shape
carat
color
clarity

Contagious

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Hi all you diamond nuts.

Here is a story that you should all love.

I did a lot of research here to find a great stone. I did, but bought from a B&M store because I needed a 100% returnable setting and diamond in case I missed the mark when I suprised my girlfriend with a ring.

( I didn''t, she loved it and we had it sized after looking at lots of other settings).

My Fiancee''s parents immagrated 35 years ago and struggled to make a life here. They raised 4 kids and sent them all to college. With an eye toward frugality and careful planning they now own a gorgeous home and are comfortably middleclass.
I was worried that they would dissaprove of the cost (I would never tell them) of the ring I bought. Neither seemed too interested in it except for her mother scolding me good naturedly that I must have spent my years salary on it.

Two weeks after our visit, her father calls and asks to speak with me. He tells me that he would really like to buy his wife a diamond since they had no money when they got married.

He was thinking half a carat as his wife will probably have a fit over anything so expensive being on her finger. (I know, a little different perspective to many Pricescopers!) Since my FI was bragging that I now know more about diamonds than anyone in the world, he asked for my help.

I am thinking online diamonds as I now have heard so many great stories. Blue Nile seems to have the most selection of half carats at very good prices.

What I don''t see are Sarins on the stones.

I have been to three of the most talked about vendors and don''t see Sarin info. Can someone point me the direction of a good place or educate me to the process? Do I just have to email and ask?

I am thinking to keep it right around $1k with Ideal or just under ideal, G-H SI1 or 2 and at .45-.5 GIA only. I think a GIA cert will make her dad feel better about spending what seems like a lot of money to him.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This site is solely responsible for this mess I am in!! And for the beautiful Ideal on my girl''s finger.

Thanks
Roadpupp

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
OMG, that is such a precious story! Do a pricescope search for an H&A G-H VS2-SI1 .45-.55 ct. diamond -- you''ll get lots of results, several just above or below 1000. Blue nile does have a really good selection of 1/2 ct stones as well. To get sarin information, I believe all you have to do is call and ask the company?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing your story! you seem to know what you are looking for, i''m sure you will do well.........when you get the list narrowed down, post the specs, you will get lots of help with a decision!! good lluck.......

reena

Ideal_Rock
that''s so cool! how nice of you to be able to help out on a project like that.
1.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
aww, that is so sweet! good luck helping him find a beautiful stone
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Loved your story and resulting circumstances!!!! Good you can help.
emthup.gif

BTW, is your FIL interesting in a ER style ring or a diamond wedding band? I just wonder if your MIL might think a diamond band would be :more "practical" and she could still wear her original wedding band is she wanted. Certainly any one of the vendor here on PS could help you with your selection--but should he tend toward a diamond wedding band, please look at what Signed Pieces has to offer (their Facets Collection.). Happy searching!!

cheers--Sharon

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your responses. We have some time on this so I will move forward carefully.

I don't know where the idea I wanted super Ideal diamonds was, but I think for the amount of diamond awareness and budget that my Fiancee's parents have, an ideal or just below would probably be more appropriate.

I will be searching all those vendors and hopefully have some sarin numbers to deal with soon!

I guess the FIL did talk to his wife awhile back and they want a gold solitaire.

-Roadpupp

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results