shape
carat
color
clarity

Brad and Angelina engaged

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Apparently they are engaged and from the pics I saw, it's a large emerald cut stone. Anyone else have scoop?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:snore: :snore: :snore:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Logan, in case of misunderstanding - I am interested in the ring and the bling, just not the couple!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1334355128|3170503 said:
Oh Logan, in case of misunderstanding - I am interested in the ring and the bling, just not the couple!

No worrie- I'm the same way, though I do find it curious that they took a stand on not marrying until there was marriage equality, so i wonder what changed their minds?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
monarch64|1334355759|3170515 said:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/angelina-jolies-engagement-ring-designer-robert-procop-5-things-you-dont-know-2012134

Here's the first pic I came across. I'll see if there are any more.

D'oh - great minds think alike! Just cross-posted. It does indeed look like a big emerald-cut, with a step-cut halo if I'm not mistaken. Can't wait to see close-ups! :cheeky:

ETA: The jeweler's website ... http://www.robertprocop.com/

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1334355698|3170513 said:
minousbijoux|1334355128|3170503 said:

No worrie- I'm the same way, though I do find it curious that they took a stand on not marrying until there was marriage equality, so i wonder what changed their minds?

Brad's getting old...he probably figured he should get this thing locked down before Angie leaves him for a newer, fresher model! :bigsmile: :naughty:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I hope to see more pics SOON :love: ; but am surprised she didn't choose a colored stone....she is always draped in emeralds...

chers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a good excuse to get a ring, probably. And I will be happy to see more pics of the ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I remember reading an interview with Brad Pitt where he said it's really important to their kids that they get married.

It looks like a pretty ring, would like to see more pics of it!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Fine with me! Please don't not avail yourselves of marriage just because I can't. That's not what I would want.

BTW, Brad already has a classic Cartier wedding band. I read about that in some magazine.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a Cartier watch Angelina is wearing? Looking forward to seeing a good picture of her ring!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Its been confirmed, they're engaged.

God I can't stand Angelina.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1334377440|3170722 said:
God I can't stand Angelina.

Hi AN! I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm just curious why?

Sometimes I can't stand certain celebrities either.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I really don't give a hoot about the people involved, because they aren't people I know personally, but the hypocrisy in public opinion about them gets my goat. :angryfire:

I, for one, am totally sick of people dissing Jolie because of how they met while forgetting the details. I remember reading stuff at the time (before he and Aniston divorced) about their troubled marriage and him wanting kids and she didn't ... and then suddenly people forgot those reports about them being on the rocks over kids and it became "OMG ANGELINA IS AN EVIL HOMEWRECKER" when Aniston herself broke up a 10 year marriage by dating Justin Theroux, which apparently blindsided his common law wife. Where is the outrage that Aniston is just as guilty of being a homewrecker as Jolie is?

And yet, people still love to paint Angelina as an evil vixen and Jennifer as this innocent, blameless victim even though she's done the same thing herself. Moreover, why have people glossed over the trip Pitt and Aniston took near the end where he gave her the ultimatum of kids vs. divorce? If a woman wanted children and her husband refused to have them, would anyone blame her for leaving him and finding someone else who did?

I respect what Jolie and Pitt have done with their fame and fortune. It's certainly more worthwhile than what Aniston has done with hers. Moreover, they took a stance against marriage in protest of gay marriage bans, and now they are acquiescing to what their children want. How is it that people can remain so spiteful towards them?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1334365213|3170580 said:
BTW, Brad already has a classic Cartier wedding band. I read about that in some magazine.

I meant to say vintage. Sorry.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently Aniston's hook up with Theroux was even more disgraceful than I remembered:

http://www.eonline.com/news/five_things_know_about_justin_therouxs/247190

"Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are hot and heavy, we all know that by now.

But before they went party hopping in L.A. after the MTV Movie Awards and displayed some serious PDAs for the masses, they were in full denial mode—maybe because Theroux, 39, was still shacking up with his girlfriend of 14-years, Heidi Bivens, in New York City? (Not to say it's Aniston's fault, maybe the timing was just terrible?)

But when rumors of an Aniston-Theroux romance started leaking, Heidi's mom leapt to his defense, claiming he was still very much together with her daughter and was just friends with our famous Friend and that this was all just a big misunderstanding. (Sound familiar Brangelina?)

Turns out, it wasn't. Bivens has packed up and moved out of the New York home she shared with the actor, with one of her New York scenester pals telling us she was blindsided and "straight-up dumped." Ouch."

