shape
carat
color
clarity

Woohoo!!!

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
I am VERY excited to say that I am now engaged to my best friend! :D

I didn't think he could surprise me, but he did! He caught me when I least expected it...sweat pants on, no make up, mouth full of food, hadn't even brushed my teeth yet lol! I was sitting on my sofa watching TV and eating red beans and rice when I got a text from him that said he was at my door. I was confused because I didn't see any one through the window so I opened it...and there he was down on one knee with the ring in one hand and his phone videoing me in the other. I'm still in shock...I definitely did not expect it, but I'm happy that I was surprised!

It isn't letting me upload pictures right now, but I'll try later! Now I have to go get ready to visit with this family and continue spreading the word :D

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, MrsDrP!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures of your sparkler.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay- congrats!!! We def need pictures!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! That *WAS* quite the unexpected proposal! he sure got you good on that one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But wonderful news! Look forward to the photos to come....

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! :)

Here are a couple pics that I snapped outside with my iPhone yesterday! I'm going to have a little photo shoot with it later to try to get a good one of the diamond's really cool facets. :bigsmile:

ering4.jpg

ering1.jpg

atp223

Shiny_Rock
Congrats MrsDrP!!! Are you still thinking of having the wedding this summer??

I only want to have our wedding in the spring, bc we are having it in the Bahamas where my mother is from/I basically grew up (we spent summers there), so I want the weather to be ideal for everyone...I briefly considered trying to get everything together for April or May of this year, but I just think it will be too stressful and that waiting till 2013 is better. I am very interested in hearing about your plans!!

ETA - I'm interested because I want to know if you think it is possible to pull everything together in time as that may influence me/our timeline - I don't know if that was originally clear :)

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
atp223|1327325194|3109482 said:
Congrats MrsDrP!!! Are you still thinking of having the wedding this summer??

I only want to have our wedding in the spring, bc we are having it in the Bahamas where my mother is from/I basically grew up (we spent summers there), so I want the weather to be ideal for everyone...I briefly considered trying to get everything together for April or May of this year, but I just think it will be too stressful and that waiting till 2013 is better. I am very interested in hearing about your plans!!

ETA - I'm interested because I want to know if you think it is possible to pull everything together in time as that may influence me/our timeline - I don't know if that was originally clear :)

Yes, we are planning a summer wedding, probably in August. Hopefully I will have an exact date set after meeting with our priest this week. For me personally, I don't think I could pull off MY wedding in 3-4 months, mainly because I will probably have around 400 guests and I'm also still a student, so I'm pretty busy (not to mention the Catholic church requires a 6 month minimum engagement). But I do know people who have done it in 3 months! If you have enough time and lots of help I think it can be done! :) I'm so excited now about marrying my sweetheart that even 6 months seems like too long! lol :D

Congratulations on your engagement! Your Bahamas wedding is going to be GORGEOUS! I'm hoping to go on our honeymoon there. Any suggestions? Resorts? Beaches? All-inclusives? Etc... :bigsmile:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
That is awesome!! Congratulations! :appl:

MisakiChan

Rough_Rock
How great! I'm really excited for you! Congrats, girl! :appl:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I think you can do it in 6 months no problem. Easier if you hire a wedding planner! Congrats!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! :appl:

atp223

Shiny_Rock
MrsDrP|1327329874|3109505 said:
Congratulations on your engagement! Your Bahamas wedding is going to be GORGEOUS! I'm hoping to go on our honeymoon there. Any suggestions? Resorts? Beaches? All-inclusives? Etc... :bigsmile:

Thank you!!

My mom is from Nassau, so that is pretty much the only place I ever go (and Paradise Island and Rose Island, which are very close to Nassau), but the Exumas are supposed to be amazing. If I were honeymooning there I would totally look into going there rather than somewhere bigger like Nassau/PI or Freeport. If you want me to ask my uncles that still live there for particular hotels there (as I've never actually been), just let me know!!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! I was wondering where you had disappeared to but I am so glad you came back to let us know you were engaged!

Your ring is so very beautiful!!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Is it a Daussi?

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much! :)

And yes, it is a Daussi. I fell in love with his settings the moment I laid eyes on them. His cushions just spoke to me! They're all different, but none of them have the crushed ice look that I can't stand.

I finally got a picture of the facets of my diamond! :)

facets.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just had to pop back in and tell you how GORGEOUS your ring is MrsDrP!!! I love it - how about some macro shots???? That would up the drool factor a bit!!

Beautiful ring - congrats again :bigsmile:

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, congrats!!! Your ring is so pretty! It sort of looks like a cross between an emerald and a cushion, and it looks so big on your hand! You have lovely hands too--now more picures, please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results