shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a nice aquamarine cushion cut stone

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Am looking for your help! My friend is looking to create a Tiffany legacy style ring with a cushion cut aquamarine to celebrate the birth of her daughter and has asked for my help. I have searched a lot of the sites mentioned on this forum but am struggling to find a cushion cut aqua that is a nice blue colour rather than ones that seem windowed and grey or very pale. Have any of you happened across a nice looking, reasonably saturated cushion aqua whilst browsing anywhere?? Prob in the 1-3 carat range.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Karen

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reenie|1329252273|3126206 said:
Hi All,

Am looking for your help! My friend is looking to create a Tiffany legacy style ring with a cushion cut aquamarine to celebrate the birth of her daughter and has asked for my help. I have searched a lot of the sites mentioned on this forum but am struggling to find a cushion cut aqua that is a nice blue colour rather than ones that seem windowed and grey or very pale. Have any of you happened across a nice looking, reasonably saturated cushion aqua whilst browsing anywhere?? Prob in the 1-3 carat range.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Karen

Saturated blue aquas are almost non-existent, they almost always have some grey. However, if you want a blue aqua that isn't washed out, then ask Jeff White of Whitesgems.com. He's cut some lovely gems for people, and while he is a precision lapidary and charges a premium for that, it's important to get a well cut aqua, as they don't really have super saturated color going for them.

Here's an example of a Jeff White cushion aqua with dark tone, and nice faceting.

file.php

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
I second Jeff White. IMO he has very competitive pricing for aqua considering the material he offers.

If you prefer something already cut, aquamarine-525 was my favorite when I visited Gemfix. I would have bought it if it was bigger, and the color looked way better in person than the online picture. IMO the description is much more accurate. http://www.gemfix.com/aquamarine.html

Reenie

Rough_Rock
Thanks both. I will get in touch with Jeff White and see if he has any suitable rough. That stone he cut is gorgeous!

THanks again!

Karen

VAgemguy

Rough_Rock
I've been considering a similar aqua project too, and I'm interested in hearing what Jeff can offer. Please report back. :D

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have an antique cut aqua from Jeff similar to the one pictured that I'm extremely happy with. It is paler, not nearly as saturated per my request. Jeff is great to work with and offers some great advise. He also cut a seafoam green tourmaline for me which I have set into a Tiffany Legacy style setting that is one of my favorite pieces. Jeff is by far by favorite cutter.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results