circles of circles around the table....if that makes any sense. :loopy: But everytime someone posts one here, I think how beautiful they look. I bet it's absolutely gorgeous in a 1.5 :love:

steelmagnolia

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting! I'm not too into the AVCs (I know, I know) but the AVRs make my heart sing like nothing else but the actual oldies!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It really is a very pretty stone. it was such a close call for me! My favorite look for it was in the kitchen, with the recessed lighting going and daylight near the window. It was also pretty amazing in low light situations. Had some really pretty sparkles. An AVR is definitely on my list of "wow, would love to have one one day" (but after we finish paying for the wedding...uggh.)

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
YayTacori|1334472101|3171414 said:

I'm sorry Ariel144, let me clarify. In February, I contacted Jon about how I wanted an AVR in June or July. I told him what I think I want from seeing videos and pictures. Which is a 1.6-1.7ct J SI1. He told me that since he doesn't have exactly what I want in his inventory, as the time gets closer, he told me to contact him 3 months prior so he can actively search for a rough with my specifics.

TIme is getting near and before I ask him to take the time and effort to look for a rough, I wanted to make sure that a J color and SI1 clarity would be good for me since non of my local B&Ms carried this combo, I had never seen it before. So the reason for ordering this diamond and sending it back was to make sure that I was comfortable with a J color and SI1 clarity before I asked GOG to go through the trouble. :wink2:

ETA: oops, sorry. Didn't see that you had edited your past post. Yes, I really love the AVR. And I know SI1 are pretty much different for each diamond as eye clean goes, but I can't see a single thing :) and I love the J color. It really faces up white and maybe in two kinds of lighting did it look a little creamy. I really hope that Jon has my diamond in for cutting! That would be awesome possum!

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. That was very wise of you to try it out before you sent GOG on the hunt for rough. Maybe I will do the same when I'm ready. I just love these OEC's You could have ordered the AVC 5c J SI1...LOL! Just kidding! Obviously not the same facet pattern.

Interesting I thought for months I wanted an antique cushion brilliant cut diamond and was searching those just to come to grips with the fact that I really want an OEC. I never cared for "round" diamonds" but I realize now that I just didn't like the facet pattern of a modern RB diamond. And when I compared the AVC's to the AVR's...it was love at first sight for the AVR.

J colored diamonds are the best deal in diamonds with that touch of warmth but facing up white. Perfect combo for an antique cut IMO. And as long is a diamond is eye clean, it's good for me. Here's my favorite post on a J colored diamond....love the statement where she compares her 5c J to her E colored stone.

5c chunky cushion J VS2 Leon mege halo

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/[/URL]

Ok, so now which Tacori setting will you choose?

D

Deactivated member 42515

ariel144|1334589455|3172319 said:
YayTacori|1334472101|3171414 said:

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. That was very wise of you to try it out before you sent GOG on the hunt for rough. Maybe I will do the same when I'm ready. I just love these OEC's You could have ordered the AVC 5c J SI1...LOL! Just kidding! Obviously not the same facet pattern.

Interesting I thought for months I wanted an antique cushion brilliant cut diamond and was searching those just to come to grips with the fact that I really want an OEC. I never cared for "round" diamonds" but I realize now that I just didn't like the facet pattern of a modern RB diamond. And when I compared the AVC's to the AVR's...it was love at first sight for the AVR.

J colored diamonds are the best deal in diamonds with that touch of warmth but facing up white. Perfect combo for an antique cut IMO. And as long is a diamond is eye clean, it's good for me. Here's my favorite post on a J colored diamond....love the statement where she compares her 5c J to her E colored stone.

5c chunky cushion J VS2 Leon mege halo

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-antique-cushion.140739/[/URL]

Ok, so now which Tacori setting will you choose?

I actually bought my setting two years ago. (I know, I did everything backwards.) It's the 2531.

HT2531RD12X_multi.zoom.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results