shape
carat
color
clarity

"Just Barely" Pregnant PS''ers

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Woo congrats fisher! Fingers crossed for doubling betas! My bday is oct 7!

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
Re: Re:

fisherofmengirly|1328318631|3118629 said:
First post in a pregnancy thread as a preggo. Eek!!

Hello, fellow preggos. :)

I just found out this week that my husband and I are expecting our first baby! We took a LONG road to get here, and are thankful beyond words for the joy of this moment & phase of our lives.

We were TTC for nearly 4 years, and I underwent all the tests & I have irregular cycles. Doctor told us that was the only issue, and so what if it took a long time? There's a child within me! Yay!!! :)

Took the test Jan 31, went to the doctor the following morning for beta testing. That came back 491 & progesterone was 21.31, so I'm very excited! Had my follow up beta today, results Monday. Double baby, double.

I haven't read the stories here, but I will try to catch up as I go along.

Are there are other newly preggos around? I'm guessing I'm due October 6-9, based on FF.

OMG. Fisher. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You don't know me but I followed your story for a really long time and have always held out hope that you would get your baby (whether via adoption or naturally). I'm SO happy for you!!! Really...what an amazing post to read :)

Hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you, Muff. :bigsmile:

So, this morning I ran a whole load of laundry without any detergent. How soon can I start blaming goofy things like that on pregnancy? :naughty:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Fisher, congratulations again! So happy for you! Your little one is going to be one special bean!

AMC, congrats on a clear NT scan! Sigh of relief... Nice picture too!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock

fisherofmengirly|1328365087|3118891 said:
Thank you, Muff. :bigsmile:

So, this morning I ran a whole load of laundry without any detergent. How soon can I start blaming goofy things like that on pregnancy? :naughty:

I did the EXACT same thing very early on in my pregnancy too!!!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hey ladies, I was thinking that since many of us will be moving onto the big girl thread soon, maybe we should play a little guessing game before all of the anatomy/gender scans happen in a couple of weeks? Do any of you have a feeling on what you or any of the other ladies in this thread are having - boy or girl? I do! If you want to play, let's do it! I totally understand if you don't want people guessing so just say the word if you are not interested in this goofy game!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Lizzy! I want to play! I want to play!! I've starting posting on the 12+ week preggo thread, BUT, I have some hunches about all of the ladies over here! What is the best way to cast our votes?

Fish: WELCOME!!! Once you are growing a babe, I think it is 100% okay to blame all absentmindedness on the bean. I have not yet washed a load of laundry sans-detergent, but I did wash a load of dishes sans dish detergent. Same thing, right?

AMC: Your long-legged little one is a cutie pie. Glad everything looks well and wonderful!

Megumic: Hi there, lady! :wavey: How are you feeling? How is your bump coming along? Any growth??

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi all!!

I've been quietly following this thread over the past few months. MH and I have been TTC since September. I've tried not to think about it too much, as I'm in the field and ignorance is bliss :)) My cycles have been all over the place (24-32 days), but AF was a couple of days late this month, so I decided to test this am with FMU. Much to my surprise, this is what I saw!!! I didn't believe the first one, so I proceeded to take 2 more. ;)) I'm cautiously optimistic, but hey, I'm very much a "what's meant to be will be" type of person, so lets see what happens!!!!

Happy Superbowl Sunday to all!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

2012-02-05 09.43.05.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

OMG DANI!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :appl: :appl: :appl: sending lots of sticky dust too!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you so much Skippy!!!

I really am in utter disbelief. When I took the test this am, I was totally expecting another complete and utter negative just like the past months have been. I just couldn't believe it. I suffer from some pretty bad PMS/cramping every month with AF, and this month has been no different, so I've been totally expecting to get my period any minute now. I've had some pretty WICKED cramping, but no bleeding, and its like all of a sudden (well, since I took the tests, lol) I am nauseous, and the only thing I can stomach is lemonade. I've been so thirsty over the past few weeks (alot more than normal) and that's all I've been drinking!!! Also, I'm sure its just my mind playing tricks on me, but I've only had about 1/2 of my normal appetite this week (and for those of you that "know" me, you know I love to eat)!!!! So its very strange!!!

