shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
MQ - Oh my gosh that is such a cute pic!!! What a cute little guy!!!! Welcome to the world little Weston!

Muffdog - Wait, what?? Jamaica! I am so jealous! Have a great time!!

AMC - Congrats on team BLUE! See, all those OWT aren't true for everyone! And I love the comment of a weiner being inside you at all times. Hilarious!

PPM - You look amazing! Love that your doggy jumped in the picture, my kitties do the same thing!

Mayerling - I'm sure you're fine with the chickenpox thing, but good that you still got it checked out!

AFM, we have a firefighter's banquet to go to tonight. Should be a fine time. The last 5 years I was drunk by the end of the night at each one haha, not this time!!!
Oh and guess what? Today marks 99 days left for me according to EDD. I'm officially in double digits :shock:

--25 weeks 6 days

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations MQ! Darling little guy!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monkeyprincess|1330780796|3139873 said:
Congratulations MQ! Darling little guy!

He sure is!! I just want to cuddle and smooshie hug him. Congrats, MQ! :appl: Welcome Weston!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, MQ! What a little ham! :love:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
amc80|1330756996|3139809 said:
MuffDog said:
AMC!! Welcome to team blue :) Can I take some credit for positively predicting the gender based on the "what side is the blob" theory?!

Sure! It's funny, that's the only "boy" sign I had. All of the others pointed towards girl- bad ms, high hb, terrible skin breakouts, etc. We are so happy and excited!

At first she couldn't get a great shot and told us to keep the receipts on any boy stuff...then baby moved a little and really showed us his goods.

Also, for anyone else with a boy- is it weird to thing that you've got a wiener in you at all times?

Oh yeah - I think it is so weird that I'm a girl, and there is a boy in me. Very foreign. I am getting more used to the idea of having a boy though...

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
MQ - Congratulations, Weston is perfect!!!! Those wrinkles :love: :love: :love: Dust for BFing, I know it can be hard. Enjoy your first days with your LO!!

AMC & Muff - Congrats on team BLUE. When found out I was preggo with my with my son, I found it so surreal that I had a penis inside me! hehe - When I found out, I texted my close GFs and said 'Guess what? I have a penis inside me, and it's not my husband's!'. But once you have him, you won't be able to imagine it any other way ;)) Muff - have a great time in Jamaica!

PPM - love the bump! You look great!! I like how the dog jumped in there too.

Monarch - You look fantastic, too! And your butt looks great, not huge! :bigsmile:

Steph - Sorry about the aches. So cool that you saw her kick from the outside, though! Thanks for kicking off BPF - you look great! I haven't even taken a belly pic yet. I'm kinda afraid! With my son (he is 15 months) I didn't pop for a looong time. And I didn't lose much of the weight from him. I'm 19w now and feel huge already :roll:

Missy - Good luck with your showers! In-laws can be great, huh? (Note extreme sarcasm!). Sorry about your DH - firefighters have such a tough job sometimes :(( But I guess that's the price heroes have to pay.

PP - I agree, the French system sounds great! Lots of luck...

Bobbin - Good for you for taking the initiative and changing OBs. I have a different one now than with DS. It's the same practice, but Dr K delivered DS (my primary was Dr N), and he's taken over for this one (don't know why, it just kinda happened), but I like him so much better! He's more personable, spends more time with me answering questions, etc. I have a LOT of concerns about the birth/recovery process. I didn't even know I was in labor the first time around, and I had a terrible tear and an awful recovery. I'm gonna be a real bi-otch this time around, I think, as far as telling them how things are gonna go. haha. Oh, and I hear ya on the messy house thing. I can hardly keep up, being preggo and having a toddler. I think you just learn to let it be sometimes. Hope you had a nice shower!

Well, that's as far back as I can read to catch up. This thread moves so fast!!

