shape
carat
color
clarity

I think it's time to pass the torch...

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
No, I'm not engaged yet. But I think it's time for another lady to become the list keeper.

I have been super busy the past 8 or so months and I just haven't been able to really post here regularly, other than the list updates every week. I also have been list keeper for well over a year now and it may be another year before BF and I get engaged. I don't want to hog the job and there are plenty of ladies on the list that I know would be awesome list keepers.

I have absolutely loved being list keeper and I wish I could have ended the job with the announcement of our engagement, but life got in the way of that. I'm very hopeful that I will get a full time job in the fall and as of right now, the chances of that are very high. Then once that falls into place, BF and I can FINALLY get a house and get engaged! I don't want to be taken off the list, but it's time for me to give up this job to another lovely lady.

So, it's time for you all to vote and I already have someone in mind that I would like to nominate, but I will let you all start. Remember, it should be someone in the top 20 who is a regular poster. Or if they aren't in the top 20, they are super active posters.

Let the voting begin!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww...I'm sorry to see you go MF! But I understand it can be hard to keep up! Lots of dust to you!

audball

Ideal_Rock
The two ladies in the top 20 that I see posting the most actively are maebelle and beesha77. I believe they are both going to be coming off the list pretty imminently though! Maybe they could use the extra listkeeper dust!?

beesha77 may very well be off the list before she could even take over...I believe the ring is in the house as of last weekend...

The other posters that I see posting regularly are low on the list or new members.

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
MayFlowers, you've been a fantastic listkeeper! Thank you! :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for being a great list keeper! The one I joined under :bigsmile:

What are the 'traditions' for list keeper? Should it go to the smallest #? Like #1? How does this work? Or just a free for all, anyone in the top 10 or 20?

audball

Ideal_Rock
There is a sticky up top with the traditions.

See thread here:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/list-keeper-traditions.154398/

Usually it goes to someone high on the list who is expecting to get engaged somewhat soon (as in a few months - 6 months?). It is speculated that being listkeeper gives you extra PS dust in which to get engaged more quickly. We like to have turnover there.

But the most important thing is that the listkeeper be an active member of the LIW section. I've been through at least 5, probably closer to 10 listkeepers in my 4 years here and they usually start high-ish on the list and work down. Doesn't necessarily need to be #1 on the list.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it's the highest #,

#1 and #2, Nebe and Lexie haven't posted since last winter.
#3 Deia is active lately
#4 vip has only posted 6 times in the last 12 months.
#5 patiently_waiting, i can't seem to pull up her user info page :confused:
#6 titian23, has been around a bit? 9 posts in the last month.
#7 epicure isn't active. hasn't posted since feb of 2011 :!: over a year ago
#8 is yourself.
#9 is magpie09. she's only posted once in 2012.
#10, indylady, I can't pull up her user page either.
#11 ducklovingvegan has posted 2 posts in 2012.
#12 rubyprincess also hasn't posted since last winter.
#13 peonies hasn't posted since last fall.
#14 snow_miser is active lately
#15 glitz -- i also cannot find her info page.
#16 maebelle is active lately
#17 vintagelover also hasn't posted since last winter.
#18 something sinful has had a few posts this year
#19 lislis89 hasn't posted since last winter
and #20 beesha77, i also can't pull her info page.

*** by "last winter", i mean Oct-Dec 2011
**** i did not take what sub forums any activity was in, so some may not have posted in LIW sub forum at all. :confused:
***** by the word "active", I mean has posted more than 5 times in the last few months. I also didn't take into account who was more active. Ugh haha.

I vote maebelle if she's up for the job.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I decided to go on the hunt to try and track down a former listkeeper list! I got stuck somewhere in 2007 and lost the scent...but this is what I came up with. I know there are several who come before sleeping beauty but I was unable to trace them. Maybe some older posters can help us track them down? I added this to the sticky thread about our LIW traditions so we can keep track going forward. FYI -- for future listkeepers, it is helpful if you thank the old listkeeper in your first post to track back...that's how I lost track in my searches when there was nothing saying who they took the torch from. And after going back to look, I originally joined the list in October 2008 under sunnyd at number 121 and signed off under MayFlowers in May 2011 at number 8 I think. So I spent time under 13 listkeepers! WAY more than I thought!

sleeping beauty
7/24/07 – 10/3/07

DMBsGirl
10/4/07 – 12/19/07

redfaerythinker
12/20/07 – 5/11/08

CrookedRock
5/12/08 – 5/27/08

EmeraldLover1
5/28/08 – 8/26/08

sunnyd
8/27/08 – 12/1/08

FrekeChild
12/2/08 – 12/22/08

~*Alexis*~
12/23/08 – 3/8/09

ladypirate
3/9/09 – 5/31/09

elledizzy5
6/1/09 – 6/5/09

jcarlylew
6/6/09 – 7/7/09

Jessie702
7/8/09 – 7/30/09

Jaylex
7/31/09 – 9/13/09

ckrickett
9/14/09 – 10/22/09

misskitty
10/23/09 – 8/13/10

Jessie702
8/14/10 – 12/30/10

4ever
12/31/10 – 1/18/11

MayFlowers
1/19/11 - Present

audball

Ideal_Rock
Based on activity in the top 20...my vote also goes to maebelle!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless you want to go back on the list and take the list keeper job, Ms. Used-to-be-#8! :naughty: You've been awfully active on here lately. And you are just about to send your newly recut piece of heaven off to be set! Extra magic PS dust?