How classy! At least "brangelina" waited until the split was official to start pawing one another in public. Apparently Theroux and Aniston were blatant about it when he was still living with another woman. And yet, people still decry Jolie as a 'whore' and a 'homewrecker' etc etc and Aniston's sh*t doesn't stink. That sort of hypocrisy makes me so irritated.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I'm no expert on Jennifer Aniston's career but following up on my comments to AN, I just don't "get" her celebrity. As far as I know, she was on "Friends", a very successful, and I guess critically acclaimed, television show, but still a show that ended some time ago, and she's made some movies, but as far as I can tell, she's not a famous "movie star". So why is she such an A list celebrity whose every move is "celebrated"? Personally, I just don't get that. :confused:

Asu

Shiny_Rock
Galateia|1334393421|3170763 said:
I really don't give a hoot about the people involved, because they aren't people I know personally, but the hypocrisy in public opinion about them gets my goat. :angryfire:

I, for one, am totally sick of people dissing Jolie because of how they met while forgetting the details. I remember reading stuff at the time (before he and Aniston divorced) about their troubled marriage and him wanting kids and she didn't ... and then suddenly people forgot those reports about them being on the rocks over kids and it became "OMG ANGELINA IS AN EVIL HOMEWRECKER" when Aniston herself broke up a 10 year marriage by dating Justin Theroux, which apparently blindsided his common law wife. Where is the outrage that Aniston is just as guilty of being a homewrecker as Jolie is?

And yet, people still love to paint Angelina as an evil vixen and Jennifer as this innocent, blameless victim even though she's done the same thing herself. Moreover, why have people glossed over the trip Pitt and Aniston took near the end where he gave her the ultimatum of kids vs. divorce? If a woman wanted children and her husband refused to have them, would anyone blame her for leaving him and finding someone else who did?

I respect what Jolie and Pitt have done with their fame and fortune. It's certainly more worthwhile than what Aniston has done with hers. Moreover, they took a stance against marriage in protest of gay marriage bans, and now they are acquiescing to what their children want. How is it that people can remain so spiteful towards them?
Then why get so mad? :confused:
I really dislike both Angelina and Brad,but it has nothing to do with the way they got together.I also don't find angelina to be all that beautiful,but it comes down to personal taste;I'd much rather have Jennifer body than Angelina.
I've read too that it was important for their children that they get married,so good for them to take that into consideration.

I don't get this.... I SWEAR I read a quote from them claiming they won't get married until "everyone" has equal rights.... pfft. Whatever. World War Z should be releasing (see info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_Z_(film)) in June 2013.... it's a nice way for them to stay on the radar until then.

What, they figured they have too many kids under 8 right now so what ELSE can they do to stay in the spotlight? I'm cynical, I am. I actually don't have any doubts that they wouldn't stay together. Just saying the timing is weird and combined with that quote... well..... :devil:

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Back to the ring... I heard this morning on the news that it was 6 ct estimated to cost around 250k..took Brad a year of involvement to help design it...

sstephensid

Shiny_Rock
Galateia|1334393421|3170763 said:

You obviously DO care. How do you know Pitt gave Aniston an ultimatum? Of course you read stuff that their marriage was troubled. You can find that sort of stuff on ANY famous couple. Sometimes it is true, sometimes it is not. The writers happened to be right, probably not because they *knew*, but because claiming 10 couples have problems, you are bound to get 1 or 2 right!

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Is anyone else getting the impression brad had a rough piece of diamond cut to a "unique" cut that was specially designed for Angelina's finger? An article I just read, that I will attempt to re-find and post, mentioned a long table specifically bc of angelinia's "long slender fingers"...I want to see up close pictures of this thing!

atp223|1334411829|3170859 said:
Is anyone else getting the impression brad had a rough piece of diamond cut to a "unique" cut that was specially designed for Angelina's finger? An article I just read, that I will attempt to re-find and post, mentioned a long table specifically bc of angelinia's "long slender fingers"...I want to see up close pictures of this thing!

Yeah.. something about the facets being cut a specific way or something. I think I read that on CNN or TMZ... big difference, I know! :mrgreen:

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
atp223|1334411829|3170859 said:

That is the impression I got as well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1334411143|3170854 said:
Back to the ring... I heard this morning on the news that it was 6 ct estimated to cost around 250k..took Brad a year of involvement to help design it...

No expert here, but I'd be surprised if it were that size...."appears" larger....perhaps because of it's length....at any rate it looks lovely! Probably DIF to boot! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sparklyheart|1334413032|3170865 said:
http://surisburnbook.tumblr.com/post/21037104241/diamond-or-not-angelina-jolies-flat-claw-hand-is

The comment on that site about Angelina Jolie's hand is just terrible. She is a 36 woman with her hand at a very awkward angle and probably leaning some of her weight on it. Is it any wonder that, yep, there are some veins and the picture isn't very flattering?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Circe|1334355966|3170517 said:
monarch64|1334355759|3170515 said:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/angelina-jolies-engagement-ring-designer-robert-procop-5-things-you-dont-know-2012134

Here's the first pic I came across. I'll see if there are any more.

D'oh - great minds think alike! Just cross-posted. It does indeed look like a big emerald-cut, with a step-cut halo if I'm not mistaken. Can't wait to see close-ups! :cheeky:

ETA: The jeweler's website ... http://www.robertprocop.com/

There is a lot of gorgeous pieces there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results