shape
carat
color
clarity

just another OEC

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Love the faceting and *softness* of the look of your OEC!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! Can't wait to see it set!!!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pretty!!! Congratulations!

Anne

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
That stone is so beautiful! The creamy color and the pretty facets...gorgeous. Can't wait to see what you set it in...

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning :love: :love: :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. :love:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning OEC. How are you going to set it?

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
oh wow :love: :love: can't wait to see it set!!!!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
This is SO SO pretty!! Congratulations!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! :love: Can't wait to see how you set it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got the whole jeali thing happenin'! :bigsmile: Happy Anni!

chers--Sharon

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
It's PERFECT! I love it, congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the very kind comments! You guys are experts to me - looking at all your diamonds and reading your experiences has been incredibly helpful, so my thanks to YOU again!

As far as the setting, I'm open to suggestions :D I have a bad case of pricescope-stalkeritis and looking at the many beautiful stones and the different ways people have set them have left me quite confused about what I truly want :) Right now I am thinking either solitaire, french cuts (thank you to all F.C. owners and creators, your rings are amazing), halo with plain shank, or halo with split shank (pave). I have a vintage right-hand ring with an OEC in it that has single cut melee and millegrain in a platinum setting - so I am thinking I want something different from that.

My ring size is between 4.25 and 4.5. The stone is sitting in the ridiculously tall stone holder, so the finger coverage in the pictures is larger than it will be after setting the stone.

Here are the table/crown stats for those of you who asked, and I've included the other stats as well. They are from the appraiser's Sarin analysis (EGLusa cert stats are in parentheses) and I am also attaching a pic I took of the ASET image. From the very little I know about it, the image makes sense to me from how I see the stone performing.

Table 50% (51% EGLusa)
Depth 61.6% (61.5%)
Crown Angle 34°
Crown Height 16.5% (16.6%)
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 41.5% (41.4%)

Polish Good
Symmetry Good
Culet Slightly large (Small)
Girdle Thin to Slightly Thick (Thin to Med)
Flourescence none

HCA (is this applicable to OECs?):
Light Return Excellent
Fire Excellent
Scintillation Excellent
Spread
or diameter for weight Very Good
Total Visual Performance 1.5 - Excellent

20120306-DSC_0787.jpg

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
The sun came out today, so I tried taking more pictures. At some point it feels like the camera+me vs. the stone, it's still so difficult to photograph.

Pictured along with the stone are

my original .33ish RB solitaire, 14k yellow gold ring from 18+ years ago. Funny thing is that my in-laws picked out the ring :) My husband and I were college students in a small college town. There was a large, reputable jeweler in my husband's hometown and we were too busy with coursework, planning the wedding, as well as feeling hormonal (me) and stressed since our oldest daughter was on the way. I was totallly cool with my husband's parents buying the ring with funds from his savings account. Still makes me laugh when I think about it :)

a vintage OEC ring given to me by an aunt. The appraiser put the stone at .89/K SI1. The setting is 90 plat/10 iridium, with single cut melee. The platinum is very cold-looking when I look at it next to my stone in most lighting. I'm thinking it's not going to be the best metal choice for this new OEC.

Sorry, this'll be pic heavy. Hopefully someone will find this helpful.

20120306-DSC_0653.jpg

20120306-DSC_0655.jpg

20120306-DSC_0656.jpg

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Done after these :) Hope someone finds these useful sometime.

20120306-DSC_0732-2.jpg

20120306-DSC_0732.jpg

20120306-DSC_0696.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's not "JUST" anything! WOW. GORGEOUS! I love it and want one just like it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want one just like it, too!

In the photos, I love the one with the diamonds from the side and it looks like stars! I have a couple of small diamonds and look when the light catches them and I can make stars.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Gorgeous stone. Can't wait to see how you set it. I love the french cut sides idea.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Loove your OEC...perrrfect...just perfect!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow that stone is perfection :love: I came back for another look :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, friday, that is a gorgeous stone!!! And you take fantastic pics :bigsmile:

The faceting looks spectacular :love: :love: :love: I love that actual antiques lack the clinical precision you'd expect of modern RBs - they're all the more charming for it! I can't *wait* to see how you set it (I vote french cuts :up_to_something:)

ETA: Thanks for posting the appraisal results, too - we don't often get Sarins of antiques around here!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Yssie, Skippy, ariel, woofmama, Rhea, Gypsy, and everyone else for the kind comments! I wouldn't have known what to look for in a stone without all the helpful information and beautiful images here on pricescope, that's for sure.

Rachel is working on the work order for a setting with custom cut antique-style (high crown), warm-colored french cut sidestones, I am reallly excited! :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Not just another OEC! It's an AMAZING OEC! Gorgeous! Congrats! :love: :love:

Such a beautiful stone and so not "just another oec" :cheeky: and looking forward to see how you will set it.

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Can't believe I missed this! GORGEOUS stone, and beautiful pics! I'm dying to see how you decide to set that beauty!!

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
Thank you ganesha, whatamiwithoutapurpose, and stci. I've been without the stone for almost 2 months I think, and still have 4 or so weeks to wait. It's getting long :) SMTB is my daily dose of diamond viewing for now. Fortunately, Leon has the sidestones in his posession, don't need to wait on those anymore...

1.14ct.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very much looking forward to seeing your finished ring. We may be OEC/French cut sistas :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results