shape
carat
color
clarity

Eternity band reset?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I currently have a 3 1/2 ct princess cut prong set eternity band. It's BEAUTIFUL, but 18KT white gold. Everything else I have is platinum.. I didn't think it would bother me, but it does. How much should I expect to pay to get someone to switch the mounting to platinum? Do you think it would be cheaper to just sell it on ebay and buy the platinum version?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
no idea- I would contact a PS vendor and get a quote for a new band- and then a quote for a remake. I would think that it would be cheaper to use your stones since you are able to reuse the 3.5 carats of princess cut stones.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Depending on the style of the platinum band, and it's weight, you can expect to pay around $1,900, presuming that it's a single row band, perhaps shared prongs too. The reason? Platinum is expensive, and the labor involved in taking the diamonds out of it's original setting, and resetting them into the new platinum band. Most jewelers will allow you to scrap the old setting and apply the amount towards the new setting. I'd advise making sure your ring is insured prior to having the work done as princess cuts are easier to chip while setting than rounds are, and I don't know many jewelers who want to take the responsibility for diamonds they did not sell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results