shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your cabachon settings!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I've seen so many beautiful cabs lately, and I've been wondering how to mount these beauties in a secure, but beautiful way.

Any of you that have cabs mounted, please give us details and pictures!

melave

Shiny_Rock
HI

I am not sure if what i have is what you are chasing pictures of :)

This is my cats eye alexandrite set. They are 4mm stones set in white and rose gold. I love the pendant, but not sure on the ring now.

i have another set of these alexandrites and a small cabochon ruby that would like to set one day, just not sure how.

bubbles.JPG

bubble 6.JPG

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh! Uppy I've sort of been waiting for this "goody gumdrops" thread. :love: Not that I've got one waiting to be set, I just want them all in one place!! :bigsmile:

Melave I love your Bubbles set - dainty and different :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
James Meyer sets lots of cabs, and it's worth taking a look at his website.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Melave: that is a beautiful set!

I've had this chrysoprase ring from WingedLion on Etsy for a while. I don't wear it too often because it's kind of bulky (and I didn't account for it when ordering, got my normal size, so it barely fits on my finger). But my FI stole it for a while and wore it as a pinky ring. That was fun :mrgreen:

IMG_2847 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2853 - Copy.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
So none of these are mine but I have saved them in my "inspiration" folder. Also I can't find a picture of them but I love BB's stacker set....so swoon worthy...at least I think they belong to BB (comissioned by JKT)- I confuse people with their jewelry on PS sometimes :((

EDIT: Hmmm...the first picture looks like a faceted stone but when I saved it I thought it was a carbachon. My bad! Regardless I would love that setting with a red spinel cab in it :naughty: :cheeky:

il_430xN_169403934.jpg

Attachments

• spinelring.bmp
    369.2 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 3.bmp
    506.3 KB · Views: 1,166

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
My tiny 6x4 star sapphire passed down from my great-grandmother (She bought them in the 70s).
DSCF0092.jpg

It is in dire need of a polishing, I wear it everyday! The stone is less opaque IRL, But this is the best pic of the star I have.

My other is an opal cut by Michael E in a setting that was also from my great-grandmother
Pear%20Opal1.jpg
DSCF0205.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this Hunt Country Jewelers cabochon setting - I'd like to use it in an upcoming project (either a sapphire cab or a rose-cut diamond)

2384.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
melave|1329369235|3127232 said:
HI

I am not sure if what i have is what you are chasing pictures of :)

This is my cats eye alexandrite set. They are 4mm stones set in white and rose gold. I love the pendant, but not sure on the ring now.

i have another set of these alexandrites and a small cabochon ruby that would like to set one day, just not sure how.

I love these!! Who did them for you?

melave

Shiny_Rock
Oh thanks :)

It was Lyndsay Himes Burr on etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ellebeejewelry?ref=seller_info

She was great to work with. I love the pendant and it gets worn often but the ring not so much. i got it made for my middle finger, so maybe that's why. I saw one of her other ring designs that i would have loved to have gotten made. I might still do it :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my star sapphire set by Hearts of Water on Etsy.

IMG_0480.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1329422021|3127526 said:
So none of these are mine but I have saved them in my "inspiration" folder. Also I can't find a picture of them but I love BB's stacker set....so swoon worthy...at least I think they belong to BB (comissioned by JKT)- I confuse people with their jewelry on PS sometimes :((

EDIT: Hmmm...the first picture looks like a faceted stone but when I saved it I thought it was a carbachon. My bad! Regardless I would love that setting with a red spinel cab in it :naughty: :cheeky:

One of my all time favorite rings, a huge red mahenge spinel. Unfortunately, I'm not Liz Taylor. ;( I think the piece was created by Nomad.

file.php

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Love this! this is your avatar. May I ask where you got the stone? I' love it! :wavey:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sapphirecats|1329447930|3127876 said:
Love this! this is your avatar. May I ask where you got the stone? I' love it! :wavey:
I'm guessing you mean me?

It's from The Gem Trader, it's definitely the crown jewel of my right hand rings...and may even give my wedding a set a run for the money since I think the star sapphire would be much harder to replace, even though it would cost much less than my ering.

Here is a link to the unset stone if you're interested
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/violet-star-sapphire-photos.150649/?hilit=star sapphire

And the ring
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...from-sally-photos.157470/?hilit=star sapphire

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pink tourmaline and emerald cabochon ring from JKT. Sorry for the bad photos. The lighting wasn't the best and I haven't had a chance to take better pictures. The tourmaline is from Dana and it is a much brighter pink color in person.

Uppy, I get a lot of ideas for cabochon setting from antique and vintage jewelry. Some of the details in this ring were inspired by an elaborate Art Noveau ring with a moonstone cabochon.

BG Pink Tourmaline Ring 1.jpg

BG Pink Tourmaline Ring.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here's one that's been in my inspiration folder for a long time. I wonder how much it would cost to make?

il_fullxfull.97317639.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1329427941|3127589 said:
I love this Hunt Country Jewelers cabochon setting - I'd like to use it in an upcoming project (either a sapphire cab or a rose-cut diamond)

2384.jpg
Love this too! It made me go look through their pictures, and now I'm hooked!

hunt country jewelers.jpg

hunt again.jpg

love this Hunt Country.jpg

hunt.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Upgradable|1329478180|3128030 said:
Here's one that's been in my inspiration folder for a long time. I wonder how much it would cost to make?

It doesn't look particularly complex to make - simple band, simple engraving - but it looks like it has plenty of gold. The granulation around the bezel is going to drive up the cost and make it harder to find someone to make it. Granulation is a pretty specialized technique. I have a feeling that some jewelers might try to substitute the granulation for beaded wire. In my opinion, while that would lower the cost considerably, it would also ruin the look, as beaded wire will never be that delicate.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
thank you so much. I would love to have a blue star sapphire with diamonds one day. I love your ring so pretty!
:wavey:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely rings! And since Canuk_gal hasn't shown up to post her stunning prehnite, it seems I'll just have to do it for her :bigsmile:

Prehnite-22ct-canuk-gal-pricescope.jpg

canukgal-prehnite-sides-bluish-lustre.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starzin|1329537158|3128575 said:
Lovely rings! And since Canuk_gal hasn't shown up to post her stunning prehnite, it seems I'll just have to do it for her :bigsmile:

WHOA NELLY!!!! Oh WOW! that's beautiful - lets hope Sharon can pop in and give more details (or I guess I *could* search it out myself....!)

empress

Shiny_Rock
Carnelian from Wildfish. Custom 22k goldsetting from GB Heron Jewelers in Bellingham, Washington.

Carnelian part top 2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results