AFM, 19 weeks today! Feeling better, the headaches haves eased dramatically (I had up to 3 bad ones a week for probably the first 15 weeks). My schedule is rough, working night shift, no day care, just napping when DS naps a couple days a week... I cannot wait for maternity leave! I'm taking 3 months, only half will be paid, but I don't care (we stashed some of our tax return for this very reason). 4 other girls at work are preggo with their first - I have a lot of baby showers to attend this spring! We're all due within 3 months of each other. Baby girl's kicking off and on, I started feeling her 2 weeks ago. Names are a challenge - I really like Justine as a middle name. We have a short, 1-syllable last name so I feel like first and middle name should be longer.... hmm, that's about it. Sorry I can't keep up better! I'll try to post a little more often so I can get to everyone!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
PG's little Alice Taylor made her appearance yesterday at 5:31pm, 8lbs 8 oz, and 19 inches long!

VBAC FTW!!!!!!!!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
charbie|1330871703|3140446 said:
PG's little Alice Taylor made her appearance yesterday at 5:31pm, 8lbs 8 oz, and 19 inches long!

VBAC FTW!!!!!!!!

I knew it! She hasn't been around the cloth diaper thread in a couple of days which made me suspect that the LO must have made an appearance.
Congrats Phoenixgirl! :appl:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
charbie|1330871703|3140446 said:

VBAC FTW!!!!!!!!

WHOOHOO!!! :appl: :appl: I am so happy for her and for little Alice!!! Can't wait for details and photos (but take your time, PG, just soak up these moments with your new LO :love: )

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PG, :appl: :appl: :appl: ! I can't wait to see pics of Alice in her cute diapers! And yay for the VBAC! You're awesome!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wohoooo for the PS baby boom!!! :appl: :love:

Congrats Phxgirl!!!!

Congrats Mannequin, he is precious!!!!! :love:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for spreading the word Charbie!

It's all been a blur . . . we are home and both girls are napping so I'll try to do the short, short version of the birth story. ;-)

Saturday morning we made plans to meet up with a friend (who happens to be my doula), her son, and my MIL at a children's playplace/coffee shop about 7 blocks away (we walked). It had been a quiet few days contractions wise so I'd been relaxing more and thinking it was still a ways away. Shortly after arriving at the play place the first contraction hit around 9:30 a.m.. Since I'd had them off and one for a week and a half, I just thought, more "false" labor . . . but they were rapidly becoming too uncomfortable to just proceed as normal through. Everybody started trying to time them, but I thought I must be missing their true start and finish since they were so close together (3 to 5 minutes). I tried to breathe through a few of them (and noticed a few curious onlookers keeping an eye on me) then realized I needed to get home asap.

So MIL drove me home while DH and DD walked home and the doula ran home to put her son down for a nap. When DH came home I was barely managing the pain. He threw together a bag of stuff (while I was thinking, "What?!?!?! You haven't packed a bag yet?"), we called the midwife to say we were coming in, and we left for the hospital.

When we arrived about 75 minutes into labor, I was checked by the midwife and was already at 8 cm. So all these starts and stops and the day when my cervix felt like it was "radiating" were definitely doing something! Honestly at this point I was not handling the pain at all and began begging for an epidural. This was against my birth plan but I just couldn't cope. I did manage to put the anesthesiologist off the first time he came, but then I yelled, "Where is the *#*%&($(# epidural?!" and finally got it around 1 p.m. at 10 c.m.

At that point I calmed down and rested for a couple of hours while I prepared to push. Alice was still malpositioned (ROA I believe) plus I had been such a frantic mess, so we were letting her labor down. I started pushing around 3. It was a long process probably due to her position and the epidural (and it being my first vaginal delivery). A tiny bit of her head was visible in the mirror for a long while, but since it wasn't moving I actually found the mirror more discouraging than helpful. I also kept looking for cues that everyone thought we were close (midwife putting on gloves, or them calling in the second nurse who was supposed to be present) and was like, seriously, we're not close??!?!

I pushed in several positions - on either side, my back, and with my legs on a bar at the end of the bed pulling myself up on a sheet. Totally different experience than my first labor where they had me on my back and never suggested alternate positions.

Alice's heart rate dipped into the 90s for a bit, so the midwife called in the OB, who was super encouraging. She said if it stayed down we'd have to discuss trial of forceps or c-section (both would be done in the OR so the forceps could lead right to c/s), but she said that I had plenty of room in my pelvis and was pushing well, so she was confident I would deliver without a doctor in the room. But my midwife said she told her in the hall that she didn't feel comfortable using the forceps on a VBAC patient so I'm glad I didn't know the whole truth. I just felt reassured that we'd have help if needed. After switching positions her heart rate quickly went back up to the 160s and stayed there.

