shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you buy this diamond?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
and what would you think a fair price for a stone like this would be? If you can't see it is an N, VS1 with a strong blue, triple excellent, rates 1.3 on the HCA.

65026-1.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would see it in person to decide, if I had not see an modern RB that color before. I would see it loose.

As to price, I am not sure. Primary market? Not many comps out there. If its a respected online vendor I am sure they are asking a fair price. Whether the price is good *for you* depends on if it is exactly what you want... don't comprimise too much.

If it was an old cut, I would like it even more. I think OECs look better than RBs in the warmer tones. I know you want a modern RB, but you also want size. Have you seen a really well cut OEC in person?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I'm waiting to hear a price. I just do not like old cuts so its a no go for me. I saw pictures and yes it is warm. But faces up pretty white in most light. I saw a picture of it side by side with stone #1 and it looks very simiLar and the color didn't bother me. I don't know why I am so nervous.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Dp

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
GIA N is on the left EGL H is on the right.

mail-1.jpeg

mail.jpeg

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like a beautiful stone from the pictures, as far as color that varies by personal preference. What color might be great to me might not be for you.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I do like a warmer stone...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a thread I made comparing an AGS mcolor AVC to an AGS I/J color RB. I tried to capute all the different looks of an M colored stone. It was lovely and in some lighting it looked very white, shockingly white. But there was *no doubt* it was a tinted stone. It looks very buttery in some lighting, creamy in others, and deep russet or burnt umber in other lighting environments. An N color stone will be similar. If you embrace the color and love it, it will be great. But if you dont want a tinted stone and home an N won't look like that, you will be disappointed.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-compared-to-a-bgd-round-brilliant.165243/?hilit=august']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/august-vintage-cushion-compared-to-a-bgd-round-brilliant.165243/?hilit=august[/URL]

Here is Bright Ice's large N color RB, which I think shows the lemony look N color stones can also have:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-by-victor-canera.161276/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-by-victor-canera.161276/[/URL]

Another N color RB:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-by-victor-canera.161276/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sophia-french-cut-solitaire-by-victor-canera.161276/[/URL]

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
If your not worried about warmer color the next thing is cut and it looks like it's cut beautifully :love: Between these two stones the N would be my choice hands down.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Now my question is I can get a J VS2 GIA VG/VG/G in a slightly smaller size for about $1000 more, it scores 1.2 on the HCA. Is it worth it?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Yes. It is worth it.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me, yes it is worth it :))

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to keep looking.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would not choose a "N" colored round brilliant cut stone for an engagement ring ... or a ring of any kind really. Especially in a larger size. Don't think I could go lower than GIA "K" -- and even that is pushing it. For what it's worth, during our original search I passed up a 3ct "K" asscher for a 1.5 ct H. (Both GIA).

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1328820590|3122574 said:
I would not choose a "N" colored round brilliant cut stone for an engagement ring ... or a ring of any kind really. Especially in a larger size. Don't think I could go lower than GIA "K" -- and even that is pushing it. For what it's worth, during our original search I passed up a 3ct "K" asscher for a 1.5 ct H. (Both GIA).

:-o I don't think I would have had the willpower, myself!

To the OP-I would definitely go for the J over the N for an e-ring, unless you want to really embrace the warmth. I wouldn't mind a lower colored stone for either a RHR or a pendant, but for an e-ring I think a diamond as low as an N would bother me. And I don't really need higher color for a diamond to be mind clean for me. I can tell the difference between colors (I have a G for my e-ring, 2 I earrings and a K pendant) and can definitely tell the difference, but warmer stones don't bother me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1328821164|3122582 said:
HA! If you'd seen it ... I'm fairly sure you'd have made the same choice! Even had blue flor -- just. couldn't. do. it. Ginger Ale. That's how I'd describe it. And it looked horrific w/my pinky/blueish skintone. If it's undertones had been grayish rather than brownish/yellow MAYBE. It was, in the words of Donald Trump, 'UGE.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1328821800|3122586 said:
thing2of2|1328821164|3122582 said:
HA! If you'd seen it ... I'm fairly sure you'd have made the same choice! Even had blue flor -- just. couldn't. do. it. Ginger Ale. That's how I'd describe it. And it looked horrific w/my pinky/blueish skintone. If it's undertones had been grayish rather than brownish/yellow MAYBE. It was, in the words of Donald Trump, 'UGE.

Okay, fair enough-you made the right choice! Possibly. Maybe. :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results