shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LT777

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I was wondering if there is a big difference, to the naked eye, between a 1.36 and a 1.50 ct. emerald cut stones. I''m debating between these two. There is about a $850 difference between the two.

Thanks!

reena

Ideal_Rock
do you happen to have the measurements of the two stones handy?

LT777

Rough_Rock
1)
Shape: EC
Carat Weight: 1.36
Measurements:
Length to Width: 7.02 x 5.75 x 3.77 mm
Proportions:
Depth: 65.6 %
Table: 68 %
Girdle: MD
Culet: NON
Finish:
Polish: G
Symmetry: G
Clarity: IF
Color: J
Cut: Ideal
Fluorescence: NON

2)
Shape: EC
Carat Weight: 1.50
Measurements:
Length to Width: 6.40 x 6.24 x 4.24 mm
Proportions:
Depth: 67.9 %
Table: 66 %
Girdle: TN-MED
Culet: NON
Finish:
Polish: G
Symmetry: G
Clarity: VS1
Color: J
Cut: Ideal
Fluorescence: NON

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Given the measurements, there should definitely be a visual difference.

LT777

Rough_Rock
So which one would you suggest going with, if you were to be purchasing it?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s not size that makes these different (the 1.36 is a hair larger by numbers), but proportions (again, the more slender 1.36 should look more impressive).

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, as ana said, given that the 1.36 will appear visually larger than the 1.50, i wouldn''t decide this one based on carat weight. no sense paying for extra weight that you can''t see.

the second stone is going to look square, not at all rectangular. is that a problem for you?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AZp.JPG

LT777

Rough_Rock
Thanks ana and everyone else, yeah i noticed the numbers too. I definitely don''t want a squarish one, as the second one appears to be.

Also, as far as the color, J, is this going to look really yellow? I''m thinking since the cut is ''Ideal'' and it''s clarity is IF, it might not look so yellow. Am i correct in my assumption?
Thanks again!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
plus--my two cents.............i dont think i would spend the premium for internally flawless with a j color stone

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Ditto. Why the heck buy a J IF? I mean, there is nothing wrong with a J...but for the same money, you can do much better color and still get an eye clean stone!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
There is a nice looking HVs2 on DBOF. They carry very nice stones in house. Check out how the price compares. !

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes--also if the poster (hello poster
emsmile.gif
) doesnt post the measurements to get an assessment of the visual appearance and didnt seem to relaize how differently the two stones would look I am kind of feeling that she needs some guidance not to be disappointed.........no offense really, i was that way once
emteeth.gif

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 2:47:38 PM
Author: moremoremore
Ditto. Why the heck buy a J IF? I mean, there is nothing wrong with a J...but for the same money, you can do much better color and still get an eye clean stone!
ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results