shape
carat
color
clarity

Can I get some kitty ***Dust***?

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
For Electra - her 13th birthday is this Sunday. She has always been the picture of health. She is active like a kitten and still looks like a kitten (she was the runt). She follows me around all day - she's my little shadow.

A week or so ago, I was petting her and noticed a very small lump on her back. Small and round just under the skin. It feels very firm and is bluish in color. There is a spot on top of it that wants to scab off (it is black). My DH thinks it feels smaller than it did last week, but I'm not sure - I think it feels more firm, but could be smaller. Please, oh please, let it be benign. It doesn't seem to bother her when you touch and look at it. She goes in to the vet at 8:30 am tomorrow morning.

Anyone have any dust they can spare? She would appreciate it.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Dust to Electra! I hope it is nothing!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healthy kitty dust to Electra and hugs to you!!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
My fingers are crossed for little Electra. Please let us know how it goes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we don't have much dust to spare right now [2 cats with cancer; one slipping fast] but i know your anguish and i pray things will be good for you but most of all for Electra. i'm glad you are going in soon. head bonks to Electra..........

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Dust!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of kitty dust!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
DUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending tons of ****dust**** to dear Electra!! Also sending healing vibes to her as well. Good luck at the vet's today!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending DUST your way!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of dust your way!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Sending dust for your kitty! Btw, my mom has an older kitty and he has 2 or 3 bumps and all of them ended up being benign. The vet said sometimes older kitties just get them and its nothing to worry about. Hope that is the case for your furbaby!

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Dust for Electra. Since it has a scab, I am wondering if it could be a bite or scratch that got infected or a reaction to a recent shot?

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it is something not requiring treatment. Good luck and dust.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Much dust for your sweet kitty!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
A boatload of dust headed yours and Electra's way, from me and my furbabies!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Los of kitty dust! Hope its just one of those "getting older" lumps that is totally harmless!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all, for the dust. You guys are amazing . . . and it worked! It was a cyst and the vet popped it. He said it could be caused by anything (foreign body, insect bite, plugged follicle, vaccine, anything). He sent us home with some antibiotic ointment to put on it twice a day. He also said her stool felt hard so he wants her to take a little bit of a laxative twice a week. So for the office visit, the ointment, and the laxative - the total came to $62. My jaw just about hit the floor. I think that is the first time I've ever gotten out of the vet's office for less than $300.

Of course we will continue to watch it. If it comes back or doesn't go away completely, then we will remove it while she is under for her dental, which we will schedule accordingly. I'm so happy and so is Electra. She is sitting right here, next to me, and sends kisses to all of you. Looks like she will have a Happy Birthday after all.

ETA - It was filled with black goo. Gross, right? It is still discolored, but the lump is no longer there - completely flat.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1332222418|3152618 said:
we don't have much dust to spare right now [2 cats with cancer; one slipping fast] but i know your anguish and i pray things will be good for you but most of all for Electra. i'm glad you are going in soon. head bonks to Electra..........

Movie Zombie, I think of you and your kitties often. I'm sending dust to you every day. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us here on PS. When we all share, I feel it makes us all more alert to the "little things" that we might otherwise miss. Hang in there.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
So glad to hear your kitty was treated so quickly and with such a great outcome!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
**DUSTING***

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, LAJennifer.

my first thought when you described the sore was an absessed cyst....but i'm so deep into my own situation that my only thought was to send bonks and support for going to the vet so soon.

if it happens again you can actually open it yourself and treat it with alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide....or in your case if your cat has opened it for you. lesson learned years ago when i like you had a cat with an absess....in my case i prodded it and it exploded with white puss hitting the ceiling! yuck smelly, too. vet told he how to handle absesses should it happen again.

i'm so glad the vet bill was so low! i haven't seen a bill like that in years! and i'm afraid am not destined to see such a bill for a very long time.

i am so glad Electra is ok! and thank you for the dust....Rusty seems to be having a bit of a better day today...and he has an acupuncture appointment at 3p!

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Lots of healing dust and prayers for Electra.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad Electra is doing well! I'm sorry I didn't open this thread sooner, sick pet threads are so hard to handle sometimes, and we just had a major doggie tragedy in our family.

More dust for Electra's continued health, and a happy birthday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad to hear about the good outcome! Give your sweet kitty an extra cuddle from me!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I'm sending some kitty dust!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Really glad to hear it turned out okay!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
******The biggest possible load of healing DUST ********* heading toward all the sick kitties and their owners. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1332266354|3152914 said:
I'm so glad Electra is doing well! I'm sorry I didn't open this thread sooner, sick pet threads are so hard to handle sometimes, and we just had a major doggie tragedy in our family.

More dust for Electra's continued health, and a happy birthday!

Yay! I am so happy Electra came through it all and is OK!!

Haven, I'm so sorry your family had an animal tragedy. :(( Sending hugs your way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results