So then finally at 5:30 her head appeared, and that gave me the extra something I needed to push her out. I got a second degree tear (that she initially thought was worse) with stitches, so that needs some healing, but definitely the recovery is much better than with my c-section.

So I learned a lot from my experience. I was humbled to know that you can have certain plans in mind (no epidural) and then have to change them mid-labor. I also believe that there was no reason for my first c-section except different hospital policies. With both L&Ds I had my funky pelvis, a malpositioned baby, and an epidural, but with this delivery I had a whole room full of people helping me. I also had a better experience with the epidural -- this one was weaker, so I was more mobile and could feel when I was having contractions (I had one "pain spot" that was not numbed and that was pretty hard but I was glad to know when to push). The same leg still fell asleep so I needed help lifting it (but there were plenty of people to help with that), but I never felt the room spin. I did throw up during pushing, but any number of things could have caused that. But this time I had the midwife, my doula, a nurse, and DH all helping me, versus just the one nurse checking on me periodically at my old hospital. So I guess my advice to any first time mothers would be to choose your practice and hospital carefully. I really believe it was the set-up and general philosophy of the hospital that determined whether I had a c-s or vaginal delivery.

It was soooooooooo nice to have her with me after birth. They threw Alice on me and I held her for the first hour plus. Finally they weighed her (a big girl - 8 ounces heavier than her sister) but it was so nice to be together and have her latch for the first time then. BFing seems to be going well as well. I asked this morning about her weight and the pediatrician said casually, oh yeah, she's at 90%, but there was no threat of not discharging us or pressure to give formula like there was at our old hospital. The colostrum is already changing to milk and comes out when I squeeze the nipple, and we're putting her on the breast on demand so 15+ times a day, so I'm hopeful things will go more smoothly than with Claire. We see the pediatrician tomorrow so we'll know more then.

alicemarch3.jpg

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Phoenixgirl, she's precious! :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alice is so beautiful!!! :love:

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
PG - Congrats on your little girl! Alice is beautiful! Way to go on having your VBAC - you rock!

Loving the bump and US pics! Hope all of you are doing well. :))

The little one is snoozing, so here is the birth story for Baby Weston:

I woke up Thursday AM to get ready for school after having spent the last three days prepping my long term sub in my classroom. Thank goodness she had come in to work with me - I went to the bathroom around 5:45 AM and noticed a slow trickle after emptying my bladder. I thought I may have been leaking a tiny bit the night before, but was not sure. In hindsight, I now know that I passed a mucus plug on Tuesday. Woke up hubby, had breakfast, alerted the family, and off to the hospital we went after the OB said to come in as soon as possible.

Checked in and up in a room around 8 AM. I was checked by a resident and had a forebag producing the trickle of fluid, but was 2 cm and only 70% effaced with baby at a +2 position. Over the course of the next few hours, I was hooked up to a pit drip and greeted lots of family coming to celebrate and wait, but my water never totally broke and my doctor never came by as promised. The resident came back and used the hook to break the bag, but then by 8 PM or so I was still only 3 cm. I was tired and hungry and not progressing. My contractions on pit were getting irregular and really difficult to manage, so I asked for the epidural folks to come in. I had some relief afterwards, but was still having trouble getting things going. Another check around 10 PM and I had managed to relax enough to totally efface, but was only at 4 cm. Most of the family went home at that time, and I tried to rest and sleep a bit to get things moving. My pit drip was dialed up and down a few times over night. I barely got any shut eye with the busy maternity ward activity - there were 25 beds full that day and things were hopping outside my door!

