shape
carat
color
clarity

For those of you who have worked with IDJ...

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Do you normally receive your purchase within the expected time frame? I ordered a pair of earring jackets a month ago and when I ordered them I was told that I would receive them within 2 weeks. I called early last week since 3 weeks had gone by at that point and I hadn't heard anything and Luann told me they would be ready within a few days. I still haven't heard from them. I have sent them emails about this project and also emails to inquire about a ring setting but they don't respond to my emails (except for the first communication about the jackets) and I feel like a nuisance if I call again. I realize that they have great prices and maybe this is just the tradeoff for those prices? Just wondering if this is normal for them and maybe I just need to be more patient. Let me know what your experiences have been.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They're always fantastic, but this is Passover, which means that their schedule is probably curtailed. Generally, though, they're more phone-oriented than e-mail-oriented - don't feel like a nuisance about calling! I'm pretty sure that, if anything, they'll appreciate the reminder.

I think it's actually less that their prices are low, and more that they're a small family run business ... sort of like BGD. I'll take the trade-off for the personalized attention. :rodent:

P.S. - I can't wait to see your jackets! I've been wondering about getting a set made up, and I wanna see how theirs are styled ....

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Circe said:
They're always fantastic, but this is Passover, which means that their schedule is probably curtailed. Generally, though, they're more phone-oriented than e-mail-oriented - don't feel like a nuisance about calling! I'm pretty sure that, if anything, they'll appreciate the reminder.

I think it's actually less that their prices are low, and more that they're a small family run business ... sort of like BGD. I'll take the trade-off for the personalized attention. :rodent:

P.S. - I can't wait to see your jackets! I've been wondering about getting a set made up, and I wanna see how theirs are styled ....

You're right, I'll probably wait until the end of the week and if I haven't heard anything I'll give them a call. I don't mind if an item is going to take longer than expected, it would just be nice to receive an update stating how much longer... But maybe, like you said, their schedule is out of whack right now.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jackets??? did someone order JACKETS???? I'm hoping to order some from IDJ as well!! Can't wait to get your photos up on here soon!

YEs, I have had great service from them and on time but the email thing... well... I kind of have to send a few on occassion. The phone seems to be better for prompt service.

so - back to the jackets (did you see my thread requesting info on them and asking for SMTB photos? please post there when you get them!!) Tell me about your size, tcw, etc.! Very excited for you :bigsmile:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I recently ordered something from ID Jewelry as well. Yeuketiel said feel free to "bother" him with calls for updates, questions, etc. So I wouldn't feel bad about peppering them with calls to get status updates for your jackets, stargurl. Calling is definitely preferable with them it seems. I had emails go unreturned, but calls were immediately responsive. Can't wait to see your jackets!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I've worked with him in person, and I can tell you their counter is SLAMMED all day long. I'm actually amazed that they are able to manage email and storefront as well as they do.

When you add Passover into the mix, that might also contribute a bit to the delays. Some of the bench folks in NYC don't work the entire week of Passover.

I'm sure a quick call will straighten it out. :)

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto what others have said, call them.
I've dealt with them a few times and I've always called and Yekutiel has always been super responsive and Luann as well. I think e-mail can be tough for them because all the times I have phoned you can actually hear over the phone how busy the store is!
They are super helpful so I'm sure they will take care of you.

Can't wait to see pics!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
btrflygrl23|1334176552|3168715 said:
Ditto what others have said, call them.
I've dealt with them a few times and I've always called and Yekutiel has always been super responsive and Luann as well. I think e-mail can be tough for them because all the times I have phoned you can actually hear over the phone how busy the store is!
They are super helpful so I'm sure they will take care of you.

Can't wait to see pics!
Thread jack. Btrflygrl, is that your ring for the month of April, on The WF calendar?! Gorgeous :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One additional threadjack...could someone do me a favor and spell Yeukitel's name out phoenetically? I have no idea how to pronounce it. :oops: Thanks!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Well I guess I spoke (typed) too soon because they arrived TODAY!!! They are gorgeous but I think my diamond studs might be a tad too small for them but they look great with my pearl studs. I was thinking of upgrading my diamond studs but I'm not sure if it's worth the price difference right now. Hmm...

Enerchi, you are too funny!! I will for sure take some pics either tonight or tomorrow and post a thread with all of the details in SMTB. I think I commented on your thread in RT too.

