shape
carat
color
clarity

Proof of Angelina's obsession with all things Jen??

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I think the only people obsessed are the regular folks who won't let it go already (realizing this could get me flamed) but it always kills me when people gossip about celebs as if they know the intimate details of their personal lives and their relationships, past and present.
Trash journalists are vultures, but they feed the general public piranhas so it's symbiotic I guess. That's entertainment, I'm not knocking it, I just find it amusing how passionate people get about it.

I have lost count the amount of clients who have said to me "I hate Angelina Jolie, don't you?" My standard reply - "I don't know the woman, there are much crappier people on the planet that give me cause for concern..."

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Addy|1331166167|3143441 said:
There are lots of people who don't marry for whatever reason. A long-term relationship is a long-term relationship. Also, how exactly does one break-up a relationship? Hold a gun to their head? Brad walked away from his relationship willingly as did Jen's partner (Justin, is it?). It's sad when a relationship ends for all involved, but it's life. I doubt any of the four are terrible people who get off on making other people miserable.

I completely agree.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
lyra|1331163654|3143408 said:
They've been together 7 years now and have 6 kids together. Who cares anymore?

Well, actually, no one should give a rat's patootie. About them, their issues, their spawn, anything.

The point is . . . it appears to still be a big deal to Brangelina.

Why does Brad, even in his last magazine interview, have to have his digs at Jen? Why do either of them feel like they need to explain themselves at this point?

I just think it is odd. And funny. And certainly NOT a coinky-dink. Her whole demeanor at the Oscars was - - in deco's words, BIZARRO. (Kinda like she was humming "Strike a pose; vogue!" to herself.) :cheeky:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What bugs me about Brangelina is how much they feel the need to blabber on and on about their relationship. "I'm still a bad girl, I save it for Brad." (eeewwwww) "We won't get married until everyone can." (oh, how noble of you...you've both been married before and not marrying now isn't furthering any cause so why so full of yourselves?) And then there was that Parade article where Brad let's it be known that he's quite satisfied now, but used to be boring and his marriage to Aniston had something to do with it. Nice, Brad, real nice! Sure, the media keep manufacturing an Aniston-Pitt-Jolie triangle because it sells, but Brangelina definitely play into it. They could just shut up about their lives together and focus on speaking only about whatever their current project is.

And yeah, I read the crap so I'm guilty of feeding the machine...but only what I can read for free!

edited to add: Holly, you were posting my sentiments at the same time I was writing them!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1331170554|3143545 said:
What bugs me about Brangelina is how much they feel the need to blabber on and on about their relationship. "I'm still a bad girl, I save it for Brad." (eeewwwww) "We won't get married until everyone can." (oh, how noble of you...you've both been married before and not marrying now isn't furthering any cause so why so full of yourselves?) And then there was that Parade article where Brad let's it be known that he's quite satisfied now, but used to be boring and his marriage to Aniston had something to do with it. Nice, Brad, real nice! Sure, the media keep manufacturing an Aniston-Pitt-Jolie triangle because it sells, but Brangelina definitely play into it. They could just shut up about their lives together and focus on speaking only about whatever their current project is.

And yeah, I read the crap so I'm guilty of feeding the machine...but only what I can read for free!

edited to add: Holly, you were posting my sentiments at the same time I was writing them!

Amen to the part I "bolded". THAT is the absolute truth of their love-hate with the media and public attention.

It doesn't take any effort to shut the eff up. It only takes the realization that everyone everywhere is not waiting, with bated breath, for you to 'share'. But, then, that requires that you have some perspective about yourself.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
From any of the interviews with Aniston I have read, she does not really talk about that stuff. If she does it's not printed. So ...that does make me go back to the theory that Angelina has serious issues with her. Or rather serious insecurity in herself and the relationship.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
It kind of struck me that Angelina's pose was a forced (and awkward) "look at me" pose, because the Oscars weren't all about her and it was her way of calling attention to herself. I don't think it had anything to do with Jennifer Anniston.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1331148999|3143144 said:
I think Jen, Angie & Brad are ALL totes KRAY KRAY. No one comes outta that whole scenario looking *good*. I mean, c'mon now, Jen was w/him during the "stinky" years. P.U.

:o

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I personally find Jenn much more attractive than Angelina, and always have. I think that Angelina almost HAS to be jealous/paranoid due to all the hype that continues in media around the three.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jolie: is a force in international human writes, author of a book, top-tier actress.

Aniston: b-list rom-com queen.

I'm ... always sort of fascinated by the cultural narrative where the more successful oddball must have residual issues with the middle-of-the-road mainstream figure.