I was checked again by a nurse around 2 AM, and surprise! Full 10 cm! The baby still needed to drop more, though. I called my parents who had left and told them to come back in a few hours, since it was going to be time to push soon. I tried some pushing around 4:30 AM, but Weston needed a little more time to descend and my epidural was not helping me find the right places to push. They dialed up the pit and turned off the epidural, and I was finally ready to push around 6 AM. The experience was difficult - legs up in rests, handles to push with, Weston was ROA and I had something inside sticking out that was blocking him or hanging him up a bit. I was close to the point of exhaustion and really did not want the c-section that was likely to be suggested, so I grabbed the bars and cranked up my efforts. At 8:18 AM, my little boy was plopped onto my chest - success! I cried and held him and wished him Happy Birthday. It was quite a moment for me and my husband, who had been with me the whole time waiting for this little baby to arrive. The nurse assigned to coach us through the delivery was fantastic, as was the doctor who was on call for delivering that day.

I had a second degree tear that needed fixing, so my husband watched the baby get cleaned up as my placenta was hauled out and I got stitched up. Found out about a hemmorhoid later on first visit to the bathroom after delivery. We donated our cord blood, and the kid had such a long cord that we filled two bags for Karmanos! After everything was settled in the room, our excited families came in to greet our little one. We had lots of visitors in and out that day, and one was my grandmother who has the same birthday as Weston now. She was thrilled with her present!

The long period of time on the epidural and the 24 hours + labor were pretty stressful on Weston. He did not really attempt to BF right away, and then consistently had trouble latching while in the hospital. His bilirubin went up to the high end of normal, and he went down to 7 lbs 11 oz from his 8 lb birthweight. A lactation consultant came by while he was out getting his circ done, and then no one was available to help me later after he came back. We were supposed to go home Saturday, but I refused to go anywhere without the help of someone or the tools/knowledge to feed this kid once we left the hospital. I asked for a pump and began using it to stimulate my milk production to help feed him, but we ended up needing to use formula to supplement his feedings. I really wanted to BF exclusively, so formula was a bummer, but I am okay with doing whatever it takes to help this guy get a good start. The nurses were trying to assist us as much as possible with latching, but Weston still couldn't manage to get the hang of things. We were promised a lactation consultant would see us on Sunday morning, only to be told she had had outpatient surgery and would NOT be in. I was able to speak to her via phone, but was angry/disappointed at the lack of help for this poor baby and me! They were able to get another one of our fabulous nurses into the office to secure a rental pump for us, and we were finally discharged and sent home. I am going to try to get an appointment with someone at the BF outpatient clinic as soon as possible.

We are home now and having a pretty good go of things. He is sleeping in his crib and I am waking myself up at intervals for the change/feed/burp routine. We are trying to nurse first at each feeding, and sometimes he is getting the hang of things. My milk is coming in today and since I am pumping for the baby often, I have milk ready for if he doesn't latch and formula to top him off if necessary. Weston is such a sweet baby - he is very good tempered and loves cuddling. Our family cat loves the baby and comes with me to each of the feedings and changes in the nursery. I am tired of course, and my butt hurts, but I am too in love with this kid to care. We're taking him to his first checkup tomorrow.

Pictures soon, need to load them.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Lizzy, wow, Disney and Sea World - your DS is going to love it! I have no idea if you should bring his car seat on the plane with you, sorry. Glad your anatomy scan went well with awesome Down's and Trisomy risks, and that you were able to stay on Team Green!

Missy, I know! Isn't it crazy how fast it goes after the first trimester when all we're thinking about is if we're going to miscarry? I still can't believe he'll be here in less than 6 weeks! Your bump is still progressing nicely! I wore some of my regular GAP sweaters throughout the winter months too. I have no idea if I stretched them out in the belly area though. So sorry about all the firefighting sadness that you and your DH had to go through.