I'm just in shock!!! :-o

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Oh I was super thirsty too in the beginning. Are you tired? aww, hugs. Have hubby go out and get you lemonade. HUGS, I am so happy for you!!! :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

No, not tired. Just feel like I'm hungover. I did have a glass of wine at dinner last night, so not enough to warrant this feeling. I don't know, maybe if I didn't test this am I wouldn't feel this way?? I think the mind totally can play tricks on you. HA!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Congrats Dani, and welcome! I was in disbelief at first too, and even now at almost 13 weeks I am still in disbelief! It's a weird feeling for sure. I too felt hungover for the first 12 weeks and the thirst never went away for me. Constant thirst! Very exciting - congrats to you lady!

PPM heya lady! Things are going well. I'm definitely thicker, but I just look like my normal self with a thick torso. LOL. If I have to pee I look kinda preg, but then it goes away. My mom can notice the difference and so can DH, but nobody else can. My jeans are just starting to get a little snug now, so definitely growing, but no real bump so to speak!

lizzy i am so down for your game! How do we play?

AFM, nothing to update except we shared with the extended fam and some more friends this weekend. Everyone is so excited for us, which feels nice since I have felt stressed about sharing.

In other news, I just found out that an old friend/acquaintance that I grew up with and currently live near is pregnant and due about 2 weeks after me. She isn't married, doesn't own a home, etc. but accidentally got pregnant with a guy she was seeing who we also grew up with. He wanted her to abort but she didn't want to and he doesn't really want to help her. She is 28 and a teacher with job security, etc. but her extended family is not very stable and doesn't ahve the ability to be overly supportive. She has told only 3 friends and her mom so far, and I only know b/c one of the friends she told, told me. I just plain feel for her and I want to try to support her. We were never close friends, but I feel like being due so close that it will change our relationship now and probably forever. I want her to feel happy and excited and enjoy her pregnancy, despite the situation she is in. Any advice on how to handle this? I just want to be as supportive as I can. I cannot imagine being in her shoes and I have no doubt she will be just fine and be a great mom, but I just feel for her. She is doing this alone and that seems so darn scary. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Here is my 12 week pic - check out that tiny face!

12 weeks..jpg

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

Dani|1328474813|3119670 said:
Hi all!!

I've been quietly following this thread over the past few months. MH and I have been TTC since September. I've tried not to think about it too much, as I'm in the field and ignorance is bliss :)) My cycles have been all over the place (24-32 days), but AF was a couple of days late this month, so I decided to test this am with FMU. Much to my surprise, this is what I saw!!! I didn't believe the first one, so I proceeded to take 2 more. ;)) I'm cautiously optimistic, but hey, I'm very much a "what's meant to be will be" type of person, so lets see what happens!!!!

Happy Superbowl Sunday to all!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

OMG Dani!! Congratulations girlie! I knew it would happen for you - just had a feeling!! :) Don't have to adjust your computer settings to see that you are preggo!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thank you so much Meg & Muff!!!! :))

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Re:

CONGRATS DANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIsher, so fun to see you on this thread for real ;)) :appl: :appl: :appl:

Meg, you sound like a great friend! I would just walk along side her and take your cues from her. If she wants to be excited and talk about baby stuff then go with it...i she wants to talk about fears, go with that...if she wants help finding resources do that. My guess is once you open the door on a friendship you'll get to know her more and will have a better sense of what she's feeling and what she wants.

Okay, back to lurking:)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Welcome to all of the new folks!

I'm in for a gender guessing game. Sounds fun!

So I got some fun information on Friday. A friend of mine (not close, we used to do karate together, and she just had a baby in December...basically just facebook friends) is a sonographer. She offered to do an U/S on me in a couple of weeks to possibly figure out the gender. From everything I've read, you can see the parts fairly well after about 15 weeks (even 14, depending on the baby), assuming you hhave a skilled sonographer. Sign me up! I'm so excited that I might know if baby is a he or a she in just a couple of weeks. So much better than waiting another 7 or so for my growth scan at 20 weeks!!

