shape
carat
color
clarity

would this setting fit this stone

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's no way to tell because the head size you select is based on (presumably) diamond carat weight - which in itself is odd because the mm size depends on cut. Also with coloured gemstones, depending on the stone you buy it may have different dimensions per carat varying from species to species. I would contact the vendor with your stone measurements and ask them specifically what you should order.

Hope that helps.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do ask the vendor specifically what is the range for the setting. Is it for stones between 7.0 mm to 7.5 mm? Information as specific as that will be more helpful because as LD said, even dimensions for 1.5 ct round diamonds can vary depending on the cut.

It seems like you have either a fat oval or a roval (cross between a round and oval). My concern is that one one side, it will be a good fit, but the other side will show some overhang (metal showing through underneath).

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
I did ask about this yesterday at the jeweler as well.

He, as well as American Set, said I needed to order the 1.5 carat size, which is aprox. 7.4 mm round, because you need to make sure you have the largest part of the stone covered. I have a slight "roval" but it is really, very close to round. If it doesn't fit, I may go with a prong setting (like Tiffany style head) instead, but I wanted to try this first .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results