Petite, 7 classes - whoa! We're only taking 2 classes, one of which was a 2-part class. It was pretty fun though, and I'm sure yours will be fun too.

mayerling, yay for feeling kicks and nesting. I don't think I've hit that phase yet, but we have started buying more stuff for the baby. Aren't the cloth diaper covers just the cutest thing? Was your doctor able to conclude anything about your chickenpox/shingles risk?

amc, yay for making the switch to maternity pants. I really hope your sickies are gone for good. Yikes about the dry heaving though! It definitely looks like your tiny bump has popped out a bit. Congrats on team blue, and yay for already having a name picked out. It took us forever to pick a name.

bobbin, your maternity pics are awesome - and yay for them being free too! Sorry you're not happy with your OB. Hope your baby shower was fun! My last one (of 4) is in 3 weeks, but it's just going to be a small brunch with close girlfriends. Yup, I'm scheduled for the evening of 39 weeks and a delivery the next day, so I guess baby is coming out at 39w+1d if all goes as planned. You can totally tell your mum that having GD doesn't mean having a big baby, and vice versa. Our baby was only 3 pounds and 15 ounces at my growth scan last week, which is the 25th percentile! They're estimating he'll be between 6 and 7 pounds at delivery, but I'm not even sure he'll be that big!

MuffDog, I'm late in responding, but you definitely don't have to feel bad about not feeling a certain way. I feel like I should be more connected to mine too, but I'm just hoping that it'll happen once I see and hold him for real. I feel you on the names thing - it took us forever to come up with a name. I am so jealous of your Jamaican babymoon! Come back with tons of pics!

choro, yay for your mom giving you her stash of stuff. I'm okay with my OB's decision to induce a week early, especially since the main reason is to get the baby out as healthy as possible. I guess I just needed some time to get used to the idea of having a hard date (although I know he can still come earlier) and losing that extra week. I didn't ask if I could refuse or change the induction date to a few days later, so I'm not sure if I have the option to do so.

monnie, did you end up deciding if you're going to switch providers? Okay, your butt is totally not big at all!

steph, your tiny bump is so cute! Yay for your mom helping with the nursery decorating too. The outside kicks are pretty weird. I haven't seen much in the way of constant belly movement, more like random belly jiggles from the corner of my eye. It stops once I start looking down though, of course!

PPM, your bump is so cute too, and I love that your dog jumped into the pic!

Lynnie, glad your headaches are subsiding, and I hope they stay away. Wow, sounds like there's a baby boom at your work. There were 2 other girls at my work that were pregnant too, but they've all gone on to have their babies already, so it's just me here.

charbie, thanks for updating us on PhG!

PhG, congrats on Alice's arrival! :appl: :appl: :appl: She is precious! Thanks for coming back to post your birth story. You're totally awesome for getting your VBAC too! I can't believe you were already at 8cm by the time you got the hospital - yikes!

MQ, thanks for posting your birth story too. So sorry that you had suck a long labor, but glad Weston finally made his appearance. Can't wait to see more pics!

AFM, we finally decided which stroller to go with and bought it this past Saturday! We switched from the UppaBaby Vista to the Baby Jogger City Mini, mostly because it was smaller and way easier to fold down. Let me just say, one-handed fold and unfold is the best thing ever! I love it - it's like my new toy. We tried to put our dog in it for a pic, but she was not having it at all. It could have been because we already installed the car seat adapter, so there was a big bar in front of the seat that she was trying to avoid. :rolleyes: We also bought a bunch of other things, like crib sheets, changing pad covers, etc., using our 10% off registry completion coupon at BBBaby, since they don't take the 20% coupons for Baby Jogger. I figured 10% off is better than nothing!

(33w+3d)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your birth stories PhGirl and MQ! It's always so interesting to hear--I love hearing the stories even more now that I'm on the other side. I'm so glad you were both able to push through it and now have happy, healthy babies!!

MQ, sorry you didn't have more support in with bfing/latching in the hospital. I'm still having latching issues, but once your milk comes in and you at least have enough to supply them, I feel like it relieves some stress. Lots of luck to you in the coming days and hopefully you can still schedule time with the LC even though you're no longer in the hospital!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Love the birth stories PhG and MQ! Congratulations!!!

PhG, I'm so glad you had the birth experience you were looking for. Seems like it was night and day difference between Claire's and Alice's birth. Definitely a good point to have an idea of the practice & hospital.

MQ, I was very disappointed with the LC at my hospital too. They were totally useless, much like yours. But I had one come in after we got home and she was very helpful. Talk to Weston's pedi and they should be able to write you a prescription for a visit. And some LC's are nurses, so it can be billed as a skilled nursing visit, even if your insurance doesn't cover LC.

