shape
carat
color
clarity

An OEC-encrusted squid pin--what's not to like?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I was not looking for this, but it showed up in a search (similar items to a five-stone OEC ring).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESTATE-14K-YELLOW-GOLD-OLD-EUROPEAN-CUT-DIAMOND-2-0CT-ENCRUSTED-HINGED-SQUID-PIN-/230511731671?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ab91e3d7

Now I love octopuses and squid and such. I've even kept octopuses in an aquarium. But I would not pay several thousand dollars for a diamond-encrusted gold squid. I can't even imagine someone making something like that or someone having it made or wearing it. It's kind of cute, but I just can't grasp the concept of a gold and diamond squid pin.

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really??? $7.5K for a SQUID pin??? :-o

I guess you gotta admire the workmanship that went into that squid...I "sea" it takes a special buyer to snap that up! :lol:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe it would be a candidate for a reset project, but it's pretty pricey for that. If Tgal got this instead of that brooch, I don't think she'd have any trouble taking the squid apart.

This thing just cracked me up.

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. No problem taking it apart at all! :bigsmile:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if the eye diamond really has that dark ring or if there's something set under it to give it that effect. Probably would be an interesting item to examine but not something that there's much demand for.

I just love the comment in the description: The ultimate diamond squid. This is the best one that I have ever seen.

So just how many diamond squid pins has this guy seen????

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA|1331472363|3146215 said:
I wonder if the eye diamond really has that dark ring or if there's something set under it to give it that effect. Probably would be an interesting item to examine but not something that there's much demand for.

I just love the comment in the description: The ultimate diamond squid. This is the best one that I have ever seen.

So just how many diamond squid pins has this guy seen????

liz

ROFL!!! OMG!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one Libby!!!

There must be a whole forum somewhere devoted to squid pins... !!! Must google that.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
whoa! Must be some nautical trend happening we are just not yet on board with... who knew??? THis is much more within the realm of affordability - and it could be a pretty cool pin... :rodent:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
And it's hinged, too!

I can just imagine wearing it and having someone ask what it is.

Friend: What is that?
Me: It's a squid.
Friend: Oh, OK then.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
HINGED??? oh no way!!! Now I simply must possess it.... :naughty:

off to get my credit card - be right back.... :lol:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi,

Paypal, paypal!!!!! Can't wait to see the reaction on show me the bling when you share your new squid brooch, and parts of it are hinged, no less. :lol:

I wish I knew the story behind that one. It has to be interesting.

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: could you just imagine that on SMTB?!? Yikes. I think I'd post under a new name - how's "Captain Nemo" or "Jules Verne" sound??? ;))

Pretty sure all of PS would be bummed they didn't snap it up first!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I like it better than the diamond-shaped (as in diamond in a deck of cards) ring with a bunch of old mine cuts or maybe it was rose cuts that someone posted awhile back. Looked kind of like rock salt clumped all over it.

I don't think that there would be too many comments on it in SMTB. A few brave souls might venture a, "Well, that's very INTERESTING!" or perhaps comment on the diamonds (which may be lovely, for all we know).

It would probably be one of the most unusual items posted on SMTB, for sure.

liz

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It looks more like a thistle-ish flower than a squid to me. The part without the diamonds looks like a flower stem to me and not a tentacle.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results