shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisal Help in NY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lynchfan

Rough_Rock

Can anyone tell me if there are any stores in NYC that will do “While you wait” or 1-2 day appraisals?

I recently purchased a setting from a “high end” retailer in NYC and had them mount a stone, which I already owned. When I had them make the ring I gave them a copy if the GIA Cert and told them that I would need an appraisal when I picked the ring up so that I could insure it. To make a long story short, they did not appraise anything other then the setting (for the exact purchase price) and they would not appraise a stone they did not sell. After complaining for weeks they will send it to an external appraiser if I pay the fee and it will take 2-3 weeks!

Can anyone recommend a retail location that is reputable and can provide an appraisal same day or couple of days? I’m not overly concerned with the appraisal cost.

Thanks!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
A well respected appraiser in NYC is David Wolf of Just Appraisers. Will do it as you sit there with him--you do need an appt but he''s very accomodating

reena

Ideal_Rock
Robert Aretz 212 333-3122

he is located at 49th and 5th and is a very nice guy.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
Justin Krall is easy to work with and will do it while you wait and discuss the stone with you. He is very patient and easy to work with. He appraised my stone and I was pleased with his service.
His phone number is 212-764-0471 Office ,603-930-0375 Mobile. He is on 5th Avenue and 43rd Street.

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2004 9:12:30 AM
Author: windowshopper
A well respected appraiser in NYC is David Wolf of Just Appraisers. Will do it as you sit there with him--you do need an appt but he''s very accomodating
oh yes, david wolfe too, i forgot about him. both he and mr. aretz came highly recommended by oldminer. i chose aretz because he was significantly less expensive, if that''s a concern for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results