~LC

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
PG & MQ - Congrats to you both! Thank you for sharing your amazing birth stories! :appl:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
MQ, congrats again! Looking forward to pics of baby Weston.

S&I, yay for selecting a stroller. And, also, you're getting so close! How do you feel?

AMC, I don't know how you were able to wait so long before switching to maternity pants. I've been wearing them since about 13w. They're so comfortable I'm thinking of keeping them after the baby comes! :lol:

Lynnie, I'm sorry to hear the headaches have been so bad but it's good they're finally subsiding.

Missy, how was the banquet?

AFM, progressing nicely at 21w6d. I'm finally going to attach that 21w pic I promised last week. The doctor's office finally got back to me and confirmed that I'm immune to chickenpox and have nothing to worry about. Also, I'm still very much in nesting mode. Apart from my CD stash which is growing by the day (got some fluffy mail today and immediately ordered some more :oops:), I'm also just back from a shopping spree to the local mall. I got various onesies (different sizes, colours, sleeve lengths, etc.), two baby blankets, two sleeping bags, some scratch mits and socks, and 2 hooded bath towels :love:

DSC02034.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1331039133|3141728 said:
AMC, I don't know how you were able to wait so long before switching to maternity pants. I've been wearing them since about 13w. They're so comfortable I'm thinking of keeping them after the baby comes! :lol:

AFM, progressing nicely at 21w6d. I'm finally going to attach that 21w pic I promised last week. The doctor's office finally got back to me and confirmed that I'm immune to chickenpox and have nothing to worry about. Also, I'm still very much in nesting mode. Apart from my CD stash which is growing by the day (got some fluffy mail today and immediately ordered some more :oops:), I'm also just back from a shopping spree to the local mall. I got various onesies (different sizes, colours, sleeve lengths, etc.), two baby blankets, two sleeping bags, some scratch mits and socks, and 2 hooded bath towels :love:

Yeah, they are amazing. So comfy, and they help me look a little more pregnant...although really I think I still just look fat.

Yay for the immunity, and what a cute bump!

PG & MQ- yes, thanks for sharing! Hearing these stories makes me come to terms with the fact that there is a baby in me and it's going to have to come out.

S&I said:
amc, yay for making the switch to maternity pants. I really hope your sickies are gone for good. Yikes about the dry heaving though! It definitely looks like your tiny bump has popped out a bit. Congrats on team blue, and yay for already having a name picked out. It took us forever to pick a name.

Thanks!!

Hi to everyone else. Okay, new day, new problem. I've been throwing up at night, after dinner. I'll eat and feel fine, then about an hour or so later I get super queezy and end up running to the bathroom. After throwing up I feel great. It's happened 2-3 times in the past week. I think it might just be me getting too full (even though I'm not eating a whole lot), but I don't know. Anyone else deal with this?

ETA- At what point do I need to stop sleeping on my back? I was always under the assumption that it would be uncomfortable and that is when I'd need to stop, but I haven't reached that point yet...

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1331054533|3141875 said:
Hi to everyone else. Okay, new day, new problem. I've been throwing up at night, after dinner. I'll eat and feel fine, then about an hour or so later I get super queezy and end up running to the bathroom. After throwing up I feel great. It's happened 2-3 times in the past week. I think it might just be me getting too full (even though I'm not eating a whole lot), but I don't know. Anyone else deal with this?
AMC, I dealt with that and thought it was just the tail end of morning sickness- after talking to my midwife she said it sounded like reflux (and when I thought about it, I was having tons of other refluxy symptoms). Daily prilosec has helped a lot.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
stephb0lt|1331055829|3141892 said:
amc80|1331054533|3141875 said:
AMC, I dealt with that and thought it was just the tail end of morning sickness- after talking to my midwife she said it sounded like reflux (and when I thought about it, I was having tons of other refluxy symptoms). Daily prilosec has helped a lot.

Thanks, I'll look into that! I don't think it's morning sickness just because I don't really have a bunch of nausea- it's more just a stomach ache that turns to nausea at the last minute. It's weird because it doesn't happen during the day at all, only after dinner...and my dinners aren't any bigger than other meals I eat.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi girls. Just back from a glorious long weekend in Santa Barbara and trying to catch up!

