shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i need help.

amilano89

Rough_Rock
I had posted about this before in a thread about whether or not I should replace my stone, but we decided to sooo...

I have a 1.1ct round center stone in a verragio cushion halo setting. my husband wants to upgrade the center stone for me as a baby gift and in celebration of having a boy, we decided on a sapphire. The stone is going to be 2.5-3ct and oval shaped. My question is, how much would it cost to have my halo replaced with one to fit the stone? or would it be more worth it to get a simple halo setting ring and keep this one the way it is? pictures included of my ring. thanks in advance! i have NO idea of what i'm doing :twirl:

Photo%20on%202011-11-08%20at%2014.57.jpg

Photo%20on%202011-11-08%20at%2014.56.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but i need h

I think it will cost more to modify this setting than it would cost to simply have a new ring made. and the modified setting would likely be not as nice or have the proper level of craftsmanship as a properly made new one.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

I agree with VL. If you're getting a new stone, and need to have a different size for the halo, it makes more sense to just do a new ring.

If you had your heart set on keeping it to 1 ring, you could get a sapphire for something else like a nice halo pendant. That way you get to have a nice halo ring and pendant!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with Vapid. It would cost much more to retrofit the ring. Keep the original and have another made.

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I think it's a very pretty ring and it would be a shame to dismantle it. Something to keep in mind (and I know because I also have a verragio setting) is that if you let anybody else besides verragio modify the setting, it will void their warranty. So if it was me, I would keep the original e-ring and get a sapphire RHR to celebrate your baby (which is kind of what I am doing too). Look forward to your sapphire photos!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There will be too much work involved to redo the halo for an oval shape. What you have is an integrated setting where everything is seamless. Why not get a round sapphire instead of an oval, to re-utilize the same setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results