shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks LV and Buttons! I did make an OB appt, but it's not until 3/7. I guess I need to find a primary doctor anyway, so I should get in to get a new inhaler. I think that might be the real issue behind this ridiculous cough! :knockout:

Congrats MP! I read about your story and I'm so happy for you.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Quick drive by... I lurk here and just had to shout out to some PS'er's....

Sunnyd!! Congrats! I don't know if you remember me from the LIW days... Bubbly1126 was my old name. Anyway, so happy for you!

MP: CONGRATS!!! Words cannot describe how happy I am for you!!! And please don't worry about the baby's size. In the beginning, all that can really vary. Your little bean will be just fine!!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Dani: WOOHOO! How wonderful one of the docs performed a scan and all is wonderful- that heartbeat is just amazing, isn’t it?
Meg: I think that by the time you hit 20 weeks you should have gained between 5 and 10 pounds (that’s average… not everyone!) I am sure you are doing fine- I bet you’ll gain a few between now and mid 2nd tri. As AMC said, your body knows what it’s doing. So long as you feel healthy and happy, baby is healthy and happy.

MP: I am doing a happy dance for you!! WONDERFUL news!! U/S are super imprecise measuring tools- no worries on the 6w2d. I’m sure your bean is just thriving and growing like crazy.

Sunny: Oh gosh- Congrats x 2! New homes are so exciting... as are babies :) I’m so glad to see you over here! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Yay MP!

And Dani!!

Quick me post - I'm going to a conference tomorrow and Friday about 2 hours away and have to meet my coworker at 5:30 am to get there. UUgh, I'm going to try to get up at 4:30 so I'll be able to get vertical by the time I need to leave. Somehow when I have to get up early it's really hard to wind down.

And the preggo junk food cravings have hit! I felt ok today and really wanted a chick fil a, so I went for the whole shebang, fries and all. Then after working till almost 7, all I could think about was chinese food : ) Hopefully the food at the conference will be heatly to make up for the last 2 meals!

FWIW as far as weight gain goes, I think in the beginning a lot could be due to digestive issues and bloating. I'm up about 3 pounds but I doubt that it's actual weight gain. I'm very curious to see how I gain / show in the next few months. Very excited to see that bump developing!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MP - so very happy for you!!! What great news :appl:

sunny - I *think* we're in the same city so let me know if you ever want a rec on an OB group. I adored my group last time, adored! My on-call OBs actually saved me from a c-section twice during my hospital stay (not to mention every nurse I met during my two week stay said they went to them too, that says a lot to me)!! Okay, sorry to get off topic, I just really love them!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi all! Happy Friday!!! Its been a LOOONG week!!!

Ugh. I think MS or just plain "sickness" has kicked in. I haven't vomited yet, just feel totally sick all the time. Its terrible. Also, my diet these days consists of lemonade, bagels, plain buttered macaroni, matzo ball soup, and grilled cheese sandwiches. This is tough for me, considering I just lost 22 lbs recently and don't want to gain it all back by eating all of these high carb foods which tend to pack the weight on me quickly. The thought of meat or any kind of protein though makes me want to hurl, so I guess I have to do what I have to do. I'm really hoping this doesn't get any worse. It's hard to work when all you're thinking about is not vomiting in front of your patients:( Miserable. :sick:

Thanks for all of the well wishes! I am so thrilled for you MP, and congrats Sunny!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Have an awesome weekend all!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dani, so sorry you’re not feeling well. I do think at this point, you’re right that you just have to eat what you can. I hope that it doesn’t get too much worse for you. I’m still not feeling sick, knock on wood. The only thing that hasn’t sounded good to me is sweets. I guess that’s a good thing because I normally have a huge sweet tooth. Pretty sure I’ve lost weight so far, mainly due to the stress and slight loss of appetite, but that could all change very quickly!

Kunzite, thank you! Do you have any cute ultrasound pictures of your little guys? Hoping they keep baking away nice and long for you!

Rachel, hope you did okay with the early morning. I’ve been inadvertently waking up at least that early every morning lately and having trouble falling back asleep. So glad it is the weekend so I can try to catch up on sleep! Hope you're feeling well!

