shape
carat
color
clarity

Vintage ring should I keep it ...need input please

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi I'm a long time lurker and I need your opinions on my ring ...should I keep or return it ? I don't have much of a social circle who appreciates jewelry so please...any opinions welcome! The center stone is a .60 carat. I am a size 6, for reference.

Thanks!!

IMG_0729.JPG

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0711.jpg

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I think it's really cool and unique looking! I would keep it if you like it.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Very unique piece. It's a keeper in my book :love:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
If you like it, if you enjoy looking at it and wearing it, keep it. It's beautiful.

liz

(another enabler)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA|1330604995|3138185 said:
If you like it, if you enjoy looking at it and wearing it, keep it. It's beautiful.

liz

(another enabler)

Enablers ROCK! :appl: (when it applies to jewellry...)

Yup - if you like it, you can afford it, it fits and makes you happy - its yours! It looks lovely and you aren't buying it for your social circle, you are buying it because YOU love it. I say keep it but then again, I've been told I enable as well! :loopy: :lol:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! This is my first vintage ring and I don't want to make a mistake. More opinions welcome!

mylittlepretties

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1330638582|3138637 said:

Yup - if you like it, you can afford it, it fits and makes you happy - its yours! It looks lovely and you aren't buying it for your social circle, you are buying it because YOU love it. I say keep it but then again, I've been told I enable as well! :loopy: :lol:

+1 and congrats on your first vintage ring!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! If you like the way it looks, you should keep it!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Again, thank you all. I have one more week to decide before the return policy expires. I paid $1100. Any opinions on the price? It is not certified so I don't have much to go on. I don't want to spend a lot of money getting an appraisal if I am not going to keep it. Any suggestions?

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
An appraisal will tell you what you have and whether the price is fair. See what an appraisal costs. My local jeweler/appraiser charges $50 for the first item and something like $20 for each additional (probably varies some if the additional pieces are complicated). It may be worth the piece of mind for you to have an appraisal done just to be sure of what you have. Either it will be money well spent because you have documentation for insurance or it will be money well spent to find out it's not worth what you paid.

Obviously, this does not apply if the appraisal cost is $300!

I would have it appraised if you are leaning toward keeping it. I probably wouldn't if I were leaning toward returning it.

liz

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I wanted to update you guys. Today I went to a couple of jewelers to see about sizing the ring and was told by them that my diamond is beautiful and that I got a steal! Guess it's a keeper!Thanks to you all!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your purchase! Its beautiful judging from the pics. Love seeing old pieces getting a new life :appl:

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
Great news! (I can't believe I typed "piece of mind". Argh! And I can't even blame it on autocorrect/autocomplete.)

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo Hoo! that's great news Nala - enjoy it and wear it in good health :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results