shape
carat
color
clarity

The value of a Bellataire Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jenma

Rough_Rock
I have read a bunch of websites explaining HPHT, the progcess being done to Type IIa diamonds to make it colorless. And the general understanding is that Bellataire diamonds are in general lower in value than its natural counterparts. However, my question is, how much lower? Can I still refer to the Raporport price charts? Should they be 30%? 40% off? Or more?

Thanks.

jenma

Rough_Rock
How about this. I was offered a Bellataire Round Brillient, H&A, E Color, IF, 1.7 Carat for US$15400 including the platinum setting. Does the price sound right?

Thanks.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jen. Last I checked the HPHT white diamond pricing was running about 20% less than non-treated diamonds.

That would make the $15,400 price you were quoted right in line, and a very good price at that.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm amazed that they still go for that much. I would think that they'd be completely worthless in the resale market.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
They'd be tougher to resell than a non-treated diamond, surely, but far from worthless.

The HPHT color improvement treatment is one of the more benign treatments, somewhat analagous to the heat treatment of colored stones to improve their color, (and much more difficult to detect).

A treated gemstone of any sort will always bring less than a non-treated stone, but still have a viable market.

jenma

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I'm not looking to resell it anyway : )

binapaul

Rough_Rock
hi jenifer....

your post is very old....don''t know if you''ll read this.

19.gif
but. i am curious if you bought that bellataire...?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results