And in other exciting news, I think the morning sickness is officially gone! Except for a few hours where I felt icky last night (which may or may not be attributed to the gallon of onion dip I ate while watching the Super Bowl), I have felt great since last Wednesday. Being off the Zofran is great, and my (TMI) bowels are back to normal. Thank God! It's amazing how much better you feel when you can...go....HA!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Hi ladies,

I am cautiously dipping my toes in over here. I was an active poster on the TTC and preggo threads several years ago when I had my DD, who is now 26 months old. I am now 7 weeks with my 2nd and due 9/24. We were shocked to get pregnant basically on the first try this time as our DD was conceived after 9 months of TTC and using Clomid.

Fisher, I remember you from my first go round on the TTC thread and am so happy for you. I am thinking good thoughts and praying for a sticky bean for you - I don't think the beta doubling rule is a strict one, I think as long as it is rising significantly that is a good sign.

Congrats to all the other newly preggo ladies, I am looking forward to getting to know you as well as getting reacquainted with some familiar faces (I think ChinaCat and SugarPie were also pregnant with me last time).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Hi everyone! Still recovering from our Patriots loss last night! Here in Massachusetts we don't take it that well!

AMC, awesome that you'll be able to get a looksy at baby's gender early! That should be fun! Also glad to hear that the morning sickness is letting up for you. Doesn't it feel good to WANT to eat again and ENJOY it??!!

Dani, congratulations and welcome! How far along do you think you are? I was also a lemonade junky in the beginning. Now I've moved onto orange juice!

November, congratulations and welcome! I"m also prego with baby #2!

Meg, pretty picture! Glad your scan went well! As far as the friend who is pregnant, I'm sure she will be happy to have someone to share being pregnant with. She'll probably have a lot of questions too that she may feel more comfortable talking to you about if she doesn't have many supportive people in her life right now. You're a good friend!

Fisher, I saw your post on the TTC thread about your betas. I am still very positive about those numbers. Betas are supposed to double every 48-72 hours so I think you are in good shape. Will be sending my prayers for continued raising betas! Thinking of you!

China, thanks again for the info on flying and anterior placentas. I am actually getting excited to take a trip just the three of us before life changes with our new addition in July!

AFM, feeling great! Lots more energy! The sun has been shining the last couple of days so that has helped. Currently looking to book a trip to Florida in possibly March. I'd be roughly 23 weeks or so. I feel like I may be starting to feel flutters, but not quite sure yet. I also wanted to mention that I got in the skinny jeans I ordered from Gap with the full panel and they are really comfy. They are a true skinny, so they are definitely more fitted. I also ordered the skinny jeans from Old Navy with the full panel. FYI, I only wear full panel, they are the most comfortable on me. The Old Navy ones are cute but more of a straight leg than a skinny, but I like having that option.

Regarding the gender guessing game, I was going to set up a poll, but that would hide what people choose, so I'm thinking we'll just do it right in this thread. Here is the list of who wants to play so far. If you'd like to play, add your name to the list and copy the full list in your next post. I'm thinking on Wednesday (hump bump day), we can all cast our votes for ourselves and for everyone who wants to participate! Sounds fun!!!!

AMC
Megumic
Pilsnpinkysmom
Lizzyann

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re:

Lizzy I flew four times in my pregnancy with HUnter and three times with Ryder, the latst I flew was 31 weeks which I would not recommend, it was a tough flight. Went through regular metal detector screening as all evidence suggests the screen is safe. I would have opted out of the full body scanner thing they use now in some airports though. I get very motion sick so took gravol (dramamine is I think the same thing? Antihistamine based anti-nausea medication) every time too, in case you wonder about that. It is safe in pregnancy and often prescribed in Canada for severe ms. My only suggestion is to take a larger dose when pregnant if you take it; not larger than the dosage recommendation just more than you might usually take. For example, the dose recommendation is 1-2 tablets, I usually would take 1.5 tablets but when pregnant and all the extra blood etc I needed the full two tablet dose.