Sunnyd, congratulations on your BFP! We’ve got a boom going on! Hope you’re feeling better. What horrible timing to get sick! Have fun telling your family! Only my immediate family knows. DH wants to wait awhile longer to share the news with his family, which is going to be hard because they live in town and we see them all the time.

Amc, I see the tiniest hint of a bump forming! But you’re right that it might take awhile longer for strangers to realize you're pregnant. I’m about 5’6”-ish and all legs (short torso), so I have a feeling there is going to be nowhere for my future bump to go but out!

Meg, sorry about the early Braxton hicks. That must have been nerve-wracking. Glad that you are doing well though!

AFM, thank you all so much for your comments. I appreciated each one! I spoke with the NP this morning, and she reviewed the ultrasound results. She said that everything looks normal and seems to be developing correctly, and she wasn’t too concerned with the date discrepancy. She said it was only 3 days instead of four. She said what she was looking for was a healthy heartbeat during the sixth week, and we had that. She also said that some babies just hit the milestones a little slower and she had a pregnancy that measured one week behind with one of her sons. Made me feel a lot better. My next appointment/ultrasound will be March 13th. That’s going to be a LONG wait, but hopefully that means everything is going as it should. Grow baby grow!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Re:

monkeyprincess|1330103280|3133399 said:
I’m about 5’6”-ish and all legs (short torso), so I have a feeling there is going to be nowhere for my future bump to go but out!
MP - This is me totally, although I'm only 5'3ish. My torso is really short and I popped out pretty fast at about 15/16 weeks. It also probably helped that my stomach muscles are not tight at all :lol: So far all my weight gain looks to have gone to that area too so I don't look "pregnant" all around, just in the belly!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Missy0483|1330112196|3133526 said:
monkeyprincess|1330103280|3133399 said:
I’m about 5’6”-ish and all legs (short torso), so I have a feeling there is going to be nowhere for my future bump to go but out!
MP - This is me totally, although I'm only 5'3ish. My torso is really short and I popped out pretty fast at about 15/16 weeks. It also probably helped that my stomach muscles are not tight at all :lol: So far all my weight gain looks to have gone to that area too so I don't look "pregnant" all around, just in the belly!

I think that's part of why I'm not showing yet. I'm 5'7" but my legs and torso are really long (my neck is short and my head is small, ha) so I think the baby just has lots of room. Although with that said, I can tell a huge difference over the past few days/week. I think this is my last weekend in normal jeans.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Quick fly by post to say Sunnyd!! Congrats on the house and on the baby!
You were the LIW listkeeper when I first joined PS in 2008! I've missed seeing you around here :)

Disclaimer: I am neither engaged, married, or pregnant... :tongue:

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Hi! *waves sheepishly* Is there any more room at the JBP party?!

Short of the long, DH and I decided to give TTC a go in 2011. We finally decided there was no "right" time, but, because of my job and scheduling, we either needed to be pregnant before October 2012 or wait until at least 2015. Since we are in our mid-30s and have our ducks in a row, we decided to give to see what happened. Well, after a few unsuccessful months and 8w6d later, here we are.

I decided to use my family practitioner instead of an OB as my doctor through this the pregnancy and for delivery. I had my first post-positive-test appointment with her today. However, since she is not an OB, she didn't have an ultrasound machine in her office. She couldn't find a HB with a doppler. She warned me that it was too early and that we probably wouldn't hear anything yet. I can't get in with an US tech until March 16, which kinda sucks. But, my GP said everything looks fine. I am testing PG, I have symptoms, and have had no red bleeding or bad cramping. I just have to have faith that things are going well and deal with not having US confirmation for three more weeks.

Big congratulations to amc80, monkeyprincess, Dani, PilsnPinkysMom, Buttons, & megumic and any other JBPers I have missed in my lurking over the past few weeks. I really hope we all have a happy and healthy three trimesters together.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

!Kata & Sunny,

Yay!! Congrats, ladies!! :)

MP,

Whoop, whoop! Off by three days is *no* big deal at all. Science isn't precise enough to get stressed over that! :)

Enjoy this ride, friend! We've been looking forward to the journey for so long-- revel in it! :)

So happy to see your post!!