Not to mention the (I think separate, in this case) - female rivalry issue. Marilyn/Jackie, Ginger/Marie Ann, etc., etc. And yet I almost never hear stories about, a) female friendships (I mean, I think Aniston is deadly boring, but the one interesting thing about her is the one that rarely makes the news - her long-term loyalty and connection with Courtney Cox and the rest of the friends cast - 20 years down the line, and in competitive Hollywood, that's pretty awesome), or, b) rivalries between men, presumably because they, and the people who identify with them, have better things to worry about. Our culture is so messed up sometimes.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
lyra|1331163654|3143408 said:
They've been together 7 years now and have 6 kids together. Who cares anymore?

oh my, apparently all of us! lol :o

I like Angelina but in that photo, comparing to Jen, she looks super creepy. Almost like a vampire! hahaha

Jen, even though she's classy and all, kinda gets on my nerves. She seems too pefect!

I think the dress is just a coincidence. With all the public appearances, it's highly likely that the two ladies have worn similar styles of dresses at a few different points in their lives.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Man, I loved "Hackers" .... :lol: But also "Girl, Interrupted," "Gia," "George Wallace," an Oscar, etc. It's hard to class them in the same category - "In the Land of Blood and Honey" vs., what, "Horrible Bosses?" But STILL the "rivalry" debate. Gotta have those fighting ladies ....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1331225788|3144002 said:
Man, I loved "Hackers" .... :lol: But also "Girl, Interrupted," "Gia," "George Wallace," an Oscar, etc. It's hard to class them in the same category - "In the Land of Blood and Honey" vs., what, "Horrible Bosses?" But STILL the "rivalry" debate. Gotta have those fighting ladies ....

"Girl, Interrupted" is Angelina's one great movie that I've seen. I wanted to watch it the other day and ended up buy a used copy on Amazon b/c all the video stores have gone out of business (blockbuster is almost gone!) and Redbox doesn't have it! lol

She's done some great humanitarian work but in one of her movies, I forget...she played a queen or something, her acting was so bad, my husband and I were laughing during the dramatic scenes, so her acting is just not all that much to brag about. She is pretty though...she just is tad "hard" looking as she's aged.

Even though I don't really care for Jen, she's a good actress and if the movie sounds interesting, I'll go see it, but I won't see a movie specifically b/c she's in it. We were watching Office Space the other day and that's probably the silliest movies she's been in, but she did a good job and we love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1331224588|3143981 said:
Top tier actress? The following are the movies I think of when I think of her...

Lara Croft
Wanted
Salt
Hackers

And lol: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...cars-humiliation/story-e6frfmqi-1226293588627

Ugh, victimized by her stylist. It's hard to imagine that a star who makes millions of dollars will rely one a single person to create her entire public attire. Worse yet, is that a star allow a designer to make their gown for the Oscars and give them entire creative power and then WEAR the dress if it sucks. There is one star at the oscars who I thought had a bad dress and nobody said anything negative about it because she's popular and there's nothing controversial about her... Then I also saw an article about stars who choose to wear vintage dresses to the Oscars - YES, at least then they know what they're going to look like on oscar day!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1331223361|3143969 said:

You really consider Jennifer Aniston to be b-list? She was #3 on the 2011 list of highest paid actresses.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved Hackers too. And Gone in 60 Seconds.

Hubs and I had a convo about this:

Me: Do you think Angelina is a top tier actress?
Him: Compared to who?
M: Jennifer Aniston
H: Well yeah. Angelina has range.
M: Range? Really?
H: Yes. She's a slut. She's an action star...
M: Often both in the same movie!
H: Jennifer always plays the same character.
M: But if you compare Angelina to say, Natalie Portman, would you still say she's a top tier actress?
H: No way!

I compare Angelina to someone like Natalie Portman (who I consider a top tier actress) and I start giggling uncontrollably. Girl Interrupted was good, as was Gia, but then there is Lara Croft...

If she actually tried to get out of the tabloids, I'd have a lot more respect for her, but no. Googled her and this was the first thing that popped up:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/awww-jolie-pitt-kids-walk-pet-bulldog-jacques-201283

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1331227810|3144036 said:

M: But if you compare Angelina to say, Natalie Portman, would you still say she's a top tier actress?

But I compare Angelina to someone like Natalie Portman (who I consider a top tier actress) and I start giggling uncontrollably. Girl Interrupted was good, as was Gia, but then there is Lara Croft...

If she actually tried to get out of the tabloids, I'd have a lot more respect for her, but no. Googled her and this was the first thing that popped up:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/awww-jolie-pitt-kids-walk-pet-bulldog-jacques-201283

See, my dh for sure would consider Natalie Portman a top-tier actress, but then again, she's in one of his favorite movies (V for Vendetta). This is all speculation and I probably shouldn't text him at work to ask him, but I would invision him saying Angelina is a slut and he'd probably ask "who?" if I brought up Jennifer Aniston...then he's say, "oh, that girl in Office Space? She's okay." lol I think she comes across as bland to many...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1331170314|3143540 said:
(Kinda like she was humming "Strike a pose; vogue!" to herself.) :cheeky:

A tape taken with a cellphone surfaced after Whitney Houston's death of Whitney at a Superbowl party singing and dancing to "Vogue" when Madonna was on the television. Some of Madonna's fans said Whitney hated Madonna but I didn't think so. Whitney Houston seemed like such a sweet person. I doubt Whitney Houston and her family would have let a brother live under a bridge for 18 months while never even talking to him. The brother went to the Superbowl like some kind of ghost from Madonna's past. Sad.