I also had an anteriour placenta with HUnter. No issues or anything to consider, just made it harder to feel the baby move.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Re:

DANI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so, so, so, so, so, SOOOOOOO excited for you! Fantastic news!!! I hope you are feeling great. You better be online when you go into labor so we can follow your progress just like you did with all of us! How weird will that be for you to be on the other side?! Hope you get an L&D nurse who is as awesome as you are! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months! I will be following your journey!! HUGE HUGS!!!! :appl:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Welcome DANI, NOVEMBER, and FISHER!!! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Can I play gender guess game? Technically I am way in the other thread, but since I haven't opened the envelope, I can still play, right? Plus I love guessing gender.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

China, your totally in! I have had an idea on you for awhile!

Here's the current list for our game starting Wednesday!

AMC
Megumic
Pilsnpinkysmom
Lizzyann
ChinaCat

I also think that other current prego ladies from the big girl thread, or other ladies checking in here can guess on the above list of gals too!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dreamer, thanks so much for the traveling advice! Regarding the anterior placenta, is it just harder to feel kicks in the beginning or though out the pregnancy? With my DS, I had a posterior placenta and I could literally see punches and kicks! How will it be different later in pregnancy?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Thanks so much everyone for your congrats and well wishes!!!! CONGRATS Fisher & November!!!

Curly- seriously your post made me LOL!!!!! I will totally post from L&D, ha ha!!!!! Thanks so much lady and looking forward to sharing all the juicy details with you!!! :naughty:

Lizzy- I'm literally like a minute preggo. My last period was at the beginning of Jan., so I'm very early.

I'm still guzzling lemonade (crystal light version) like its going out of style. I also feel waves of nausea and a dull headache, just like a hungover feeling. Hate to say it, but don't think that means ANYTHING good. :errrr:

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Re:

Fisher - congrats to you!!!! I had tears of job when I read your update!! :appl:

Welcome Dani and NB!! :wavey:

Oh lizzy, I want to play! How fun! My anatomy scan is next week and I can't wait. I hope both of my beans cooperate!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

lizzyann|1328565203|3120359 said:
Dreamer, thanks so much for the traveling advice! Regarding the anterior placenta, is it just harder to feel kicks in the beginning or though out the pregnancy? With my DS, I had a posterior placenta and I could literally see punches and kicks! How will it be different later in pregnancy?

I had an Anteriour with Hunter and Posteriour with Ryder... the difference was surprising and through the whole pregnancy. With Hunter everything was muted and I never saw kicks on my belly or saw my belly move. Totally different with Ryder. It depends on the exact location of your placenta I imagine. But it was a very stark contrast.

Congrats Dani!!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1328587800|3120664 said:

I had an Anteriour with Hunter and Posteriour with Ryder... the difference was surprising and through the whole pregnancy. With Hunter everything was muted and I never saw kicks on my belly or saw my belly move. Totally different with Ryder. It depends on the exact location of your placenta I imagine. But it was a very stark contrast.

Congrats Dani!!

Damn! I have an anterior placenta and at 17w6d I was hoping to start feeling some kicks soon :(

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

mayerling|1328605356|3120733 said:
Dreamer_D|1328587800|3120664 said:

Congrats Dani!!

Damn! I have an anterior placenta and at 17w6d I was hoping to start feeling some kicks soon :(

I felt kicks! Not too late either, I think around 20-22 weeks? Can't recall. It is just not the same as when there is not a placenta in the way :blackeye: But still magical. Don't worry!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Re:

Dreamer, thanks for the info on anterior. At least I will know not to worry if things feel well "different" than last go round!

Dani, in my opinion morning sickness is a good thing! Lemonade and anything sour does the trick! Try those preggie pops/hard candies. I loved the orange ones.

Kunzite, I'll add you to the list for gender guessing! So excited for you to find out!

Ok, here is the list for our guessing game starting tomorrow! If anyone else wants to be added, just go ahead and add it to the list so you can be included. Anyone can guess on these JBP peeps! You don't have to be prego, so please pop in and vote if you have a feeling on any of us! Oh and don't forget to guess for yourself!! "See" you gals tomorrow!

AMC
Megumic
Pilsnpinkysmom
Lizzyann
ChinaCat
Kunzite - TWINS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results