shape
carat
color
clarity

18 carat OMC bangle?

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
I had to post this up even though it's local because it seems crazy! Saw an OEC yesterday while checking out Beverly K settings and starting poking around online for OECs, for a fun RHR ring.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/jwl/2885892405.html

All I can say is, if this is real - WOW! And no price listed...

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, wow! It looks like the stones are different colors and lightness/darkness, but you could get quite a few x-stone rings out of that.

liz

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
I know! I'm not even contacting them, because if it's a reasonable price it's still out of our price range! :) Can't be tempted... argh!

I bet a local dealer/store like Wannabuyawatch or Single stone will end up buying it and selling the stones separate. The actual bangle looks pretty modern, so I'm sure it's not original.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn't get an accurate count on the stones, but it looks like 10-12. If the total weight is 18 carats, that's an average of well over a carat apiece, actually over a carat and a half.

Does Phoenix like old cuts? This looks like her kind of bling! :bigsmile:

liz

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
That's awesome! That got me checking again on Craigslist and there are three listings in the desert near us:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/jwl/2911636862.html

"Vintage Platinum Men's Ring. Ring containes one Diamond of "old mine cut". Approximate weight is 1.78 Carat. Diamond is of VS1 quality and Color is H. Weight of Platinum is 11 Pennyweights" HOLY CRAP! 1.78! H color? $5390? I have to stop looking... that's more than my entire ring we're ordering!

I searched on "old mine cut diamond".

Also a .75 OEC for $1750 : http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/jwl/2860070685.html with setting

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
That's an awfully tinted-looking H. There's a 1.68 for sale on preloved for $4500 (was less before it was listed with JBEG) that's MNO and looks to be a similar color. The appraisal on that man's ring looks like something I could whip up on a typewriter.

liz

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
I should think unless the bracelet fit tightly on the wrist, the diamond side would spin upside down.

I had a bangle set with 4 cts .. traded it in for a regular 4 ct tennis braclet. Sure, the diamonds weren't as big but I was tired of the diamond side spinning downward.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
OcnGypZ,

You have a point! I haven't worn a bangle in decades so I didn't even notice that it's not oval (which might stay put better) and wouldn't have thought about it spinning. I have big wrists so I probably couldn't even get the thing on.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results