carat
color
clarity

Only $20?? Just wanted some info...

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
Hello PS Community,

:wavey:

Sorry for the 2 posts in as many days ... (I hope I posted this in the correct area as well... I am very new to all of this so apologies in advance if I make an error somewhere).

Today I was on my way home and noticed that a pawnshop was going out of business and today was their last day - so i thought what the heck and why not? There wasnt much left but a cute little ring caught my eye so I asked (who I presume) is the owner who told me its only $20. He didnt know much about it except that it was 14K white and yellow gold with a diamond (a very very small one but thats fine with me)... I only asked him that because I noticed that there was no markings what so ever inside the ring. I always thought there should be some kind of marking for atleast the gold used on rings? His explanation was that it may have been resized and the markings were removed during that.

Anyways to make a long story short ... I am happy with the price - I mean what can you get with $20 these days anyways?!? I did a quick google search and found my identical ring here:

http://www.trocadero.com/aawsomantiquejewelry/items/961313/item961313store.html

This is were my confusion comes in :confused: ... the site claims it is Traub Orange Blossom & Art Deco yet looking at the other pictures/websites this ring and style doesnt seem like it. I know it is a long shot but how do I go about determining what this ring is? Authentic? Fake? Reproduction? I know that I can visit a jewellers to determine whether the gold and diamond are real but inregards to everything else am I out of luck.

If anyone has taken the time to read this far than thank you so very much...Im sorry I tend to ramble and hope that I was able to clearly get my questions across.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Are you asking because the goal is to flip it or just out of curiousity and you ultimately want to keep it?

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
I dont want to flip it ... I like it ... its just plain old curiosity.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could always e-mail the seller on the site you posted, tell them you have an identical ring without markings, and that you were curious how they knew the maker of the ring to be Orange Blossom. Maybe their ring does have markings?

Can you post photos of your ring?

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the suggestion and taking the time to respond ... I had not thought of emailing the site/company. Unfortunately sorry I cant post any pics of the ring since the iphone camera is horrible at taking close ups... it just looks like a gold shiny blob :cheeky: .

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
Well I just got an email back from the website and was told basically they do not do online appraisals (that was not what I had wanted or perhaps I am not wording my questions properly) and they wouldnt send me any pictures of the markings on the inside of the ring. So I guess I am out of luck. :((

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
Liz,

Thank you so much for the links!! I guess it is not the ring from the website...just a copycat but I still like it. If that is the case is it odd that it doesnt have even a gold K marking on it?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could very well be that the first ring that you posted is not an Orange Blossom ring, and that's why the seller was evasive in his responses to you. So, it could well be that you have a nice vintage ring, but not necessarily from that maker. If you have a shop near you, that specializes in estate pieces, maybe you can bring the ring in with you to see what they have to say about it?

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the response ... and I guess that could be the case about the ring I posted but either way I am pleased with the ring I bought and if I can find a shop near me that specializes in estate/antique jewellery I might give that a try.

Again thanks for the suggestions and help everyone.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an odd response from the seller of the ring on the website! It makes sense to want to see the hallmarks as a buyer

Jewel_Huntress

Rough_Rock
That is what I thought too... I had also asked where the hallmarks were so I could compare them to my ring but no response. Either way I like my ring and one day if I get my hands on a camera I will post some pics here and have better luck trying to figure it out! :D

Thanks for your response.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results