shape
carat
color
clarity

Reputable Jadeite Sellers?

bianka

Rough_Rock
I know jadeite is very hard to buy and assess. Any preferred sellers for jadeite out there? I'm not looking for an important, top of the line or 'imperial' piece, just something honestly sold and priced. Thanks, all!

bianka

Rough_Rock
So...I take it that reputable dealers are not a dime-a-dozen. Can anyone suggest how to have a piece tested for enhancements? Which lab would I use, since it seems like not everyone 'understands' jadeite? There's a piece that's really tempting me and I'd like to hop on it quickly. Thanks again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jadeite pieces have all been purchased overseas as there is a greater selection but also more fakery going on though.

I would suggest AGL to do the testing to make sure it isn't a synthetic, a simulant (other material that resembles jadeite), hasn't been dyed or filled.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Dominic Mok of AGIL in honk kong seems to be the go to guy for jadeite. If you are in the US then AGL as Chrono said would be the lab of choice. As far as respected dealers go that is a tough one. I would be inclined to trust a Jadeite from www.palagems.com , or Robert Genis at Preciousgemstones.com

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second Palagems for jadeite. You'll need a local jeweller (or really, any vendor of your choice) to contact Pala for pricing. They are a bit more expensive but they are honest, trustworthy and are open with gem treatment disclosure.

bianka

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much VapidLapid and Chrono for your help. I will begin looking for a jeweler to reach out to Palagems as there are no prices and no photos listed for the jadeite cabochons. After doing more digging in the PS archives, I see reccos too for Mason Kay (a wholesaler). Also, someone had luck at Wild Fish and through GemWow.

I'll keep amassing information and Chrono I'm going to start searching for threads about your lovely pieces.

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Can you tell me if you have contacted gemwow about jadeite? I am curious because jadeite is a stone I would love to have but I am skeptical about treatments. What is their guarantee?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results