shape
carat
color
clarity

SF Bay Area colored stone lovers check out the Maharaja....

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I ran out of space up there. Check out the Maharaja exhibit at the Asian art museum. It's all old beautiful objects from India's royal courts and the jewels are TDF! Not sure what my favorite thing was but there were some real highlights. There is a cabochon sapphire that must be an inch high and 3/4 of an inch wide in a head piece. A seven strand necklace of natural pearls. Wish I could have gotten closer to that one because each of the pearls had such distinct overtones. Really cool. Very generous use of rubies diamonds and emeralds on everything. Some with colors that don't even look real ( but they are!). There were some diamonds in a belt that had very few cuts on them and seemed to be foiled on the back and were over an inch in diameter. Some art deco pieces too. A Cartier belt buckle with a 400 carat emerald in it. Plus a few bits of hessonite , some coral and turquoise thrown in.
Go see it!

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Sounds amazing! I saw the Cartier exhibit when it was here last. I definitely want to check this out too.
And umm please excuse my teasing but TDF? Or DTF? Hehe Cuz from what I've seen on Jersey Shore dtf doesn't have much to do with jewels lol :)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Re: SF Bay Area colored stone lovers check out the Maharaja.

Oops.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

SweetAsscher|1330221401|3134632 said:
Sounds amazing! I saw the Cartier exhibit when it was here last. I definitely want to check this out too.
And umm please excuse my teasing but TDF? Or DTF? Hehe Cuz from what I've seen on Jersey Shore dtf doesn't have much to do with jewels lol :)

OMG hilarious! I was dyslexic as a child and sometimes I think I still am. LOL!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

plan to see it! glad to know its worth the drive. saw the ads for it when in the city 2/17 for another exhibit and told hubby it was next on the list...thanks, kitten!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

Is there an internet site for it? It sounds fantastic!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

It would be nice if there was a site that showed more. The pieces seem to be drawn from several different museums like the V&A and the British museum. Here is a link to the museum page. You can see the sapphire cabochon on that page and a pin but not much else as far as jewelry goes.

http://www.asianart.org/maharaja/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results