shape
carat
color
clarity

Official Intro + Pics of My 2.4 ct RB + Need Opinions :)

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been lurking on Pricescope for years now, and I just wanted to say an official "hello" after recently signing up for my own account. I am truly **obsessed** with this site and have learned so much from all of you! I have been married for 6 years now, and I am in the process of selecting a reset for my 2.4 ct RB center stone. The setting was made for a much smaller center, and it's really time to find my stone a new home.

I would love to have a halo made by Victor Canera, Maytal or Steven Kirsch. They all do such amazing work, and I can hardly contain my excitement when I think of wearing one of their pieces! My only concern (besides draining my bank account :lol: ) is that my stone is an EGL-USA H color, and I know that the melee on these rings will bring out the tint in my center stone.

I recently upgraded from a 2.01 ct H that had faint fluorescence, and that stone definitely appeared whiter overall. My new stone is really gorgeous though - I love how I can see the arrows so clearly, it scores 1.9 on HCA, and it looks very white most of the time. She definitely shows her tint under my office lights and in the car. I'm hesitant to upgrade yet again, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it to get a stone with fluorescence again before I move forward with the reset. I am really looking forward to the day when I have my forever ring that I never need to mess with again!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, onto the main attraction. Here are the stats on my ring, along with some pics!

Measurements: 8.80 - 8.71 x 5.10mm
Color: H
Cut Grade: EGL very good
Clarity: SI2 (there is one cloud near the surface that is only visible in direct sunlight)
Depth: 58.3%
Table: 61%
Crown: 32.5
Pavilion: 40.5
Culet: small
Polish: excellent
Symmetry: very good
Fluorescence: none

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Re: Official Intro + Pics of My 2.4 ct RB + Need Opinions :

...and a few more!

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

HCA.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Welcome! Your ring is really gorgeous! Only you can determine if the color bothers you, but I think blue fluorescence is a real bonus especially in stones that are I color and lower (and yours would probably be I-J if graded by GIA). Yssie explained a little about the cut on the other thread, and again, you will have to decide if you can live with a stone that is not ideal cut before you spend thousands on a new custom setting. If it were me, I probably would ask the jeweler to look for a GIA Excellent cut stone, I color, with fluorescence, even if it was a little smaller. I'd be worried about chipping, and you can see from the HCA chart that the stone does not fall into AGS Ideal or GIA Excellent territory.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring does indeed look very pretty but like DS, I'd want to know this was my forever stone before spending that kind of money on a new setting. You could have your stone independently appraised in terms of color and clarity so that you'd know for sure what you were dealing with. Going a bit smaller would be fine too - a 2.4 haloed ring will be very large!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I can completely relate to wanting your forever ring! Although, on pricescope you may find that what you want changes day to day! :love: Your set is very pretty, and gives you some honkin finger coverage!! :lickout: Congrats!

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock

that is unbelievable. i'm picky, and i have to say that is unbelievable. great job.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

That is gorgeous!!!! I have a 2.5 I with SBF and I love the SBF of it. I have to say though - I can still see a little yellow from time to time and I'm not all that color sensitive, so it's not a cure all.

LLCALI

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much, everyone! I really appreciate the compliments and advice. I emailed my jeweler to see if he can track down some other options for me. He does get GIA stones from time to time, but he seems to deal mainly with EGL-USA. I definitely agree that I shouldn't spend a ton of money on a new setting before I am 1000% happy with my stone.

Side note...now that I found out that my stone is at risk for chipping, color seems to be the least of my worries!! Funny how priorities shift isn't it...sigh. :(

stci

Ideal_Rock

IMO, this diamond have a too big table. Not my cup of tea.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock

your diamond is beautiful! like many have said, every PSer is different in terms of their taste in stones, color sensitivity, etc. I am personally not that color sensitive, but it sounds like you are, which is totally fine! I think all that means is to take your time finding your forever stone. I may have missed this, but have you thought about looking at other jewelers? Perhaps you can use this stone as a trade in if you directly email vendors? Folks like Brian Gavin, GoG, James Allen, IDJ, and ERD have a great selection of GIA and AGS stones, and they will not steer you wrong. Plus maybe talking to different vendors will give you more options, and more flexibility on your budget. Like others have suggested, if you want to go up in color, I don't think going down in size would be a dealbreaker since I'm sure you can stay in the 2.0ct mark, and the halo is going to make your stone look ginormous.

Can't wait to see which setting you decide to go with. Best of luck!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring looks really nice. I would sure wait til I knew I was 100% happy with my stone, before I paid oodles for a custom setting. I actually like your current set, it really makes your huge center pop. (I know what you mean about wanting to have your forever ring, I went through 5 or 6 stones, before I was 100% happy. It seemed like something bigger or better was always looming. You WILL find that perfect one, and when you do, all doubts will be gone.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results