Dani,

How awesome that you scored an early scan. When's the next one? :)

We have 3 short days on the countdown til we see our baby. I'm sooooo excited! I hope I know what I'm looking at! Haha, early US seem to look like what they are not to me. A friend will show me one and I say, "Oh, I see the head," and then they say the head's on the other end. :) Head, rump- I rejoice in it all!!

I cannot tolerate sweets anymore. Chocolate milk is my morning standby, still, though. Baby carrots are my best friend right now, and I lik

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

My phone just wigged out on me. I was going to say I had been wanting mashed potatoes for days & choose that during date night & was not impressed. Silly cravings!

I still have a hard time sleeping through the night & wake up to use the bathroom at 3AM, only to saty up past 5. Frustrating, but I assume it's just a stage and it won't be this way through October. :)

Happy weekend to all! We're going to the zoo on Sunday after church and I'm *so* excited to know that the baby is coming with us. Silly, but true. Haha. :bigsmile:

lili

Ideal_Rock
Re:

fisher--

:appl: :appl: :appl: how exciting!! Can't wait for your u/s next week!!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Katamari!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Don't worry about the heartbeat, my MW couldn't find it on my 11th week appointment with the doppler :D

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congrats katamari! I'd say 8ish weeks is def too early to find a hb with a doppler, although I found a hb with our doppler at home around 9w5d-ish. Just stay positive - March 16 is just around the corner! Welcome and hope your stay is uneventful! What is your EDD??

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh my gosh, all of my former LIWs are here too?! This is going to be fun! :appl:

Kunzite, I'm in Seattle (a suburb), is that where you thought? I picked an OB, I hope I like her...! :cheeky:

Congrats Kata!

Fisher, how exciting, first ultrasound! Your head/rump comment made me LOL.

MP and Missy, I'm with you on the short torso. Baby will be poking out before I know it, I think. I'm a BM in my sister's wedding in June, and I'll be 20 weeks by then. I just counted it. Oh crap, I don't think I'll fit in my dress! We ordered last week! :errrr:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MP - I do have pictures of the beans! I'll try to get them posted in the next week. There are quite a few junk shots :-o I think the tech knew I doubted that there could really be two boys!!

sunny - Sorry, I missed that you'd found someone. Yes, this group delivers at Swedish, First Hill. We're in a suburb too and staying a little closer to home this time (I was always SOOO worried about hitting traffic on the way to the hospital!!). The drive to downtown got to be a little much for our combined 10 week stay. GL!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Fisher, can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes! Your little one will probably be starting to look like a baby, unlike the little blinking blob we saw!

Congrats Katamari!

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Katamari!!! Here's to a healthy and happy 9 months :)

Not much news here. My nausea has almost gone but I am still very easily fatigued. We had DH's parents staying with us this weekend so tuckered out after that :)

Dani hope you feel better soon, hang in there Mommy!

Fisher I am so excited for you for your scan!

Apologies to those I'm missing, my phone doesn't let me read back over the thread while I post. Hope everyone is well and that you all had a lovely weekend!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Kunzite, that's where my SIL will be delivering any day now! She's 39 weeks and soooo over this pregnancy thing. LOL.

missrachelk

Shiny_Rock
Re:

Hi Ladies!

Welcome Katamari - I remember you from BWW days!

I came, I saw, I networked at the conference. It was part blah and part great and overall exhausting! Thank goodness my coworker booked us a 2 bedroom suite instead of a regular room, so at least I had a good nights sleep on Friday. Yesterday I was so tired I took a looong 2.5 hour nap after brunch, then went right to bed after dinner! We had a double date with a great couple we're friends with and told them the good news : ) Sometimes I feel a little sheepish for telling so soon, but I was raedy to tell! I recently found out taht this couple had a MC before their son and they didn't tell anyone until something like 14 weeks after that experience.

Today, I feel like crap, after a reprieve over the last few days - I had felt really good not very nauseous at all. Today nausea is back plus I have a sore throat / headache / neckache. Blah! I tired to get a massage for my neck but can't get seen until after 12 weeks. I suppose that makes sense for liability with early MC but still.

I think I have a small bump / thickening going on, or it's the lovely 1st tri bloat sticking around. My new larger jeans are wonderful, but I really want to wear PJ's and sweats! I want my belly pics to all be in the same outfit so I need to get on the stick so we can get started this week. I'm thinking a long (or knee length) stretchy nightgown / dress that will go the distance with me. I can't believe my belly will be out to there so soon with a baby!