I don't "get" Angelina, Brad, Bradgelina, etc. She's beautiful but an action star, not my favorite genre. He, frankly, seems full of himself. I agree with the comments about Jennifer Anniston not being A-List. The public doesn't think of her as a movie star. They think of her as someone who had a huge hit TV show, who also acts in cutesy comedy movies, combined with "being a celebrity." Altogether, my impression is "B" star. I'm sorry. I've probably offended about 100 people. :o

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FrekeChild|1331227810|3144036 said:

I compare Angelina to someone like Natalie Portman (who I consider a top tier actress) and I start giggling uncontrollably. Girl Interrupted was good, as was Gia, but then there is Lara Croft...

Yeah, that makes sense - Angelina seems to have made an internal decision to cash some checks maybe ten years ago (right around the time of Lara Croft, come to that), while I think Portman is still maintaining "artistic integrity" (though, frankly, after "Friends With Benefits" and "Thor," she is On Notice). But given how much she gives to charity ... lady wants to be in "The Tourist," I won't roll my eyes quite as hard as I might otherwise. MC, I bet you were thinking of "Alexander?" I was too busy cackling at Colin Farrel as a blond to have time for anybody else on the screen.

AMC80 - wow, really? Okay, I will adjust my opinion to be qualitative rather than a question of box-office draw - by my lights, Freke's hubby nailed it. Aniston's been doing a knock-off America's Sweetheart Meg Ryan impression from the time she recast herself as a movie actress, and it's always set my teeth on edge. But I guess I'm in the minority on that one ... :ugeek:

I wonder who the two in front of her were? Off to Google!

ETA: Ah. Jolie in first place, followed by SJP, with Aniston and Reese Witherspoon tied for third. Fascinating ....

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1331228606|3144047 said:
AMC80 - wow, really? Okay, I will adjust my opinion to be qualitative rather than a question of box-office draw - by my lights, Freke's hubby nailed it. Aniston's been doing a knock-off America's Sweetheart Meg Ryan impression from the time she recast herself as a movie actress, and it's always set my teeth on edge. But I guess I'm in the minority on that one ... :ugeek:

I wonder who the two in front of her were? Off to Google!

ETA: Ah. Jolie in first place, followed by SJP, with Aniston and Reese Witherspoon tied for third. Fascinating ....

I admit I am biased because I am a huge Friends fan. I'm currently watching all of the seasons on DVD, in order...and I'm about half way through the last season.

Also, knowing nothing about any of the people in question personally, all I can go by is what the media has given us. Based on this info alone, I perceive Aniston as being very classy and sweet without caring too much what others think. I basically think of the opposite in terms of Jolie.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with AMC in perceptions of Jolie/Aniston. But a lot of this is how the media feeds it to us.

I couldn't give a flip about Brangie's kids taking the damn dog for a walk. SINCE WHEN IS THAT NEWSWORTHY?!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
For those of you saying Angelina has a great figure, really? Don't get me wrong, she has a beautiful face and I think she USED to look great but all I see now is scary boney white limbs. Aniston, on the other hand, looks fit and healthy to me.

As for the dress, my favorite pics are the ones photoshopped to show a leg on each side :lol:

angelina-jolie-both-legs-showing-hollywoodgrind.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had that on my FB for a while. That one was my favorite.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hear, hear!

I don't like Jennifer Aniston as an actress. I can't stand Friends, and she's always the same exact person in movies. I will say that I've liked a couple of her movies, despite her starring role, though. :cheeky:

My DH hates JA. I'm not exactly sure why, but he refuses to watch anything with her in it. Same for Drew Barrymore. Maybe they remind him of exes . . . :cheeky:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1331233148|3144128 said:
My DH hates JA. I'm not exactly sure why, but he refuses to watch anything with her in it. Same for Drew Barrymore. Maybe they remind him of exes . . . :cheeky:

OMG, I can't stand Drew Barrymore. I think she's a terrible actress. And it's like she's always trying to be cute...but just, well, isn't. I love some of her movies, but that's despite her, not because of her.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jolie: is a force in international human writes, author of a book, top-tier actress.

B list? I don't think so. Regardless, who cares what movies they've done? Character is what matters.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1331230627|3144083 said:
For those of you saying Angelina has a great figure, really? Don't get me wrong, she has a beautiful face and I think she USED to look great but all I see now is scary boney white limbs. Aniston, on the other hand, looks fit and healthy to me.

As for the dress, my favorite pics are the ones photoshopped to show a leg on each side :lol:

Bwahahah, hilarious! I hadn't seen that pic.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Laila619|1331234811|3144143 said:

B list? I don't think so. Regardless, who cares what movies they've done? Character is what matters.

Here, here! Jolie's humanitarian work really does take her to another level.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So does breaking up a marriage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results