shape
carat
color
clarity

what did you do with your e-ring during the ceremony?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
What did you do (or what do you plan to do) with your e-ring during the ceremony?

wear it on your left hand and switch after the ceremony
wear it on your right hand
have it on the ring pillow
have someone else hold it/wear it
other...

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I think I'm just going to wear mine on my right hand.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
My sister (MOH) wore mine. My right hand is usually too big for my ering.

can I just wear it on my ring finger and change the order of the bands later? my right hand is a whole size bigger so that wont work.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I wore my ering on my left hand. After the ceremony I switched them around.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wore mine on my right hand and then switched it after the ceremony

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wore it on my left hand like usual, DH put the band in front, and I switched them right before the reception.

I wanted all three rings to be in all the hand pictures.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wore it on my right hand. Then after the ceremony, I put my e-ring back on, above the band.

paris29

Shiny_Rock
I've been pondering the same question. As soon as my e-ring is ready my promise ring is moving over to my right ring finger. Since I'm getting two wedding bands, I think I will put one w-band then my e-ring on my left ring finger the day of the wedding that way my FH can just place the 2nd of the two wedding bands on top of my e-ring during the ceremony. I would suggest wearing your e-ring on your right hand though and just adjusting everything after the ceremony.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Laila619 said:
I just wore it on my right hand. Then after the ceremony, I put my e-ring back on, above the band.
That's what I did, too.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
My Mum wore mine during the ceremony. We were half way through the wedding breakfast before I realised she still had it I had wanted to be wearing it for our bridal shots but never mind!

I couldn't switch it to my right hand as I was wearing a sapphire ring that was my old and blue from my MIL! It was supposed to be a borrowed too but she let me keep it since we had to resize it to fit my finger. Bless her!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I wore it where I always had it- on my left hand. The wedding band just went right up against it when he slid it on my finger. ::)

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wore it on my right hand and switched it over to my left at some point later, I guess after we were done walking down the aisle and were waiting in the receiving line or something.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
mscushion said:
Laila619 said:
That's what I did, too.

Yup. I put the e-ring back after the ceremony so that I have the complete set in most of my wedding pictures.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
He put both my e-ring and wedding band on my hand during the ceremony together. I wanted to do it this way in case I ever just wear the e-ring on it's own...then it is technically also my wedding ring.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I had it on my right hand for the ceremony and than moved it to my left hand afterwards.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
LtlFirecracker said:
I had it on my right hand for the ceremony and than moved it to my left hand afterwards.

me too!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore my engagement ring on my right hand during the ceremony. At some point either during the ceremony or right after (on our way to the receiving line), I switched it to my left.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I was married on Sunday and had my ering on my right hand and switched it to my left on the way to the reception.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine on my left hand. My wedding band went on top of it during the ceremony, then I switched them right after (while DH was signing the marriage license). I could've wedged my e-ring onto my right hand, but when I tried it, I just felt sort of naked . . . so left hand it was.

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
I wore it on my left hand and left my wedding band on top because I like how it looks, like a little hat ::)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
swingirl said:
This is what I did too! Nobody knew the difference. :))

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
mscushion said:
Laila619 said:
That's what I did, too.

Me too. It seems to be the most common choice.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
I was planning on wearing it on my right hand and moving it over during the ceremony after he put the wedding band on my finger, but MIL gave me a ring to wear on my RH during the ceremony. It was his grandmother's engagement ring, so I wore that on my right hand, my e-ring on the left, and then just reversed the w-band and e-ring after the ceremony.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
princessplease|1287144907|2738108 said:
mscushion said:
Laila619 said:
That's what I did, too.

Me too. It seems to be the most common choice.

Same.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
jjdav|1287098428|2737705 said:
I wore it on my left hand and left my wedding band on top because I like how it looks, like a little hat ::)

I was married five months ago and have been wearing the ering on top of the wedding band since. But for the last few days I've switched them around and I just love the look!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore it on my left hand- my right hand is 3/4 a size bigger so it only fits on my left hand.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mayerling|1328866678|3123048 said:
jjdav|1287098428|2737705 said:

I was married five months ago and have been wearing the ering on top of the wedding band since. But for the last few days I've switched them around and I just love the look!

i remember when one of my aunts got married, she kept pondering this and asking my other aunt for her advice. they all wear their e-rings on the inside, and band on the outside, contrary to usual tradition, because the diamond's on the e-ring, thus more expensive, and they feel it's 'safer' inside. it's how it was worn during the ceremony, and forever.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
missjaxon said:
swingirl said:
This is what I did too! Nobody knew the difference. :))
this is exactly what I did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results