shape
carat
color
clarity

Mels Antique Jewelry Too will kill me for sure!

stci

Ideal_Rock

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Their prices are ridiculous. They annoy me so much I don't even look at their stuff.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know, you can always ask to pay less - I always try that, and 9 times out of 10 they agree.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i have to agree that her jewelry selection is nice,but the prices are ridiculous and narrowed to a market of people who will buy no matter what the asking price.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
I have stalked that first ring for a while, what a work of art, I seriously considered it for an engagement ring but my SO hates it so we are going with Steven Kirsch instead.
Their pricing is high, it's a turn off, but their pieces are definitely unique.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
If they'd consider taking the diamond out of that first one and dropping the price, I'd definately consider it for a RHR, but I doubt they would and the SI3 is bothersome.

stci

Ideal_Rock
tradergirl|1310813099|2970300 said:
Their prices are ridiculous. They annoy me so much I don't even look at their stuff.

Just one thing... stay zen and cool. If you don't like the prices I can understand but It's not necesseray to be so rude. They have rare pieces and uniques too. Sometimes it worth to pay more. It depend of budget and taste.

stci|1310847986|2970485 said:
tradergirl|1310813099|2970300 said:

Just one thing... stay zen and cool. If you don't like the prices I can understand but It's not necesseray to be so rude. They have rare pieces and uniques too. Sometimes it worth to pay more. It depend of budget and taste.

I don't think she was being rude.. just saying she didn't like the prices.

I have also looked at those rings multiple times and yes, the prices are crazy.

I almost always ask to buy a stone cheaper as well and they almost always say yes ;-)

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Yum! :lickout:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, I've never seen a ring like the last one. It's beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful, all of them!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!! I'm practically drooling all my screen!

I think Dover used to have a lot of nice stuff too, but they have really gone downhill lately. At least they were decently priced for the most part. but if I didn't have a budget I would go crazy in MAJT.

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
I agree they have very unique and lovely stone/settings. Definitely drool worthy

I also agree their prices are a bit off-putting.

Excited to hear they usually take a lower bid. Can I ask how much is usually discounted? I've seen some that I thought would be perfect if 1-2K less from the 5-6k range. Not sure i have reasonable prices or dreaming.

And do their pictures both anyone else? There are lots of views, which is great but there is a whiteness or glare to the pics. Makes it hazy and hard to see details in the center stones. If you look at the hands holding the items, they lack definition in the skin/ridges. Like its been smoothed over. I wish the pics where more like http://shop.ebay.com/liketoshop816/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686.

kds78

Rough_Rock
I emailed them once to ask to lower a price, and they were inflexible with it...price was firm. So good luck to anyone who wants to negotiate with them!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh...love the rings you posted. I drool over her stuff all the time, but definitely high prices. The first ring's design reminds of the window on the front of the building of the Mission in Carmel, Ca.

Mission Carmel.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOVE her stuff. I was seriously considering that last one for my upgrade (still am, a little ... even though I'm 99% sure that that's not the sturdy, everyday setting I'm looking for!). The one thing I find off-putting is that so many of the pieces say "vintage-style." Even though I haven't seen any contemporary craftsmen working on that level, it automatically makes me wonder - is it really antique, or does she just have the greatest bench alive working for her? For me, that makes a difference, price-wise - not least of all because if it's contemporary, I wanna get something like an AVR set in that amazing keystone halo!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Their selection is stunning!!!

nararabbit

Shiny_Rock
She has nice things - for similar, try waltons fine jewelry in franklin, tn. they have beautiful, very fairly priced antiques. They don't sell online, but if you call them they might have a setting for you for a better price! I don't think they have a single ugly thing. LOL!

Langantiques.com is nice too!

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG! Waltons fine jewelry is a treasure store! I can't find the words to tell how beautiful are all jewels there! Thank you to share nararabbit! xxxxxxx

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Narwhal|1311040741|2971855 said:
And do their pictures both anyone else? There are lots of views, which is great but there is a whiteness or glare to the pics. Makes it hazy and hard to see details in the center stones. If you look at the hands holding the items, they lack definition in the skin/ridges. Like its been smoothed over. I wish the pics where more like http://shop.ebay.com/liketoshop816/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686.

On the skin/fingers thing, those pics seem to be of a mannequin hand (or whatever you would call it, something like flesh-toned silicone). I see that with other ring vendors, you want to see rings on a finger, but there's not always a "hand model" available in the right size.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results