shape
carat
color
clarity

and again i'm proven wrong: faceted pearls

In the small version of the picture I thought they were just wonky pearls but they have bubble like facets on them! Cool.

Thanks for sharing :mrgreen:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Please buy my share. I don't care for them at all. I can't imagine anyone ruining good quality pearls, so they must be using bad quality when they facet them. They remind me of the Tahitians they counter sunk bezel set diamonds in. Perfect use of pitted pearls.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
as you pointed out, probably not the best of pearls in the first place but certainly a creative use of them and perhaps a way for someone who doesn't have much income to make a living.

my point was that i had your attitude in the past and yet someone somewhere managed to put something together that i didn't like in a way that i did like it [although not enough to buy it].

as i always say in the color stone forum, "there is something for every budget" and while some have champagne taste most also have a beer budget.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
My pearl buying budget is not as large as it used to be. So in order to buy the pearls I love, I decided to save and really love the items to add them to my collection. My criteria is buy the best quality you can afford. This was done after a big faux pax early in my pearl buying. I was talked into buying a strand of freshwater circle`dyed black pearls the seller told me looked just like tahitians. I hadn't purchased a tahitian yet and had never even seen one to know what they should look like. When they arrived the dye was not in all of the deep circle`groves which were a lighter color than the black pearls body. I grabbed a permenent magic marker and colored in the groves (bad move on my part as then I couldn't send them back) No, the magic marker didn't match the dye. The strand only cost $100 and they were what I could afford at that time. They were NO bargain.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1327843434|3114103 said:
My pearl buying budget is not as large as it used to be. So in order to buy the pearls I love, I decided to save and really love the items to add them to my collection. My criteria is buy the best quality you can afford. This was done after a big faux pax early in my pearl buying. I was talked into buying a strand of freshwater circle`dyed black pearls the seller told me looked just like tahitians. I hadn't purchased a tahitian yet and had never even seen one to know what they should look like. When they arrived the dye was not in all of the deep circle`groves which were a lighter color than the black pearls body. I grabbed a permenent magic marker and colored in the groves (bad move on my part as then I couldn't send them back) No, the magic marker didn't match the dye. The strand only cost $100 and they were what I could afford at that time. They were NO bargain.

I am in agreement to with you to get the best quality you can afford. I would rather have one item of high quality than two of lesser quality. Sorry to hear about your past faux pas, but I couldn't help laughing about the permanent marker.

BTW all of your pearls that I've seen are beautiful.

marktaylor9017

Rough_Rock
thanks for your sharing. seems quite cool. anyway, pearls are quite elegant and treasure :twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results