carat
color
clarity

New blue sapphire radiant

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you think?
1.7ct, 5.5x7mm midnight blue sapphire heat only.

in the sun.jpg

in the shade.jpg

silk showing.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
You've done well to find one - I went to 3 big London dealers and no-one either had one or could get hold of one!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think radiants are my new favorite shape!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1333806833|3165633 said:
What do you think?
1.7ct, 5.5x7mm midnight blue sapphire heat only.

Since you asked for opinions, I think it's too dark and too grey on my monitor, but if that's what you were looking for, I hope you didn't pay too much for it. That color shouldn't be too expensive (one would hope in this sapphire frenzy right now).

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am looking for opinions, I appreciate yours LD.

We wanted a dark sapphire. What would you say was too much, price-wise?

Can anyone educate me on the silk? I don't really know what I'm looking at. Is that the grey patch in photo 3 or something else?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1333829891|3165819 said:
I am looking for opinions, I appreciate yours LD.

We wanted a dark sapphire. What would you say was too much, price-wise?

Can anyone educate me on the silk? I don't really know what I'm looking at. Is that the grey patch in photo 3 or something else?

I hope LD gives her opinion, she's not active on the board right now.

Sapphire prices are crazy right now, so its hard to gauge, but if it's precision cut, it can be anywhere from a 20% to 100% premium on what the stone would be worth (it depends on the lapidary). If not precision cut, I hope you didn't pay more than $700 for it, and that would be the top price for me, especially if it has visible inclusions other than some light silk.

The grey patch might just be extinction, which is a characteristic of dark toned stones.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My oppolgies TL, I was just reading the 'come back LD' thread.

I meant to ay I appreciate you opinion TL. :???:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1333830753|3165828 said:
My oppolgies TL, I was just reading the 'come back LD' thread.

I meant to ay I appreciate you opinion TL. :???:

Oh, no problem. :lol: Well, I still hope she gives her opinon. ;)) :)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
If you're buying the stone from someone in the UK then I would guess it's around £1,200 including VAT...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the constraints you have in terms of mm size and wanting a radiant, you really do not have many, if any, options at all. The stone is dark as you were looking for, but it also seems to show a fair amount of extinction. I don't think if you kept looking, you'll be able to find anything better within budget, unless you have an indefinite time frame.

Jim Rentfrow

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Chrono is correct in that you probably cant find anything better. I have had some radiant requests lately and they are hard to find. With the sky rocketing sapphire costs it is going to be near impossible to find anything for less than $1000 a carat in the future, even now it is hard to find them for a decent price!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pandora|1333817910|3165717 said:
You've done well to find one - I went to 3 big London dealers and no-one either had one or could get hold of one!

Do you mean a sapphire in general or a just a sapphire radiant? Confused.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IK,
I am pretty sure Pandora meant a radiant cut. With the Royal E-ring craze going on over there, I'm sure the local B&Ms will be carrying blue sapphires in their inventory for quite a while, especially in oval shapes.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1334072099|3167469 said:
IK,
I am pretty sure Pandora meant a radiant cut. With the Royal E-ring craze going on over there, I'm sure the local B&Ms will be carrying blue sapphires in their inventory for quite a while, especially in oval shapes.

Ovals and rounds are all i seem to find when i hunt.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ovals, rounds, the odd pear or trilliant, even the occasionally emerald cut (expect to pay a premium) but not a radiant in sight.

I asked around and got them to ask around and the consensus was that it would need to be custom cut and probably wouldn't be in budget at that point.

Hence my being impressed that you had found one - and wondering if you'd found it in the UK!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

beau-wy

Rough_Rock
Trade
I find radiants and bar cuts virtually impossible to evaluate from stills, these cuts really depend on movement for their appeal.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Price-wise it looks like we did OK so thats good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results