Thanks everyone for chiming in!! I guess in the future if I will make sure to contact them via phone rather than email. I definitely would purchase from them again, they have beautiful jewelry at decent prices. I really don't mind the wait as long as I'm getting what I want and its at a decent price.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo!!! So glad that they arrived - it's like you 'willed' them to you in the cosmos'!!! (the ethereal one, not the vodka/cran/gran marnier one ... just to be clear... :lol: )

Oh, I can't wait to see them... I'm so excited! but... what do you mean you think they are too big? Luann mentioned for the size of my studs (.44/.43) she would order jackets to fit a 5mm size stone - I'm assuming on a 3 prong martini they need some space for the prongs to fit. Is it the airline you are talking about?

Hurry and get that camera out, so we can see... :razz:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yennyfire|1334181907|3168766 said:
One additional threadjack...could someone do me a favor and spell Yeukitel's name out phoenetically? I have no idea how to pronounce it. :oops: Thanks!

As far as I know, it's spelled phonetically - so, Ye-koo-ti-yell. And if *I've* been mispronouncing it, lemme join Yenny in wanting to be correct!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
It's spelled Yekutiel and pronounced: Yeh (as in YEllow) - que (as in the letter Q) - tee (as in the letter T) - Elle (like the girls name).

Yeh-que-tee-elle ...

He and Luann say it with more of an accent but that's basically it. :)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
LALove said:
It's spelled Yekutiel and pronounced: Yeh (as in YEllow) - que (as in the letter Q) - tee (as in the letter T) - Elle (like the girls name).

Yeh-que-tee-elle ...

He and Luann say it with more of an accent but that's basically it. :)

Thanks for this! I was definitely mis-pronouncing his name (and spelling it wrong as well). :oops:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
Woo Hoo!!! So glad that they arrived - it's like you 'willed' them to you in the cosmos'!!! (the ethereal one, not the vodka/cran/gran marnier one ... just to be clear... :lol: )

Oh, I can't wait to see them... I'm so excited! but... what do you mean you think they are too big? Luann mentioned for the size of my studs (.44/.43) she would order jackets to fit a 5mm size stone - I'm assuming on a 3 prong martini they need some space for the prongs to fit. Is it the airline you are talking about?

Hurry and get that camera out, so we can see... :razz:

Just posted in SMTB! (Enerchi you'll see what I mean about them being too big over there...)
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jackets-from-idj-not-sure-if-they-work-with-my-studs.174134/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jackets-from-idj-not-sure-if-they-work-with-my-studs.174134/[/URL]

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
stargurl78|1334165408|3168520 said:
Do you normally receive your purchase within the expected time frame? I ordered a pair of earring jackets a month ago and when I ordered them I was told that I would receive them within 2 weeks. I called early last week since 3 weeks had gone by at that point and I hadn't heard anything and Luann told me they would be ready within a few days. I still haven't heard from them. I have sent them emails about this project and also emails to inquire about a ring setting but they don't respond to my emails (except for the first communication about the jackets) and I feel like a nuisance if I call again. I realize that they have great prices and maybe this is just the tradeoff for those prices? Just wondering if this is normal for them and maybe I just need to be more patient. Let me know what your experiences have been.

It's funny that you posted this.. I have not posted about my IDJ experience because I thought I was the only one.. I ordered huggies back in February.. I was shocked at the customer service. I was told they would be ready a certain day then never heard another word. Everytime I called, I was told they didn't know what happened but would get back to me. They never did. I finally received my huggies a month later. Love love LOVE my huggies but I don't know what happened with the customer service. Definitely not what I expected. I'm glad you finally got your jackets and love them too! They really do great work with jewelry!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks LALove. I'm going to have to practice that one!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LALove for sharing the pronunciation! :D

sparklyheart - I wonder if they are just so swamped that they can't stay on top of everything... I'm not sure. Glad you received your huggies and you love them but you're right, you shouldn't have had to wait an extra month to receive them with no explanation.

I'm in the middle of an IDJ problem right now... Well, actually from last year too. Communication is not really that great there. I've had to send numerous emails asking for a response and when I do get them, they can be within minutes or take days. And sometimes I will get a response but not all of my questions have been answered.

I'm really annoyed right now because I ordered a ring from them and was clear about what I wanted. It arrived wrong, so I had to send it back. Now they have the merch AND my money and I'm just waiting for the next one to be made, I guess.

Between my issues with the 1.75 ctw 5 stone last year, and this year on a different ring, I've actually lost $75 in shipping stuff back to them. It may not seem like a lot, but again, I have nothing to show for it right now.

I do like them though. I wouldn't use them for a custom project, but for standard things, yes... Well, granted this project ends up well.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
bean: I am sorry to hear of your issues. I hope they make your project right in the end. I really do understand your frustration.

Stargurl: Glad to see that your package arrived. I checked out your thread in SMTB and your jackets are lovely!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results