Best wishes to Fisher for your scan! I'm getting antsy for my first midwife appt next week and wondering what all will go on. Also starting to contemplate testing. I know I want to do the NT scan and bloodwork, has anyone else though of doing CVS or only if something indicates getting it like age or family history? We would want to know if there was something out of the ordinary, just to be prepared.

that's all I've got for now!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Miss RachelK - We are doing the NT scan as well. I think they typically advise to do the NT scan first and only consider further testing (CVS or amnio) if you have an elevated risk according to the NT scan. Both CVS and amnio come with a small risk of miscarriage, so I personally would not consider doing either unless my NT scan indicated the likelihood of a serious issue. For my first pregnancy, our NT results were as good as they get, so we did not consider any further testing. If our results show an elevated risk this time, we would have to weigh the pros and cons of the more invasive testing. I lean towards wanting more information, so I would probably opt for testing. Part of it is practicality - DH and I both work demanding careers, don't live close to family and our toddler is in daycare and that's the plan for this baby as well. If we found out we were expecting a baby with special needs that couldn't go to daycare at 12 weeks, we would need the extra time to adjust and plan for the future.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi guys!

For those of you with bad morning sickness, I'd like to say that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Mine was every day/all day from 6 weeks, but I think it's gone! I've said this before and it's come back to haunt me, but I think it's really true this time. I haven't had to take my zofran in almost a week. I still get a little icky feeling in the evenings sometimes, but nothing like it was. So sometime between week 15 and 16 (I'm 16 weeks today) it went away. Going off the zofran also solved the constipation problem, so I am really feeling a whole lot better these days.

Oh, but now if I'm hungry I'll dry heave over and over until I eat. But still better than nausea!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1330448526|3136394 said:
Hi guys!

For those of you with bad morning sickness, I'd like to say that there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Mine was every day/all day from 6 weeks, but I think it's gone! I've said this before and it's come back to haunt me, but I think it's really true this time. I haven't had to take my zofran in almost a week. I still get a little icky feeling in the evenings sometimes, but nothing like it was. So sometime between week 15 and 16 (I'm 16 weeks today) it went away. Going off the zofran also solved the constipation problem, so I am really feeling a whole lot better these days.

Oh, but now if I'm hungry I'll dry heave over and over until I eat. But still better than nausea!

amc, glad you are feeling better! That's a long time to feel sixk. I'm probably crazy, but I almost wish I had morning sickness just for some reassurance that baby is still there and growing!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

MissRachel, the window on the CVS is in the 10-12 week time frame and Amnio is at 15-20 weeks, I think. People tend to pick CVS over Amnio if they would do anything with the results as you find out much earlier in the pregnancy. If I recall correctly, you may not be able to get an NT scan first and then a CVS as you would miss the window by the time you get the results from the NT back.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

monkeyprincess|1330450055|3136421 said:
Hi guys!

amc, glad you are feeling better! That's a long time to feel sixk. I'm probably crazy, but I almost wish I had morning sickness just for some reassurance that baby is still there and growing!

Shhhhhh! I said that too...definitely regretted it! It was WAY too long to feel crappy every single day.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys!

That IS crazy!! :cheeky: I understand what you mean, but no thanks! Haha.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

sunnyd|1330463275|3136615 said:
Hi guys!

That IS crazy!! :cheeky: I understand what you mean, but no thanks! Haha.

Sunnyd, my DH thinks I'm crazy too! But honestly, I'm just so worried about this baby because it's been a rocky road so far, and the baby was measuring 3-4 days small at my ultrasound last week. A little bit of morning sickness (not a lot) would be reassuring. Just can't seem to shake the worry and am driving myself crazy!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh ladies, I would not wish this on anyone!!! I have been SO SO NAUSEOUS every day, all day since I last posted. It starts early in the am, and finally starts to get better around 4pm. No vomiting, just constant nausea. I finally broke down today and called myself in some Zofran. What relief!!! I actually felt like a semi-normal person for a few hrs after that. For those that don't have m/s, you're so lucky and I hope it stays that way!!! To think that I would have to go 16 wks with this just kills me.... ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results