shape
carat
color
clarity

Anxiously Awaiting My JbEG Antique Cushion

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking on this site for over a year, learning as much as I can. At the end of January, my boyfriend and I purchased our engagement ring from Jewels by Erica Grace. This is the stone and the setting is being redone:

http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Rings-Antique-Vintage/187ct-Antique-Cushion-Diamond/15993539_jT8fQw#!i=1199716062&k=efH6Z

This ring was a bit of a departure from what I originally desired, but I fell in love with the old cuts and something about this ring spoke to me. Before purchasing, we had the ring sent to David Atlas for an appraisal. He said the stone was beautiful, symmetrical and lovely. The setting was palladium and we wanted a platinum ring, so JbEG is having their bench replicate the setting in platinum for us. It is being set in the Sophie setting with the gorgeous fleur-de-lys basket, and brightcut pave shank with milgrain. I liked the brightcut pave because it will be safe to wear with a wedding band, and I think it will have a real vintage feel with the milgrain. I also asked for more delicate prongs, that were more claw-like. The ring is taking a very long time, and everything is now in my boyfriend's hands. I am expecting a proposal very soon! I have to say that I have been anxious over our choice, and I hope that we will absolutely love the ring when it arrives. It has been a long wait and has caused me to doubt our choice a bit. The stone is a little deep but Grace reassured me that it is absolutely stunning and so did David Atlas. Grace estimates that this stone is from 1890-1910. Basically, I am trusting their expert eyes. They have seen a lot more antique stones than I have. As well, we are located in Canada so it is not easy if the ring is not right!!! Wish me luck and patience in my last bit as a L.I.W.. My only other worry is that the stone will look too big to me! My ring size is 6.75, so hopefully it will be alright. I am not sure why I feel so anxious over our choice. I guess that this is just a really big purchase and I want to absolutely LOVE my ring. :love:

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
I just read through my earlier posts on Pricescope, specifically about my love for the Tiffany Ribbon Ring. This was what I originally wanted, but as I learned more I opted to not go the Tiffany route (and fell in love with antique cushions on the way). I think what I loved about the Tiffany Ribbon was the bead-set shank, and it's vintage feel. I hope that my JbEG Sophie with the brightcut pave will have a similar feel!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I know you will love it! The stone and setting are gorgeous :love: Although size is a personal preference, I really think you will love the proportion (stone to finger size). Can't wait to see the finished product. There are alot of beauties in the making I get to gawk over soon!

The eye candy on PS is how I pass the time away while I wait on mine. If I think too much about my own, I start second guessing myself and then nobody is happy in the Ray household :wink2: I think everyone goes thru it. Waiting is tough but SO worth it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think you will love it! Both the stone and the setting are beautiful! And I think the size of the stone will look lovely and in proportion on your finger. I'm very excited for you and can't wait to see the finished ring!

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your sweet words junebug17. I had to post on here because I am driving my poor boyfriend crazy with all my worries!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It looks gorgeous! I hope you love it!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is indeed gorgeous and I agree that the stone to finger size ratio is perfect. It may look huge to you at first, but I know from experience that you will get used to it! :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My my!! Both the diamond and the setting look perfect! I'm sure once you have the diamond ring on your hand, you will fall in love all over again. Its probably that you can't see it now, and are having to trust experts not your own eyes, that you are having doubts. It's normal....

Hope it arrives soon to your B/F, then right away after to your newly engaged finger!!

Awesome choice -lovely and delicate with beautiful details. :appl:

RedheadDoll

Rough_Rock
Lotus99 Thanks! ...I hope I love it too!!!

yennyfire - I do think it will take some getting used too. Both my mom and my sister wear 1.5 carat rings and they do not look too big to me. I think this stone will be a similar size, since antique cushions face up a little smaller.

Enerchi - thanks for your kind words! I do think it's a delicate and feminine setting. I hope I love the diamond. I feel that my increasing education from Pricescope is making me a pickier consumer.

I know that antique stones are not as perfect as new stones and that that is part of their charm. I do love all the rings that I see on here with the August Vintage cushions. I was really torn between an actual antique stone and a newly cut vintage-inspired one. The actual antique stone, with all it's quirks won! The ones I have seen in person here in Toronto have been really lovely. I hope I am equally charmed by this stone in person.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
That will be one beautiful ring...love that setting and those EOC's ericagrace has awesome jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results