shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your favorite

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know this isn't something I should ask sparklie moms and dads, but I promise not to tell your others if you pick a favorite . . . so what's yours??

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm. A favorite is hard. But if I absolutely had to sell off all but one piece ( wedding set not included) I would keep my star sapphire since I love it and it would be the hardest for me to ever find a replacement for.

For sentimental reasons though I'd be tempted towards my padparadsha ring or jadeite bangle since both were worn at my wedding. But I could probably remake them more easily and I wear the star more anyways.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wanna see your pad!

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
My favorite is a ring that I made last year.

It is made of one natural blue zircon, about 5 mm maybe, and one (shhh) CZ, nicely cut and about 6 mm. The stones were given to me by my grandparents. I inherited my grandma's ring: loved the stone, hated the setting, so I pulled the stone. The other has a story:

After my grandad died, my grandma found three necklace and earring sets stuffed in a drawer. She remembered that he had bought them for myself, my sister, and my cousin (his three grandaughters) several years before when he was still lucid. He had bought three sets: Two made of CZs, and one made of amethyst. My grandma is an admitted jewelry snob, and told him the sets weren't "good enough" to give as gifts, and I guess he ultimately agreed, because he stuffed them in a drawer. After he died, she found them and remembered they were for us. She didn't think it was fair that the amethyst necklace was "higher quality" than the CZ ones, so instead of giving just one of us the "real" necklace and the other two the "fake" necklaces, my mom took the amethyst set and then grandma had us take stones from the CZ set instead, removing them from the original setting, to have us make them into something else. We drew straws for the stones, I got the largest.

I sat on both stones for awhile, and then decided it would be really cool to have a ring made with stones, each from one side of my family of origin (it was my dad's mom and mom's dad who passed). I set them in a double solitaire setting from stuller in silver. It is a beautiful ring and unusual. I get tons of compliments on it, and it's got the most sentimental value to me of all my jewelry though it is certainly not valuable monetarily, I think, if I could only choose one, that'd be the one that would have to come with me. Because it's a CZ and a zircon, it's SUPER sparkly.

I'll post a photo later when I can--I can't do it from this comp.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kitten - all that buildup and no pictures?!! :nono:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could never pick one over another; I don't think I'll ever find a replacement, and if I do, it would no longer be affordable to me. It's not that I have many, but I love them all equally. To decide which one to wear for the week, I actually bring one (or both) of my children along to the vault and have them decide. :lol:

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
I am sorry! I did try to post some but for some reason it is not letting me upload.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is a tough one. I"m probably most sentimental about my push presents from my husband for the birth of our son in 2010 ( an eband) and our daughter in 2011 (a FLY in a double halo). But I think my favorite piece of jewelry is my emerald bracelet. Which by the way for everyone that followed my threads when I first got it- it is FINALLY going to AGL and then an appraiser next week to verify the emerald. It was purchased from Dover where it was marketed as a columbian emerald. I LOVE the bracelet so if the emerald is real then that is an added bonus. If it is a synthetic that I'm ok with that as well.

bracelet1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results