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333767312|3165502 said:
Unless you want to go back on the list and take the list keeper job, Ms. Used-to-be-#8! :naughty: You've been awfully active on here lately. And you are just about to send your newly recut piece of heaven off to be set! Extra magic PS dust?
Haha, well I'd be at #3 if I'd never removed myself! :-o

Seeing as how I'm not currently on the list, I think it should go to someone else if they're willing to take it. Our newly recut piece of heaven (nicely said!) was sent off this morning to be set! Though I've got a bit of a wait...I'm sure I'll have time to be listkeeper after this round!

maebelle is talking about a summer elopement so her engagement is imminent! I bet she could use the extra LK dust right now!

Maybe I'll rejoin the list when our ring comes in a few weeks...I'm hoping for a Christmas time proposal! ;-)

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
I don't check PS for half a day and this happens!

If no one else wants to be listkeeper, and no one minds a listkeeper who is only going to last 2-5 months, I will take on the assignment. I need the dust if the stones I want are finally going to be shipped!

We'll make audball be next!

audball

Ideal_Rock
maebelle|1333769518|3165525 said:
I don't check PS for half a day and this happens!

If no one else wants to be listkeeper, and no one minds a listkeeper who is only going to last 2-5 months, I will take on the assignment. I need the dust if the stones I want are finally going to be shipped!

We'll make audball be next!
The original premise behind the Listkeeper was to have someone who should be getting engaged SOON and the title should give extra dust to someone close! It sounds like you are perfect for the job, maebelle!

And I'd be HONORED to be next...I'm hopeful to be off in December! But that means I need to rejoin...lol. Maybe I'll do that under the new reign :Up_to_something: though to those who don't know me (ie: the newer posters) it may seem weird to have someone so low on the list as listkeeper...I hope they won't mind!

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
I'm all for maebelle too!

Thanks for you hard work MayFlowers!!

And Audball is right...he has the ring officially and tells me it's burning a hole in his pocket. I'm hoping for this weekend if not next!! :twirl:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Maebelle was the first person who came to my mind! She is always active on the boards and I'm sure the PS Dust would really help her!

My vote goes to you Maebelle!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies,

I *am* rather frustrated with the search right now, maybe this will give the universe the kick in the darn pants it needs :)

Should I start a new thread now and then contact the mods to unpin the old one and pin the new one?

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
"It is speculated that being listkeeper gives you extra PS dust in which to get engaged more quickly. We like to have turnover there."
heheheh

maebelle sounds good to me too. heres to 'turnover'!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LJL|1333825135|3165777 said:
"It is speculated that being listkeeper gives you extra PS dust in which to get engaged more quickly. We like to have turnover there."
heheheh

I wonder how many of the past list keepers have gotten engaged while "in office"!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! And I finally realized why I couldn't pull up the user accounts for those I listed earlier. You ladies changed your usernames! :p it's still listed under your original, sign up screen names. I'm sorry!

audball

Ideal_Rock
beesha77|1333773082|3165544 said:
I'm all for maebelle too!

Thanks for you hard work MayFlowers!!

And Audball is right...he has the ring officially and tells me it's burning a hole in his pocket. I'm hoping for this weekend if not next!! :twirl:
I really hope so beesha!! :) :) I'll be tuned in this weekend hoping for your announcement!

audball

Ideal_Rock
maebelle|1333807847|3165642 said:
Thanks Ladies,

I *am* rather frustrated with the search right now, maybe this will give the universe the kick in the darn pants it needs :)

Should I start a new thread now and then contact the mods to unpin the old one and pin the new one?
Sounds like we found the perfect LIW for the job then! Yep, start a new thread and message the mods to sticky yours and remove MayFlowers.

audball

Ideal_Rock
heheheh

Heehee, that's what we're hoping for! We're rooting for you maebelle!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333826434|3165785 said:
heheheh

I wonder how many of the past list keepers have gotten engaged while "in office"!
Most of them!

From my reign here all these listkeepers got engaged to pass the torch. 9/12... :) And I THINK from what I remember in perusing the few older ones I was able to track down, they all passed the torch when engaged. So seems like we only have a handful that didn't.

sunnyd
FrekeChild
~*Alexis*~
ladypirate
elledizzy5 -- in a record 4 days!
jcarlylew
Jaylex
Jessie702 -- on her second time as LK
4ever

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
May Flowers your work is appreciated!!! And I vote for Maebelle as well :) Good luck ladies!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9 our of 12 is a gamble worthwhile! Lets make sure this dust works so our Maebelle can make it 10 out of 13 sooner!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1333853074|3165993 said:
9 our of 12 is a gamble worthwhile! Lets make sure this dust works so our Maebelle can make it 10 out of 13 sooner!
Agreed! Go, maebelle, go!!!!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Eek I can't believe I missed this! Thank you for all you hard work over the past year MayFlowers!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Don't disappear on us MayFlowers :) We still want to hear about all your happenings this year!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results