carat
color
clarity

Did LD's collection get moved?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
It was here yesterday. but I was in a hurry and couldn't take the time to look closely. Came back today and no where are the jewels to be found.

LD, I don't know what to say. Its amazing!. I was going to joke about when you were going to open your boutique.

Beautiful stuff. I of course am still atracted to the tanzanite. Wanted to look at all your settings.

Annette

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Annette - Yes I asked Ella to delete it for me. After much reflection, I decided that I had acted rashly after taking new photos and perhaps uploading them all wasn't the best of ideas! As for settings? Honestly, others have much nice settings than I! I've always concentrated more on the stone than the setting - which has it's downside as you end up with tons of stones to set/re-set! Thank you for your lovely comments.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky enough to see pics and the collection is outstanding!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So g.ad I got to see them too ( and pick the onesi wanted)

cm366

Shiny_Rock
:( Missed the show, but I can understand your thinking, LD... I'll just have to pay closer attention in future!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I missed it :((

However since you've apparently taken all these wonderful new photos can I request that you reinstate the photos in your paraiba thread please? I found it the other day and was so disappointed to see all the pictures missing. It may well have been the PS upgrade rather than you deleting them but it seemed a great reference thread to see a number of these wonderful stones together collected over time before they were so well known. I'm sure you'll feel free to say no to that too if you're not comfortable with it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well dang! ;(

but you never answered my question about the orange. LD, are you an orange hater? :shock: :tongue:

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arc - I'm so sorry! Did I miss your question? I thought Minous was the one who asked about oranges???? Maybe you posted a question and because of our time differences the thread was pulled before I saw it?

I do have some oranges (spess, some mandarin citrines, opals etc) but honestly it's not my favourite colour to wear so I don't have as many as other colours. Does that answer it?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Ah...I had seen that one some time ago and thought what an absolutely stunning stone and ring it was/is, particularly with the pool in the background! :)) Just beautiful LD. Thank you for the link and yes, sadly, I do understand.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin - glad you liked it.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I did LD :bigsmile: I forgot to put the 'wink' in my post above...thank you sweetie :love:

ETA: a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duplicate post!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
LIKE them? I took a still so I can go back to the other thread and match the descriptions (I hope you don't mind). It's an astonishingly beautiful collection (and one to be justifiably proud of). Are there 'story' threads to any of them? I guess I can search your posts for that. I will definitely check next weekend! Thank you sooo much for sharing LD - even if fleetingly :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I don't mind! I think you'll struggle comparing to the old thread though because (from memory) that it had pendants in it and a few rings that I haven't recently photographed.

I'm not sure if you've seen one in person? Photos don't do them justice and seem to damp down their glow. It's so tough to explain! The ones you see for sale now seem to lack the "ooooomph" (generally).

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
If I can't match them it won't matter too much because I can see these lovelies in one photo. No I haven't seen one in person because I live in the gemstone backwater known as Australia :bigsmile: I'm not sure one has even hit our shores!!! :lol: But I have a green tourmaline that tries so hard to glow in any glimmer of light that I've recently thought may be cuprian - it's probably not and it's so shallow and windowed (bought in 1996 as a replacement for an amethyst) that I won't bother trying to get it identified - it gives me an small idea of what a true paraiba glow must look like. But the photos of gems such as yours serve to show me just how lovely they are set in quality surrounds. Very different from just looking at high end pics of stones only.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh bless thank you for your lovely words. I wonder if there's a Paraiba seller in Oz? It'd be interesting to find out! I'm sure there must be. There's a cutter who I know has a good rep on this board and he's based down under. I wonder if he's seen any or knows if there are any around (even if it's just to look at!). If I can remember his name / website, I'll post it up but you probably know who it is without me racking my brains anyway. He has a high number of natural blue topaz. Does that ring any bells?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
You may be thinking of Doug Menadue of Bespoke Gems but he's in a different state. I've looked at his site many times since discovering it here on PS but have to say I'm sorely disappointed in most of his stones - saturation mainly. Unfortunately the OZ market is flooded with pink and blue topaz and cz and only occasionally do you even get to see a pink sapphire! ;( I've just discovered a good cutter in my city and hopefully will be going to see his stones in a couple of weeks (forgive me if I keep the site confidential for now since there is something I'm interested in) he told me on the phone yesterday that he has clients who are clamouring for seafoam tourmalines but we didn't talk about paraiba - I'm saving that conversation for in-person :bigsmile:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to say that my tourmaline is 3.4ct cushion and about 12x10 - I don't want to know if a replacement is available here because it would surely be beyond my means :D

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I would love to have seen it, LD, but I 100% understand and support your (or anyone's) decision to edit and delete posts and especially anything personal. :wavey:

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I for one am sorry that I missed it. Dang. You snooze...

I am sure it would have been fascinating!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1327445167|3110799 said:
Arc - I'm so sorry! Did I miss your question? I thought Minous was the one who asked about oranges???? Maybe you posted a question and because of our time differences the thread was pulled before I saw it?

I do have some oranges (spess, some mandarin citrines, opals etc) but honestly it's not my favourite colour to wear so I don't have as many as other colours. Does that answer it?

Yes ma'am it does!! Considering how much you love rose gold :bigsmile: (*ducks*) I thought maybe it was about on that level. But go to know you at least like orange a little. :tongue:

-A

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, to be honest, I felt bad for LD that she really didn't have much in the way of gemstone jewelry to show off...I'm sure she asked it to be pulled out of sheer embarrassment, heh heh.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
:naughty: Yeah, pitiful really :shock: :mrgreen: :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok you guys got me. It was sheer embarrassment! Whatever possessed me! :-o :lol:

Arc - you are so baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! What on earth makes you think I don't like rose gold? I dunno, people have the strangest impressions on this forum (*runs away giggling*)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Okay....I'm here, better late than never...did I miss anything? :bigsmile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope! Just some bits of glass and synthetic stuff.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wheew! *wipes brow* - I'd hate to be caught napping on this thread :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results