MuffDog- Late comment here, but I felt exactly the same way with my first pregnancy, and even some with this one. I wasn't super emotional about it, never cried in the u/s room, etc. I had moments of panic- and the worst part is there is NOTHING you can do, that baby is on its way. You can't change your mind. I had a lot of sad moments in the first few months when other new moms posted on FB about it being the "best month of their lives" and how wonderful and blissful they found motherhood. I did NOT. I was miserable, not going to lie. I also loved my son, no doubt about it, but I just didn't have the joy. It came later, and boy does it find you. You will not be able to breathe sometimes for the amount of love you will feel for your child. But your story and your experience is yours alone and it just is what it is. It's not a diapers commerical, and it's not all rainbows and teddy bears. The worry, the fear, the amazement, the joy, the miracle, the messiness, the exhaustion, baby smells and baby poop, it's all part of it. I promise you that everyone has moments of doubt or fear. It's a HUGE change. A beautiful, messy one that is absolutely worth it, but it's big. Sometimes it's hard to get our minds to catch up. Anyways, I know you'll be a great mom and you will find your way. Don't feel bad for not being overjoyed at all times. Totally normal. Hugs!!!

Lizzy- So happy to hear the scan went well. Such a relief to put that behind you and move forward with preparing for baby!

Monarch- First, you look perfect. I don't know what you are talking about!!!! Also, I would probably look into switching OB's if you can.

Steph- I'm a book nerd too! One of my showers the hosts put on the invite that in lieu of a card, please bring a book to start Baby Boy's library. It was awesome and I love opening a book and seeing who gave it to him. On Tiny Prints I think I saw a book themed baby shower! Adorable. I started reading to O at a very young age, way before he could possibly pay attention. He's a huge book kid, thankfully..

MQ- CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD WESTON JACK! :appl: :appl: :appl: He's scrumptious!

AMC- Yay for a boy! I knew it, though like you said, all your signs seemed to be girl. I never had problems sleeping on my back with O, though I tried not to do it. This one though, from early on I couldn't- feels like you can't breathe and you feel dizzy.

PPM- Cute pic!!! Love the doggy.

Lynnie- Headaches went away for me just recently, unfortunately. Apparently common in late first/second tri. :nono:

PHOENIXGIRL- WELCOME TO THE WORLD ALICE TAYLOR and you ROCK with your VBAC! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I knew you could do it! I love her already. :love:

Mayerling- Cute pic- I so didn't think you'd be blonde for some reason!!!!

Whew. I'm exhausted just typing all of that. BBL for more- we opened the envelope! Any last minute guesses before I spill? :devil:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
China, I vote for boy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat|1331066278|3142084 said:
Hi girls. Just back from a glorious long weekend in Santa Barbara and trying to catch up!
Whew. I'm exhausted just typing all of that. BBL for more- we opened the envelope! Any last minute guesses before I spill? :devil:

Ahh, SB, my old stomping grounds!

And spill!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
China - How could you do that to us!!!!!!! I'm going to say GIRL!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, work is crazy after being away for a few days.

So it's a GIRL! :love: :-o :o :bigsmile:

I admit, I'm a little freaked out/shocked/excited. I was so nervous to open it, no idea why. I kept reading it b/c I was sure I was reading it wrong. Then I thought, well, maybe they made a mistake? I don't know why, if I had to guess I would have guessed girl, but I think I just convinced myself that I'm a boy mom and meant to have boys.

With O, I was just all excited, like it's a baby! Knowing it's a girl I feel all this responsibility all of a sudden. Silly I know.

We tried to buy some girlie outfits, but we kept gravitating to the boy stuff. I am so not used to PINK.

I'm uber excited, a smidgen sad that O won't have a brother, but relieved the little minx will get a big brother.

We have ZERO names picked out. Calling her Tigerlily for now, but she needs a real name.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat|1331070799|3142150 said:
Sorry, work is crazy after being away for a few days.

So it's a GIRL! :love: :-o :o :bigsmile:

Congrats!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congrats China! That's fantastic news! I was thinking another boy for you, which just proves I'm always wrong with these things :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results